Home

Will running every be the same in ea games

This is a discussion on Will running every be the same in ea games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2011, 01:35 AM   #1
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
Will running every be the same in ea games

I look back at the ps2 days and man did we have it good..You had player momentum agility and acceleration all come into play realistically...but those days are over and i have been waiting desperately for it to get back to that...i dont hear people complaining about it so im just wondering have they accepted the way players move on the field? The sliding..players turning on a dime..i mean seriously this is a BIG chunk of the gameplay thats technically broken. Im not here to bash ea at all..but this is the only option of a football game i have.. Who else am i supposed to go too if i want this right? so i am just asking have ppl accepted the way it is?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 01:44 AM   #2
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Will running every be the same in ea games

NCAA doesn't bother me as much for some reason... maybe because I generally love college football more..

Madden on the other hand last year to me was unplayable. Being a falcons fan and relying on Turner I just couldn't play it.. I bought it and a week later sold it. I tried my best but it felt broken, the whole game did.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:48 AM   #3
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
I look back at the ps2 days and man did we have it good..You had player momentum agility and acceleration all come into play realistically...but those days are over and i have been waiting desperately for it to get back to that...i dont hear people complaining about it so im just wondering have they accepted the way players move on the field? The sliding..players turning on a dime..i mean seriously this is a BIG chunk of the gameplay thats technically broken. Im not here to bash ea at all..but this is the only option of a football game i have.. Who else am i supposed to go too if i want this right? so i am just asking have ppl accepted the way it is?
I just don't see this happening until next gen. I just don't think the current tech will allow such a drastic change in player movement.

Unless they are somehow able to implement FIFA's system into M13 I doubt we will it until Madden 14 which will most likely be on the next gen systems.

Last edited by PVarck31; 06-19-2011 at 01:54 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:56 AM   #4
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

It frustrates me but I've come to deal with it.

I can play as Adrian Peterson and go game after game with no broken tackles but I could play against the Lions and Jahvid Best will truck stick my linebackers and then things like this happen with computer running backs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpxfjyjCics

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 06-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #5
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
I just don't see this happening until next gen. I just don't think the current tech will allow such a drastic change in player movement.

Unless they are somehow able to implement FIFA's system into M13 I doubt we will it until Madden 14 which will most likely be on the next gen systems.
FIFA is no better, newer tech or not. On futbol related message boards, it is hammered just like Madden is here for its lack of realistic momentum and turn on a dime movements. It may be better then Madden in that regard, but still far from realistic. All EA games have this issue, it seems.

It's quite sad really to read some of the comments of Ian and Adem in the other thread about how the lack of tech has held this series (Madden) back. Hard to believe that EA Sports either didn't/doesn't have the funds to invest in proper technology to drive their games or didn't have the foresight from the top of the management chain to dedicate resources to this area. Whatever the reason, it has hurt their product in a big way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY

Almost every part of ps2 madden is better except plays, animations, & graphics.. Oh and maybe the way d line shed blocks but thats it!!!!

And fornit to be a new gen. Its sad
Old 06-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #7
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31

I think it is possible with the current tech. The devs just don't want to implement it. They believe gamers want the user control that comes with the way the players move now.

Both 2k and EA go to extremes in this area. 2k uses long animations and has a very realistic looking game but the controls can feel sluggish at times. EA has opted for short animations and the players react much quicker but the game looks very twitchy and unrealistic.

I wish EA would lengthen the animations a bit (but not to the extreme of APF 2k8) and sacrifice a little control for a game that looks smoother but I think they fear a backlash from the community.

I'm really having a hard time getting interested in Madden 12 when I see this. It's something I can't ignore, but in order to play EA's brand of football you have to because they have no intention of changing it, imo.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:11 PM   #8
Rookie

nag5115's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I wish EA would lengthen the animations a bit (but not to the extreme of APF 2k8) and sacrifice a little control for a game that looks smoother but I think they fear a backlash from the community.
You'd think EA would fear the backlash they get year after year due to the twitchy animations. I always have been annoyed with how quickly players change direction, turn on a dime, etc...so unrealistic. Just waiting for that exclusive rights to NFL and NCAA football to expire so EA will have some competition that forces them to step their game up. I feel like every year they put off key changes with the thought that we can do it next year. With competition they will have to fix things now or suffer consumers buying the other football game out there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »