Home

Normal/All Pro/Realism

This is a discussion on Normal/All Pro/Realism within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2011, 11:28 AM   #1
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16
Normal/All Pro/Realism

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ider-sets.html
" This might be the most complete slider set on OS to be honest. One of the big differences in dfos81's slider philosophy and others is the idea of "equal based sliders". This means, in layman's terms, that the sliders should be the same for the User and the CPU. Coaching schemes are provided for better balance with these sliders as well as a great explanation on the speed threshold slider. The latest All-Pro v2 set plays very well for me."
Thanks OS and Chris!

Updated 12/20/11(Started testing from All-Pro default 50/50) Tested in Franchise games and also CPU vs CPU testing.
Added All 32 Teams Coaching Schemes. So for those that like to run a franchise controlling all 32 teams.

Equal Based Sliders:
Same for both Player/Cpu Skill Sliders, these can also be used in CPU vs CPU and User vs User games.
(Tip: If your playing CPU vs CPU in order for the sliders to work on each team, you have to create two profiles with identical settings and start the game with two controllers with one on each team(move them back to spectate after pregame show).

Passing
QBA: 50
PBlk: 5
WR: 50

Running
Brk tak: 14
Run Blk: 28
Fumb: 16

Pass D
Pass Rea.Time: 7
Ints: 13 (23)
Pass Rush: 50

Run D
Rush ReaTime: 11 (14)
Blk Shed: 23
Tackling: 14
------------------------------------------------
Penalties

Offside: 92
False start: 86
Holding: 54
Facemask: 55
DPI: 50
OPI: 50
Kr/Pr: 50
Clipping: 50
Int Ground: 50
Roughing Passer: 54

Spteams Sliders

FG Power 45
FG Acc 40
Punt Power 60
Punt Acc 100
KO Power 50(raise your trajectory on kickoffs to see the CPU return more kickoffs)

Franchise Game Options
13min Qtr. Recommend snapping ball at about 12 sec mark(same as the CPU) on play clock, speeds the game up, and it gives the correct avg plays per game. Now the games I've played the CPU stayed fairly balanced. So obviously more passes, incompletes= more plays, but overall gives consistent plays per gm. Avg. 120-135 total plays per gm.

Camera settings: Standard or Wide for played games. Broadcast view for CPU vs CPU
Injuries: 48
Fatigue: 50
Autosprint: off(for Cpu vs Cpu games you can leave these set ON)
Autostrafe: off
Gamespeed: Normal(only tested these sliders w/ Normal Gamespeed)

Autosubs:
Offense

QB: out/in: 50/51

Rb: 85/87(my starting back is T. Hightower, in 6 gms is 15th in carries, 19 car per gm. He's 73 stamina. So now if you want the back to get more carries with lower stamina, go down based on his stamina, of course more stamina means the longer he stays in. I like it around 19, btw I hardley ever sub pkg so these are based off my preference to spread the carries out. Keep Hightower from getting hurt.)

Wr: 60/80

FB/Te: 60/80

Defense
Dt 83/85( I perfer my D to be rotating more often, may move Lb sub out down to 65 or 60)
De 83/85
Lb 60/80
Cb 60/80
S 60/80

__________________________________________________ __

Speed Threshold: 0
(allowing more seperation sideline to sideline for qbs like Vick, Newton, etc. Also should help the spteams return teams and reduce the amount of sacks by NTs/DTs).
Think of threshold as a global speed change between slow and fast players, if I set to 100 then my slow Dts can catch M. Vick almost like a suction sack, so the slow Dts can run down even the fastest players. It really gives a boost to pursuit while bogging down spd and acc.
Now with it @ 0 threshold M. Vick would out run the slower Dts Everytime. Keep in mind I tested this while both the Dt and Qb were in a full Sprint mode. Another way to look @ threshold is 0= more wide open play and 100= more tackles and less big plays, both sides have positives and negatives. Heres some threshold videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0nPs...0&feature=plcp
__________________________________________________ ___________

Tips for those that choose control all 32 teams
If you dive into a 32 team franchise. Keep these things in mind.

1. 1st time it prompts you to select CPU or user on the franchise settings for FA bidding, signing, drafting, etc. Set them all to CPU. That way you don't get stuck having to sign for all teams like I did lol. Turn preexisting injuries off and sim injuries(just for preseason, then turn sim injuries back on for reg season). I usually sim through the preseason and I don't like all the big injuries that happen to all the CPU teams when keeping the sim injuries on during preseason.

2. Also don't delete your 1 team franchise until your sure your not going back to it.

3. Next, after you get to preseason, go to franchise options, be sure to change to your team, and put whatever user controls you want on signing, drafting, updating depth, chart, etc. This will only affect your team that you are set on at that time.

4. Then before I go into advancing to reg season, go to player management and release all "F" potential players on EVERY team.
Don't worry if they are below the minimum on the roster bc after you advance to the reg season and start playing games, the CPU will update/improve the other teams rosters bc you set it that way before starting the franchise. And they actually sign players that are rated good too, instead of the F potential players

This will help you get a good start to your 32 team franchise.
In the offseason its a longer process,
So save after each offseason task is completed, that way if you miss something in the next task you can go back and load the last previous task completed.

Offseason takes more time but your also controlling a lot more too.
So patience will be needed lol

Coachings Schemes for all 32 teams
All alphabetical :

Team: Bears
Offense

1. run/pass- 70
2. aggression, low/high- 50
3. Rb2/Rb1- 80

Defense

1. scheme- 4-3
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 10
------------------------

Team: Bengals
Offense

1. run/pass- 40
2. aggression, low/high- 40
3. Rb2/Rb1- 60

Defense
Philosophy
1. scheme- 4-3
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 10
------------------------

Team: Bills
Offense

1. run/pass- 60
3. Rb2/Rb1- 40

Defense

1. scheme- 3-4
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 20
------------------------

Team: Broncos
Offense

1. run/pass- 20
2. aggression, low/high- 30
3. Rb2/Rb1- 40

Defense

1. scheme- 3-4
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 30
--------------------------

Team: Browns
Offense

1. run/pass- 50
2. aggression, low/high- 20
3. Rb2/Rb1- 40

Defense
Philosophy
1. scheme- 4-3
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 10
------------------------

Team: Bucs
Offense

1. run/pass- 40
3. Rb2/Rb1- 40

Defense
Philosophy
1. scheme- 4-3
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 10
------------------------

Team: Cardinals
Offense

1. run/pass- 60
3. Rb2/Rb1- 60

Defense

1. scheme- 3-4
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 30
------------------------

Team: Chargers
Offense

1. run/pass- 70
2. aggression, low/high- 60
3. Rb2/Rb1- 40

Defense

1. scheme- 3-4
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 30
------------------------

Team: Chiefs
Offense
Philosophy
1. run/pass- 40
3. Rb2/Rb1- 40

Defense
Philosophy
1. scheme- 3-4
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 20
------------------------

Team: Colts
Offense

1. run/pass- 60
3. Rb2/Rb1- 40

Defense

1. scheme- 4-3
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 10
------------------------

Team: Cowboys
Offense

1. run/pass- 60
3. Rb2/Rb1- 30

Defense

1. scheme- 3-4
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 40
------------------------

Team: Dolphins
Offense

1. run/pass- 30
3. Rb2/Rb1- 40

Defense

1. scheme- 3-4
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 30
------------------------

Team: Eagles
Offense

1. run/pass- 60
3. Rb2/Rb1- 50

Defense

1. scheme- 4-3
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 30
------------------------

Team: Falcons
Offense

1. run/pass- 50
3. Rb2/Rb1- 40

Defense

1. scheme- 4-3
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 10
------------------------

Team: 49ers
Offense

1. run/pass- 30
3. Rb2/Rb1- 60

Defense

1. scheme- 3-4
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 30
------------------------

Team: Giants
Offense

1. run/pass- 60
3. Rb2/Rb1- 30

Defense

1. scheme- 4-3
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 10
-------------------------

Team: Jags
Offense

1. run/pass- 40
3. Rb2/Rb1- 60

Defense

1. scheme- 4-3
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 10
----------------------------

Team: Jets
Offense

1. run/pass- 30
3. Rb2/Rb1- 30

Defense

1. scheme- 3-4
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 40
------------------------

Team: Lions
Offense

1. run/pass- 60
3. Rb2/Rb1- 50

Defense

1. scheme- 4-3
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 10
------------------------

Team: Packers
Offense

1. run/pass- 60
2. aggression, low/high- 60
3. Rb2/Rb1- 50

Defense

1. scheme- 3-4
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 30
-----------------------

Team: Panthers
Offense
Philosophy
1. run/pass- 30
3. Rb2/Rb1- 50

Defense

1. scheme- 4-3
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 10
-------------------------

Team: Pats
Offense

1. run/pass- 70
3. Rb2/Rb1- 40

Defense

1. Scheme- 3-4
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 20
------------------------

Team: Raiders
Offense

1. run/pass- 40
3. Rb2/Rb1- 40

Defense

1. scheme- 4-3
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 10
------------------------

Team: Rams
Offense

1. run/pass- 40
3. Rb2/Rb1- 60

Defense

1. scheme- 4-3
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 10
---------------------------------

Team: Ravens
Offense

1. run/pass- 50
3. Rb2/Rb1- 60

Defense

1. scheme- 3-4
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 40
------------------------

Team: Redskins
Offense

1. run/pass- 40
3. Rb2/Rb1- 40

Defense

1. scheme- 3-4
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 20
------------------------

Team: Saints
Offense

1. run/pass- 70
3. Rb2/Rb1- 40

Defense

1. scheme- 4-3
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 30
------------------------

Team: Seahawks
Offense

1. run/pass- 40
3. Rb2/Rb1- 40

Defense

1. scheme- 4-3
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 10
--------------------------------

Team: Steelers
Offense

1. run/pass- 60
3. Rb2/Rb1- 40

Defense

1. scheme- 3-4
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 30

Team: Texans
Offense

1. run/pass- 50
3. Rb2/Rb1- 50

Defense

1. scheme- 3-4
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 20

Team: Titans
Offense

1. run/pass- 50
3. Rb2/Rb1- 60

Defense

1. scheme- 4-3
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 10
------------------------

Team: Vikings
Offense

1. run/pass- 40
3. Rb2/Rb1- 60

Defense

1. scheme- 4-3
2. run/pass- 40
3. aggression- 10
-----------------------------

This is designed to give you total control of your Franchise.
So these should help improve simmed stats and improve upon the teams gameplay. Control all 32 teams to get the best results!

Coaching Schemes and Priority/style will produce more realistic stats, pancakes, and animations!

OFFENSE

1. QB: 100/1
2. HB: 50/1
3. FB: 30/0
4. WR: 20 /1
5. TE: 50/1
6. T: 40/1
7. G: 50/1
8. C: 50/1
9. K: 100/1

DEFENSE
3-4 Schemes

1. DE: 40/1
2. DT: 40/2
3. OLB: 30/2
4. MLB: 20/1
5. CB: 20/1
6. FS: 10/1
7. SS: 10/1
8. P: 0/1

DEFENSE
4-3 Schemes

1. DE: 40/0
2. DT: 50/2
3. OLB: 30/1
4. MLB: 30/1
5. CB: 20/1
6. FS: 10/1
7. SS: 10/1
8. P: 0/1

Coaching Schemes Tips and info below

Coaching Schemes:
These were the setup producing pancakes!
Only changes listed below,Priority/Style OFFENSE

Controlling 32 teams Run V Pass 50/50 for offense/defense keeps the CPU balanced(unless of course they have a Pass heavy or Run heavy Playbook then 50/50 will still result in what the Playbook allows from 50/50)

If your Controlling 1 team 20-40 Keeps the CPU a.i. more Balanced and makes them a better challenge imo.

20-50 aggression(controlling 1 team) is flowing good with the Priority/style coaching schemes below. Currently testing 50 aggression on both User and Cpu coaching schemes.

Rb2/Rb1: 20(if they have 2 or 3 good rbs. Set to 50 and higher if you want just 1 rb to get the bulk of carries ie. AP, S. Jackson, M. Forte, R. Rice)

Coaching Slider Tips}Good find by prey2god!

In my perception and what i see when i play the game for offline franchise. i'll give you my perception on these sliders and what i think they do for your offline franchise. note: these sliders work differently for the games you actually play then the games you sim. sim play is as literal as the coaching scheme looks.

let's start from the top.

Run v Pass Offense

this regulates how the opposing team reacts when you choose a run play versus a pass play. choose 0-40 for an aggressive run game and watch the opposing defense get eaten alive during the run. but, when you try to pass, the CPU will pass rush aggressively, blitz heavy, and play more man to man coverages. 60-100 towards the pass, is the polar opposite. you'll have a pocket.

Run V Pass Defense

on the defensive side of the ball for the run v pass, kind of works the same way. except, that if you choose to defend the run, you could be eaten up if choosing the wrong run defense. same thing with the pass. choose the wrong pass D and the CPU could eat you up all day. one thing is for sure, if you choose to defend more the run then the pass or vice-versa, the CPU will lean it's playcalling towards what you are trying to defend.

Aggression

from what i've seen, this controls how fast the players develope in a play. if you throw a HB screen, try one at 0% aggression, then set it to 100% and the run the same play again. you'll definitely see the difference between the two. at 0%, the offense lineman will wait until the last minute to initiate contact and seem like they have no sense of urgency to set the edge for the screen. at 100%, watch them fly! they'll slide, morph, and basically defy the laws of physics to set a block for the screen. even the classic, "turn around and block behind them" animation sets in. this goes for both sides of the ball. the defense at 100% will make you think that the CPU's skynet has been activated.

Tendencies/Style

if flipped to one or the other then that position is regulated by only one set of animations and plays. If you put the HB on speed, watch the CPU put 8 in the box only when you select a running play. for power, watch the gang-tackle animation happen every time you touch the ball.

Tip:
Also Rb2/Rb1 below 50(mine is 20) the user & CPU will rotate Rb2 more, above 50 and Rb1 gets almost all the carries. Now dont drop this too low b/c then you'll see RB2 get more carries then RB1 and it also effect SIMMED GAMES! I saw backups getting more carries in simmed games too, so watch that.

Priority

priority really means proximity and how the CPU manages players both on the field and off.
For played games if lower Dts to 0 priority and keep O-lineman @ 100 you will see the Dts get tossed around all game.
Why, bc the CPU has 0 priority to give the Dts any focus.
imagine a little circle around each player. the more the priority, the bigger the proximity of the circle. the bigger the proximity the quicker the reaction time. same thing with the ball. except it shares it's proximity circle with the QB. if the qb is set to 0, so is the ball. So the qb set to 0 not only lowers the Qbs level of play but it also means the other CPU players don't react to ball as good either.

Also it helps the CPU manage players off field, like signing FAs, drafting priority, etc. So its really a game changer both on and off the field.

if you were to mess around with something as simple as turning the priority for the QB to 0, watch how long it takes for the opposing DBs to react to the ball if at all as opposed to the QB priority set to 100. set the HB to 0, see if your LBs tackle him easily or you see them basically run in to him and then tackle him. set the o-line to 0, and the d-line to 0. they will run into each other and then initiate a blocking animation. it's all about the reaction time. when everyone's at 100, everyone has the same reaction time. but switch them all to 0, and the game plays completely different. if you would switch all the priority to the o-line to 100, and set the d-line to 0, watch the sliding by the oline. this told me a couple of things.

the offense has to wait for the defense to initiate contact and that the qb trumps all. the game doesn't do anything till he doesn't have possession.

Quick video to help you understand coaching sliders more. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jyFsRykMUM
Its not M12 but the same applies now, except we dont have to control all 32 teams for the cpu, just adjust our coaching and it will also change the Cpu too.

Now the cpu will still stick w/ whats working so If your allowing yds rushing they will run more so and if your allowing passes, the cpu will pass more so.

Coaching sliders can change the gameplay so much. If I put my D on aggressive towards Pass, I will get sacks and ints more often, but I will give up more rushing yds.
Ever wonder why your DT or DEs are pass rushing better than your LBs, style/priority is causing them to play the pass more aggressively. Move it down to run and watch them play the run better and not so boosted on pass rush. So this is a BIG game changer!

Recent changes if your controlling 1 team in franchsie.
Coaching Schemes:
Run vs Pass: 20-40 for both Offense and Defense
Aggression: 20-50 for both Offense and Defense.
__________________________________________________ ____

User vs Cpu Sliders
All-Pro Elite 100% CPU a.i. No more guess work, no holding back!
Recommended for Players that User Control and No House rules needed. The CPU is at 100% a.i. ability in most areas.

Set to All-pro, then raise the CPU skills to 100
Even after raising all CPU skill to 100 you should still show as playing on All-Pro in settings: game options.

Mine are now set to this after about 10 gms of adjusting CPU down from all 100s. Remember keep yours on all 50/All-Pro. Here are some pics about the midway point of my Yr1 testing w/ Skins and the 1st listed slider set below.
http://s1142.photobucket.com/albums/n613/dfos981/

QBA: 50/100
PB: 50/100
WR: 50/50

Brk tak: 50/100
Run Blk: 50/75
Fumb: 50/50

Pass Rea.Time: 50/100
Ints: 50/50
Pass Rush: 50/100

Rush ReaTime: 50/100
Blk Shed: 50/100
Tackling: 50/50

This is what mine are set to now after playing about 10 gms and just lowering the CPU in the areas were they really were overpowering.
I controlled 1 team in franchise mode w/ these and have aggression on 0 for my offense and defense and 50 for run vs pass for offense and defense.

__________________________________________________ _____
Hardcore Allpro-GameSpeed-Normal 100 Threshold.
User vs Cpu Sliders

Player/Cpu Sliders

Passing
Qb acc: 30/75
Pass blk: 50/75
Wr ctch: 50/75

Rushing

Brk tckls: 50/75
Run blk: 50/75
Fumble: 50/75

Pass D
RT: 50/50
Ints: 25/30
PassR: 50/50

Rush D

Rea. time: 40/75
Blk Shed: 40/75
Tackl: 40/50
__________________________________________________ __________________________
Please if you leave feedback on stats, gameplay, etc. Just let us know what set your using and I'm sure if not me somebody will let you know what you should do to fix something you feel is an issue.

Remember these are final sets for me and my style. So you may want something a little easier or harder based off your skills. So feel free to customize these to you and your teams skills.
Enjoy

Last edited by dfos81; 12-30-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Re: Normal/All Pro/Realism

Also rain weather games make avg. Qbs and WRs look worse. Qbs tend to throw more air balls, which is realistic, they tend to tuck and run a bit more, and WRs slip and virtually take themselves out of the Qbs progressions. So keep that in mind.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfos81
Year after year all the Slider gurus come out of hiding in an attempt to get what is in our minds the best Slider/settings. I bet with the hours we put into sliders we could cover a 40hr work week+!!!!! With that being said, in my opinion out of the box normal gamespeed, 50 threshold renders the best true to ratings gameplay. So once we start moving +/- 50, we are going to run into issues one way or another(keep in mind gametesters have much more data/feedbck in settings/playability than we do, they decided what the game is out of the box). So my experience is less is better. Id rather play and enjoy the game(less headaches) ; ) I will be adding my sliders in a bit.................Seems to me EA has just over exaggerated a few areas. So I've decided to use just a few tweaks. Things that seem to be outliers to me. 1. Qbs(avg. Qbs have a hard time throwing 50%). Maybe its b/c pass rush is causing it, maybe its b/c they may have tendencies that cause them to duck and run after a lil pressure gets to them. So if your an above avg D, and you know how to adjust on the fly, you can make avg. Qbs look at or below avg. Next outlier to me is too many ints. Both player and CPU get too many picks. That's pretty much it as far as player/CPU sliders. Next, penalty settings, or lack there of, however this is an easy fix, so stay tuned, and feel free to post your thoughts
You bring up true scenarios as far as creating sliders go. These fine gentlemen here put in hard work to help others, but in reality gamers really need to fine tune it themselves. Simply because we are all different in the skill dept.

How are my avgs and your avgs going to be the same. It wont happen and puzzles me why players ask for stats and avgs.

I do agree with the amount of testing I have done on both allpro and all madden. AllPro is a better level to build from to get a better realistic game for yourself.

Now with game speed I say fast better represent the NFL game, but Normal is not bad at all. Slow and very slow actually cheat you from missing animations that you get at the faster speeds.

What I have learned from all pro you can actually really create it be to be very difficult or tone done to your liking without sacrificing anything. I feel allpro you can balance it out just right where good teams are good and bad teams are bad.

All Madden I don't get this. Yes I can create it to be playable , but the game itself doesn't present the all around crazy things that happen in the NFL that I can get on All Pro.

Madden 12 is a lot of fun once you nail your settings to your preference.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
You bring up true scenarios as far as creating sliders go. These fine gentlemen here put in hard work to help others, but in reality gamers really need to fine tune it themselves. Simply because we are all different in the skill dept.

How are my avgs and your avgs going to be the same. It wont happen and puzzles me why players ask for stats and avgs.

I do agree with the amount of testing I have done on both allpro and all madden. AllPro is a better level to build from to get a better realistic game for yourself.

Now with game speed I say fast better represent the NFL game, but Normal is not bad at all. Slow and very slow actually cheat you from missing animations that you get at the faster speeds.

What I have learned from all pro you can actually really create it be to be very difficult or tone done to your liking without sacrificing anything. I feel allpro you can balance it out just right where good teams are good and bad teams are bad.

All Madden I don't get this. Yes I can create it to be playable , but the game itself doesn't present the all around crazy things that happen in the NFL that I can get on All Pro.

Madden 12 is a lot of fun once you nail your settings to your preference.

Again all pro, all madden...its up to the user, his skill level and how many house rules he wants to deal with. I hate house rules (other than playing sim style). i don't post my stats to encourage others to try my sliders. I post so my brethren can help me make corrections. Same with a new guy asking for help. If he posts his stats I get an idea of what needs to be fixed.
your point on faster speeds is interesting because I've read other guys swear that at slower speeds the animations are better. I went to very slow myself. Slow and normal looked the same to me (what can I tell you) and very slow felt more realistic. Couldn't say whether I gained or lost animations. I agree 100% though that sliders are individualized. One uses another's sliders set as a base (saves them a lot of testing) and refines from there. I have a thread on how to set up one's own sliders.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 09-11-2011, 12:26 PM   #5
Banned

dfos81's Arena

My theory is the sliders should be at least 50, player/CPU. With the exception being ints, I put player ints at 25. CPU 26. All the other sliders for CPU are 51. Player are default 50. Gamespeed normal with 13 mins and acc clock on 20/which is defaul ts for acc clock. Now after about 10 games with Redskins, everything seems very good, as far wins and losses. I'm 5-5, most of the testing was against Giants, Cowboys, and Cards, basically 1st 3 gms on Skins schedule. Now if just giving the CPU a 51 on all other sliders makes a differ, that's the ?............. I belive it does, also I think if you attempt To improve a certain aspect of the player or CPU side(w/ the lone exception being ints), (now the Cowboys picked me off multipe times when I made bad reads, so ints are still occurring even at 25/26) So you only need to move the Slider +1 or -1 in those areas and play the same team again, and see if it made a differ. Now I started by just giving the CPU a +1 advantage and it seems tuff enough for my team already. So this will be my base. 50/51, Normal, All Pro. U can look around on here and get a good common ground for penalties, autosubs, injury, etc. I actually moved injury down to 45 and they still occur. Just not as many major multiple week kinds. So enjoy these as a base and try to adjust 1 area +1 or -1 at a time. 50 should be the min. W/ ints being the only exception(25/26).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 03:04 PM   #6
Banned

dfos81's Arena

So far with these, elite players are doing what they should, ex. Larry Fitz, was doing exactly that, giving me fits lol. Played cowboys next and Romo was targeting Dez and Miles more than I expected. Bryant went for 125 rec 6 cths, and 1 td. I'm getting close, very competitive games! I'm using Skins and so far thru Grossman has 79 Qb rating, he is producing exactly what his ratings intel, he is inconsistent downfield med to long, and is more effective when targeting Tes and The, I lack a possession wr so I use 2 Tes more so and hit Fred Davis and Cooley. Skins running game is the strong point. Hightower is 4th in rushing yds, 5.0 per carry, he's on a hot streak with 2 100+ yd gms in a row. Trying to limit his touches so he doesn't get injured. I am enjoying the game and will not be looking to change any more sliders for awhile! That's saying a lot for this Madden in comparisons with previous Maddens. Hope you all get to enjoy it as much as I am.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #7
Banned

dfos81's Arena

Also forgot to mention, ints have been decreased again, 19/20. Still getting 1-2 ints per game. That's really the only major Slider that's not 50. All others are 50player/51cpu.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3
Question Re: Normal/All Pro/Realism

I havent posted or responded to anything Madden 12 related. I have been reading a ton of post, especially slider related, and I have 2 questions. If default sliders are set at 50, out of the box, does this allow for the true attributes of players? And, if not, why would EA, year after year, put Madden on the market with default settings that do not allow this game to be played " sim style "?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »