Home

What type of offense is the most fun?

This is a discussion on What type of offense is the most fun? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9
What type of offense is the most fun?

I guess this all depends on the type of personnel you have. I like air raid and the option the best, but I find the passing a bit too easy with the new update. For those of you that like the option, what team do you think has the best playbook: Navy or Air Force? I noticed that Navy only has one formation and most of their plays are focused towards the FB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What type of offense is the most fun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4ever
I guess this all depends on the type of personnel you have. I like air raid and the option the best, but I find the passing a bit too easy with the new update. For those of you that like the option, what team do you think has the best playbook: Navy or Air Force? I noticed that Navy only has one formation and most of their plays are focused towards the FB.
I hate the cheesers who abuse the Full House formation.

NCAA has made it virtually impossible to stop.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #3
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

I love the Pistol offense.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:13 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I prefer either an option offense or a shotgun spread/wildcat offense with lots of gimmick plays. Currently I'm using a teambuilder team with the Tulsa playbook, which has a lot of fun, interesting plays in it. My favorite that I've been using about once a game with good success is the wildcat QB screen - I have my halfback taking the snap (his pass ratings are OK) and my scrambling QB lined up wide. The halfback gets the snap and pitches to the QB, who then throws it back across the field on a screen to the halfback. Fun play - not usually a big gainer but it's just entertaining to run. I also do a lot of receiver end arounds and such out of the spread formations. My favorite aspect of it is lining up like I'm going to go bombs away, and then doing lots of weird, short yardage plays that occasionally turn into random big gainers.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:23 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I prefer run-first, spread option attacks. (just about) everything is from the SG. You can give to your HB on pitches or sweeps or dives. You can keep it and run with your QB. You have tons of options between the QB and HB including read options (which are a ton of fun in '11), speed options and load options. You can get your speedy WRs involved in the running game with jet sweeps and motion options. I love how every player on offense except for the linemen and TEs are a threat to run the ball. Of course on top of all of that, you can throw the ball all over the field if you want.

For this type of attack, some awesome pbs are Miss. St, Oregon, Tulsa/Auburn, Louisville/ULM, Florida, Michigan, WVU.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 01:26 PM   #6
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Rowe Zay
I hate the cheesers who abuse the Full House formation.

NCAA has made it virtually impossible to stop.
How is that considered cheese? For every offense there is a counter with defense. It's about adapting and reacting with good strategy.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4ever
How is that considered cheese? For every offense there is a counter with defense. It's about adapting and reacting with good strategy.
The full house formation with someone who knows how to run it well is the hardest offense to stop in this game. And I would agree that it's impossible some times. It's too easy to get a guaranteed 3 yards a play. I played a guy who used Wisconsin and I tried everything against him, finally going with blitz alls and he continued to just hand it to his full back and push his way forward for 3 yards or pitch it to his halfback to the outside.

When an offense can consistently gain yards running the ball when the defense is sending every player, something is overpowered.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:40 PM   #8
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer003
The full house formation with someone who knows how to run it well is the hardest offense to stop in this game. And I would agree that it's impossible some times. It's too easy to get a guaranteed 3 yards a play. I played a guy who used Wisconsin and I tried everything against him, finally going with blitz alls and he continued to just hand it to his full back and push his way forward for 3 yards or pitch it to his halfback to the outside.

When an offense can consistently gain yards running the ball when the defense is sending every player, something is overpowered.
Yep.

There is nothing you can do to stop it. I had a guy do that to me with Clemson, while I used Florida, who had better defensive players than Clemson's offensive players. Every single play they picked up yards. None of the defensive play calls worked to stop it. Even tried the Punt Block formation, but he just pitched it to Harper who had a 50+ yard TD run. When the entire defense is on level 1, any pitch is pretty much a guaranteed 5+ yards.

The only defense which had some success in slowing it down is the 3-3-5 Stack. They still picked up yards but not as much. Its absolutely painful watching a team run on you the entire game, and you cant do a thing about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »