Home

mjhyankees custom all madden sliders....v.101

This is a discussion on mjhyankees custom all madden sliders....v.101 within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
mjhyankees custom all madden sliders....v.101

Well I've tried many sets here so far, and while all have their merits I've found that either 1. I won way too easily, or 2. Way too much offense or 3. The cpu was way too good and just crushed me.

So......

I'm trying for all madden sliders and I am trying to hold both cpu and human to 75 total points for each category (run, pass, run d, pass d) except where the cpu may need more help.

12 minute quarters, 15 sec run off.
Playcall: On offense: Ask madden...and I audible if I dont' like that play vs the D.
On defense: A mix of ask madden and conventional (I find he calls way too many 4-3 d's vs 4 wr sets.)
I use ask madden to try to get more randomness into playcalling and not using the same plays over and over...also to speed up play time. I hate wasting a lot of time looking for some play unless it's a specific situation (game changing moment perhaps - and I dont' like what madden called).

Injury and fatigue sliders I'm still experimenting. Right now it's on 50 and 54 respectively.
Game threshold...30...trying to prevent big plays and see a difference in speeds from player to player.

Special teams sliders: still experimenting...I think I'm using Jarrod's at the moment.

Penalties....all are at 98 except holding (58), facemask (48) and false start (50).

Ok we are now on version two of my sliders. See items in green for new settings.
Human sliders are all set at 16 with the following modifications:

Human/Cpu

Passing
QB Acc 8/50....trying to balance cpu pass acc with WR catch.
Pass block 19/0
WR catch 35/25 more on this later.

Rushing
Btk 15/0
Run block 30/40
fumble 17/40

pass D
Reaction 30/60
int 45/20
pass rush 0/25

run D
reaction 17/30
block shed 0/0
tackling 45/45

General note: with exception of pass D, human sliders must stay at 62 total with the exception of pass defense which must stay at 75. So adding to one must subtract from another.

Let me know your thoughts. More later.

New House rule (I was wondering when I'd come up with something): No spin moves in the open field. I was finding it way too easy to get the back outside, spin and go for 6. I will spin in the backfield and at the line to make a blitzer or someone miss. I will also continue to use it on kickoffs.

Last edited by mjhyankees; 06-15-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
MVP

Re: mjhyankees custom all madden sliders....v.101

I will begin posting full game results soon. At the moment I've been playing halfs and quarters trying to get a feel..somethings require multiple games to see anything and other things (like break tackle vs tackling) are apparent right away.

I will use these sliders on 3 chises: NY Giants (a decent to good team that should yield a winning record and fairly typical stats - perhaps a little high yardage wise on offense)

The Oklahoma Outlaws: a created team of the strong D variety. This will test the sliders on my defensive end. They have a D in the 90's which means to me they should be holding opposing offenses to 300 yard or slightly less on average. Conversely their weak offense should make me struggle to get anywhere near 300 yards.....so....if I'm gaining and giving up 400 yards per game with this team...the sliders need fixing.

The Orlando Vipers: a created team of the strong O type. I expect them to be among the league leaders in offense, around the 400 yard per game on offense level. Sadly their D should be giving up near the same and I expect many shootouts. If I'm holding teams to under 300 yards or struggling to move the ball...sliders need fixing again.

Let me know if you see any holes in my theories for testing here. Any other comments are also appreciated.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:28 AM   #3
MVP

Issues that I hope this slider set will handle:

Overall the sliders I've tried give me decent games and fun but I've been bothered by a few things that come up way too often. I'm hoping I get the sliders right to prevent this:

#1 problem: way too many big plays. I dont' mean 40 yard completions or runs. I mean that the cpu especially has 3-4 TD runs or catches per game that are in the area of 50 yards or more. I find it ruins too many games. I dont' know how many times I had a nice game at halftime only to see the cpu complete two 60 yard TD passes, have a back run for a 70 yarder and end up with 480 yards of offense as a result (in between the plays are normal). To this end I'm making reaction on D a priority. I will subtract from other areas to get the reaction as high as possible (even if it means reaction 75 and all else 0!!!! Of course I'd have to lower the blocking etc on the other side of the ball)

#2 problem: Getting the running game balanced. Again as above....stuff, stuff, stuff, stuff....80 yard run...I hate that. I know some good research hear says that most gains on the ground or 2-3 yards with the occasional 10+ yarders balancing to an average of around 4.0. I especially get stuffed by the cpu all the time.

#3 problem this may be an "aggression slider" issue and I'd appreciate someone with more knowledge to help me here. I find that for most teams the cpu really throws the ball downfield. He'll get two incomplete passes and complete a 17 yarder all the time. All his passes (except for a few) seem to be 15+ yards all the time. As a result he'll pile up 300 passing yards quite easily.

All other aspects, int's (sometimes too few but not bad), sacks, fumbles etc all seem to be in a reasonable range.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:04 AM   #4
MVP

Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way...and I'm wondering if there is something about Create a teams that sliders don't respond the same (due to wide range between offense and defense in my two teams - one is strong 0 the other is strong D.
Anyway I've been playing with my strong D team vs the Titans. According to my calculations a typical game should see both offenses struggle to get over 300 yards or so. I should not be getting 400 yard per team shootouts....yet that's just what i"m getting. The cpu QB regularly goes something like 12/12 to start the game and end up 23-27.
i kept lowering the cpu (it's Kerry Collins going up against a 90+ defense for God sakes).
After many tries I got the cpu QB to 8 acc, 3 pass block and 8 wr catch...amazingly collins still went 18-26 for 210 yards.....so I'm going to leave it there. As I play better QB's I should see them even more accurate.
All other aspects of the game seemed fine. I had lowered human tackle to 35 and started the find that the cpu, even with btk on 5 began braking too many tackles...especially against my D backs....now I now a TE or good back should break some DB tackles but it seems out of hand. I raised the tackle to 40 but then found that they didn't seem to break very many at all. So I'll toy with that one for a while.
Also in an effort to stop the passing game I raised my pass D reaction to 65 and lowered pass rush and int to 5. Not getting many sacks or int's now...although I got two in my last game vs Collins....I may have to raise these...I'll see. Maybe with the cpu qB dumbed down I can lower the reactiona and raise up the other two sliders. I lowered cpu pass block to 3 and amazingly was not sacking him all day...only 1x.
I am finding this a bit frustrating as the sliders seem to not react much...maybe it's because it's on all madden or I'm not understand what controls what but it seems impossible to get the cpu QB to not be a star every game.
Now on other sliders I used with much higher values I got better results but it wasn't all madden and I was beating the cpu like a drum....I was piling up over 400 yards of offense after a while no matter what team I was.
Updates are in red.

Last edited by mjhyankees; 01-17-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
MVP

Getting good games with better stats except that the cpu completion % took a hit with the sliders at 10. He still made big plays (and came back on a game winning drive the last two games to beat me) but I'm getting 50% or below for cpu QB.

I'm going to try to make his sliders the same as mine for passing.

Any thoughts on how to give him a good completion % but not let him get 450 yards per game like he does?

He throws and completes too many long balls (not always bombs, just 15-20 yarders all the time. I'd like him to dink and dunk like most guys do in the NFL.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Getting good games with better stats except that the cpu completion % took a hit with the sliders at 10. He still made big plays (and came back on a game winning drive the last two games to beat me) but I'm getting 50% or below for cpu QB.

I'm going to try to make his sliders the same as mine for passing.

Any thoughts on how to give him a good completion % but not let him get 450 yards per game like he does?

He throws and completes too many long balls (not always bombs, just 15-20 yarders all the time. I'd like him to dink and dunk like most guys do in the NFL.)
Just keep sliding the accuracy up slowly until you feel its at the right balance for you. With the CPU accuracy that low and the USER pass reaction that high there completition percentage will always be that bad. The CPU accuracy should at least be that same or more then the USER pass reaction. Also the defense playcalling plays a big role in how they attack you. You have to really mix it up. Post some stats from your games..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 01-18-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:22 PM   #7
MVP

Crap....how aggravating.....I keep lowering the cpu catch and acc for QB...and he still puts up 350 yard passing games and 75% completion against me...>I must suck....but really.....2x in the last game he threw up a quail downfield and his receiver just did a jump ball and caught it while my defenders (who i was scrambling to get control of) stood there and watched him catch it and run it in....aaaaaauuuuuggggghhhhh.

I lowered the cpu pass block to 0 and amazingly only had 2 sacks. I lowered the human qB acc to 12...at 10 I was under 50%....at 15 I was at 75% or better...hoping this gets me in between.

running game seems fine.....a may have to back off the blocking but both teams run well and average 4-5 ypc.....sometimes more.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Are you still working on the CPU passing part of this or do you think you pretty much have everything set where you want it for now.I wanna give these a try

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »