Home

NEW YORK KNICKS Franchise users!

This is a discussion on NEW YORK KNICKS Franchise users! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
Rookie

Intelx's Arena

OVR: 7
NEW YORK KNICKS Franchise users!

Anyone looking to take our beloved Knicks back to respectability this year in 2K11? What are your plans for the season and how do you plan on getting the most out of our roster this year?

I feel so uncertain about Felton being able to truly be a general at PG as i feel he is lacking in some areas. However the excitement and challenge night in and night out should make for a nice run to hopefully the playoffs.

Where ya'll at? Let's go Kniiiiiiicks!!

Intelx
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: NEW YORK KNICKS Franchise users!

I'm interested in playing a few game with the old school Knicks!!! That was my team!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

I will be using the Knicks. I always put myself at PG, make myself about a 77 overall with tons of potential. Then I put a bunch of my friends in free agency.

I plan on building the Knicks into a championship team. Hopefully, with more money, I can sign a few great free agents, get some good draf picks and win a few championships.

Any ideas?
Old 10-01-2010, 10:07 PM   #4
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

We are going to be a phenomenal video game team this year. We have everything you need to be a video game monster outside of some dude rated in the 90's.
  • Explosive low post scorer who can dunk in traffic and demand a double team, plus has a mid-range J. Amare's real-life faults of lack of effort on the glass and on D don't really carry over to 2K.
  • Shooters everywhere (Gallo, Mason Jr, Kelena, TD, etc)
  • Quick PG we can distribute with
  • Athletic wing to iso with in Chandler (he'll be better in the game than IRL)
  • Nasty athlete with some all around game (AR, he'll also be better in 2K than IRL)
  • Two bigs to rebound and block shots (assuming Timofey gets in the first roster update)

For the first time since NBA Live back on PSOne I don't need to sim several years or doctor the roster to have fun with the Knicks. As tempting as it is to throw Melo on the roster before I start my Assoc I'm not going to do it.

Amare will dominate inside, Gallo will average 20 ppg and Felton will be a great floor general. I'm anxious to see how bad our D is portrayed in the game though, could make things fun. I know that the CPU isn't going to be able to stop me on O though.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-01-2010, 10:12 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

This year will be fun for us Knicks fans to finally use them. Melo definitely needs to wear the blue/orange uniform!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 10:36 PM   #6
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm a big time Association nerd and I've already got the framework for my Association website up. I like to keep a neat looking journal of my Association.

I have no real NBA team, but I'm going to hop on the NYK band wagon (if you even call it one). There's so much to like about the Knicks franchise:

Excellent arena with tradition
Stadium sounds are old school
Uniforms are great
Roster has some key pieces and I like all the players (huge in my decision)
Next year they will be a major player in the FA Market

Here's the banner which I basically stole from the Knicks, but I had to it just has that nice crisp, clean feel to it.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

Last edited by NDAlum; 10-01-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #7
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Any updates from other users? Strategy/goal changes or otherwise?

After playing the game for a week I think I have to find a way to get AR into the starting line up. He's the 2nd best player on the team in 2K IMO. I bring the kid in off the bench when I'm struggling and he destroys the other team. Him and Amare on the court together is lethal. Last night I scored 11 points with him in the final three minutes of the first quarter lol.

The question is whether or not it's Gallo (blasphemy, I know) or Chandler that goes to the bench.

This weekend I'll test out the giant lineup of Felton, Gallo, AR, Amare, Turiaf and see how that goes. We're already terrible defensively in the game, not sure having Gallo at the 2 can even make things worse. The problem with that starting line up is that our second unit is Mozgov and a bunch of PG's and SG's.

Maybe I do need to move Amare to the five more often but I have done that enough to see that we get absolutely crushed on the boards when it's a Gallo/AR/Amare front court. It's ugly, don't know if you can win games with that line up on the court on higher difficulty levels. With that being said, I may try to make a move for another big man before the season starts or *gasp* activate Eddy Curry.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-09-2010, 11:35 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Ive had the game sense midnight tuesday, I have been playing every other day and have spent a good couple hours in practice mode and scrimmages. I have played the computer Idk,, probably about 7 times. Im getting use to a NBA game because I don't play a lot. But I plan on time being really good at this game and using the Knicks to theres advanatges. Amare, quick point guard, good shooters and turiff is good at defense and can nail down some bank shots IMO. It will be a lot of fun after I get this team and controls down going online and playing against all the all star teams. Ive been addicted to madden playing hundreds of games online, but this year I am looking foward to doing the same thing in the NBA with the Knicks and thats about the only team I will be using
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »