Home

Pocket Scout™ College Football v3.0 (NCAA 2012) PC APP COMING SOON

This is a discussion on Pocket Scout™ College Football v3.0 (NCAA 2012) PC APP COMING SOON within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12
Pocket Scout™ College Football v3.0 (NCAA 2012) PC APP COMING SOON

To keep anyone from having to read through the long 2011 thread I am making this one to keep you all up to date on whats going on with the new product.

I need to update the website, I am no longer doing iPhone development.

I am currently working on a PC version for 2012 which will again cost $2.99. It will include a player calculator that does the same thing the iPhone app did. This is universal and works for all systems, You enter the prospects grades and it will give you an approximation rating for his overall.

It will also have an Online Dynasty file processor that will process the downloaded csv file and give you an approximation rating for every recruit.

The last feature is the bread and butter of the product. The 360 dynasty file processor will take your save file and give you the recruits rating in every attribute, his overall, his overall at every position on the field, and new to Pocket Scout 2012 it will add the players top 10 schools and the ability to process any weekly file not just the preseason file.

For those of you who have a copy of v2 or the iPhone app it will still work with this years game but there will be no future updates for them. If you are on PS3 its not a big deal but for 360 guys you can look forward to in-season file processing and top 10 teams in the new version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

Re: Pocket Scout™ College Football v3.0 (NCAA 2012) PC APP COMING SOON

Terrific news! Quesiton: Is the upload/download process the same as last year's?
Old 07-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
Terrific news! Quesiton: Is the upload/download process the same as last year's?
Yup, just "save/backup" your league file to the thumbdrive in game, use a xbox file viewer on your pc to pull it off, then run Pocket Scout.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

You are freaking awesome bro. Can't wait. I seriously don't even know how to recruit without this program.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:32 PM   #5
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Is there any chance at all of an iPhone version? From your post it seems unlikely, but I'm just checking.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 12:47 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've read a little about the pocket scout but I really don't know anything about it can some one tell me about it and why it's worth getting. Thanks
Old 07-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AteLS57
I've read a little about the pocket scout but I really don't know anything about it can some one tell me about it and why it's worth getting. Thanks
First off, it's $3 so why not give it a shot, and it's NOT an EA extra. I play exclusively offline and — unless I've missed something (entirely possible) — find it ....challenging... to own a game that was created so that it could only be fixed (patches/tuners) or accented with extras via online, and with the latter, for EA costs (heck, I may be wrong here, too).

SEcondly, (sorry for that rant), by gaining a spreadsheet with all attributes rated numerically for all recruits, you'll be able to recruit for your system and style of play. Play mostly zone D? You'll be able to distinguish b/t LBs and DBs with the same OVRs but with different Man/Zone/Press coverage ratings. (Note that you can't see the Press ratings for ATH-DBs in the EA menus, if you play more Man/Press like me you'll gain that info w/ Pocketscout). You'll become less dependent on OVR, picking recruits based on the characteristics you want them to have for your style.

Third, the all-POS ratings provided help you with potential change-POS's guys. I regularly move LBs to DE, SSs to LB. Twice in past four '11 recruiting seasons I picked up QBs with Avg to below-Avg OVRs but with stellar HB characteristics. One's a Jr starter and I've RS'd the other. MUCH more difficult to foresee these changes w/o Pocketscout using just the EA recruiting grades.

I'm like the poster several before, I am so reliant on the program I don't know if I'd be able to recruit any other way.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #8
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm so stoked about this; loved last year's and am really looking forward to the new features. For anybody on the fence, this is a very cool program and definitely worth the $3. As others have said, I became so dependent on this program (and didn't know this year's files would work with it) that having to go back to "regular" recruiting in NCAA 12 has me feeling like I'm stumbling around in the dark.

PS, any sort of estimate as to when v3 might be out?

Last edited by TimLawNYC; 07-18-2011 at 03:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »