Home

SECElite's Post Patch Sliders Please Try!

This is a discussion on SECElite's Post Patch Sliders Please Try! within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 02:02 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 32
SECElite's Post Patch Sliders Please Try!

Please see my new thread for updated post patch 3 sliders

Last edited by SECElit3; 09-17-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 03:34 AM   #2
Rookie

WreckEmTech's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: SECElite's Post Patch Sliders Please Try!

I will use these in my online dynasty. Will post stats later. :]
Old 08-15-2010, 04:10 AM   #3
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Just played a nice defensive battle with these. No complaints after 1 tight game.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 08-15-2010, 04:51 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Hm. I haven't tried your sliders yet but with pass coverage and run blocking set at 40..

1) I have CPU pass coverage at 100, and I still complete about 60-65% of my passes -- which is about perfect. Don't you think passing game will be too easy?
2) I have CPU run blocking at 100, CPU RB ability at 75, and HUM rush defense at 25 -- result? CPU still struggles to run the ball. Was CPU able to run the ball against you?
Old 08-15-2010, 09:00 AM   #5
Banned

I am still testing with these sliders but I am loving the game they are giving me so far. As to the post that asks if the pass coverage is too easy and if I complete too many passes. The answer is NO. Quite simply the answer to a good pass defense is a good pass rush. Understand there is a balance. QB Accuracy at 10 makes sure that all throws are not on point. The pass rush set at 30 without the cheesy pass block slider allows for battles, won or lost based on ratings to take place on the defensive line. You will see that the defensive coverage remains balanced at 40. Absolutely anything above 40 and you will see defensive backs mirror the receivers routes, which is unrealistic within itself. At 40 and zero threshold, you will see defensive backs react to the receiver movement accordingly. I firmly believe that these slider settings provide a great game of football.

For the most part, as I have been testing the sliders for weeks, I have noticed that anything above 50 for any slider setting will, make for a more arcade like game. Case and point the pass block slider causes a QB to have extraordinary times to sit in the pocket at 50. Turn this all the way to zero with pass rush still at 50 and you will see a swarming pass rush, a good 4 man defensive line will give a QB about 3 seconds to throw with those settings.

The answer to achieving a sim feel with this game in terms of sliders, is to bring the sliders down

As I mentioned, I am playing with a threshold of zero. I may try a 5 or 10 but that is the highest I will go. At lower thresholds you will see more animations in terms of cuts, jukes, etc... which add to the reality of the game.

Continue to play with these guys and report feedback. I have not started my dynasty yet and will not until the game feels absolutely perfect to me.

Last edited by SECElit3; 08-26-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 09:10 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6

I tied these sliders and had 11 first downs in the first quarter. I didn't miss a pass and ran the ball easily. They just seemed to easy and i'm not that great a player.

I think a lot of it being easy is because the threshold is at 0.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:16 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongsona
Hm. I haven't tried your sliders yet but with pass coverage and run blocking set at 40..

1) I have CPU pass coverage at 100, and I still complete about 60-65% of my passes -- which is about perfect. Don't you think passing game will be too easy?
2) I have CPU run blocking at 100, CPU RB ability at 75, and HUM rush defense at 25 -- result? CPU still struggles to run the ball. Was CPU able to run the ball against you?

One of the last games I played before posting these sliders, was a matchup consisting of Ohio State and Alabama. Ingram (CPU) had 66 yards rushing at the end of the half. I can tell you a few things about your slider settings based off of my slider testing:

At 100 run blocking for the CPU you are going to see a lot of suction blocking. Players will be sucked into blocks and will be unable to get off of the blocks to make the tackle. RB Ability at 75 will present a superhuman RB. Sliders boost the abilities and tendencies of a player so you end up with a back that is playing well beyond his ratings. Human rush defense at 25 will cause a delay in recognition of a run play which means a delay in your defensive unit getting to the ball. I think the answer to your problem will be resolved by other means. Use the sliders I posted as a base set and let me know how they feel. I am off to play another game as the testing goes on!
Old 08-15-2010, 09:18 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by packmanuk
I tied these sliders and had 11 first downs in the first quarter. I didn't miss a pass and ran the ball easily. They just seemed to easy and i'm not that great a player.

I think a lot of it being easy is because the threshold is at 0.
hmmm... that is definitely a different game than the one I am getting. I am going to test at 5 threshold as well as 10. I will get back to you. What teams were you playing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »