Home

Dragon Age 2

This is a discussion on Dragon Age 2 within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28
Dragon Age 2

EA Makes Dragon Age 2 Official, BioWare Teases Reveal Tomorrow

Quote:
BioWare appears to be just a day away from revealing Dragon Age 2, officially, going by the role-playing game developer's Twitter tease. Or was it today, when EA and BioWare officially said that Dragon Age 2 is in development?

The BioWare biofeed wrote earlier today that "2morrow will be a great day for BioWare fans. Just sayin'." Electronic Arts also wrote earlier today, in a press release about Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, that Dragon Age 2 was in development at BioWare, so that's pretty much confirmed.

See?

Currently announced projects at BioWare include the development of ongoing downloadable content for Mass Effect 2, one of the highest rated video games of all time, Dragon Age 2, the highly anticipated sequel to 2009's "RPG of the Year" Dragon Age: Origins, and the story-driven massively multiplayer online game, Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Of course, Dragon Age 2 isn't much of a surprise, given that EA already blabbed about a sequel to Dragon Age: Origins on the books for the first quarter of 2011. BioWare helped nail down a possible release date of February 1, 2011 with this none-too-subtle teaser included in the retail release of expansion Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening. Oh, and BioWare VP Greg Zeschuk told Joystiq earlier this year that Dragon Age 2 will look "super hot."

To sum up, if you like Dragon Age, show up to the internet tomorrow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Dragon Age 2

Still need to finish the first one, but yeah this is great news.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:45 AM   #3
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ

Still need to finish the first one, but yeah this is great news.
Same here.

My Video Game Streams
Old 07-08-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

Game Informer August Cover Story

Quote:
Last year, BioWare and EA introduced gamers to a vast new fantasy world with Dragon Age: Origins. Now, after an expansion and plenty of DLC, the renowned RPG developer is ready to unveil the next chapter in the Dragon Age saga. Dragon Age II is a full-fledged sequel, featuring a new hero, a different part of the world, and a ton of surprising improvements that will shed even more light on the lore of the Dragon Age universe. You can learn all the details in our exclusive 10-page cover story in issue 208.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:14 AM   #5
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

Debut trailer August 17

Official Site

Quote:
Key Features:
  • Embark upon an all-new adventure that takes place across an entire decade and shapes itself around every decision you make.
  • Determine your rise to power from a destitute refugee to the revered champion of the land.
  • Think like a general and fight like a Spartan with dynamic new combat mechanics that put you right in the heart of battle whether you are a mage, rogue, or warrior.
  • Go deeper into the world of Dragon Age with an entirely new cinematic experience that grabs hold of you from the beginning and never lets go.
  • Discover a whole realm rendered in stunning detail with updated graphics and a new visual style.
Box Art:

Concept Art:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #6
All Star

JohnnytheSkin's Arena

OVR: 33

Can't wait! About time to start that second playthrough as a surly dwarf commoner...

Oh, sorry...I got distracted by the internet. - Scott Pilgrim
Old 07-08-2010, 11:07 AM   #7
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm surprised they didn't do more DLC with Dragon Age. It shipped with 2 DLCs, then another you could buy for what, $40 initially (way overpriced). And then finally another DLC. I figured there'd be more micro-stories available, like a dozen or so.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #8
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Day one purchase of course. I tracked the development of Dragon Age Origins for 5 years, from its conception to release. Although I still loved the game, the experience was diminished somewhat by my being spoiled about every aspect of the game except a few major plot points.

I won't make that mistake again with DA 2. The information I have already looked at will be all that I know about the game.

Without spoiling what it is, the fundamental changes they are making to the game may cost them a couple hundred thousand die hard old school players, but will probably bring in a million new players. I'm an old school player, but I'm totally down with the new direction.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »