Home

Week 6: San Francisco 49ers (4-1) @ Detroit Lions (5-0)

This is a discussion on Week 6: San Francisco 49ers (4-1) @ Detroit Lions (5-0) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Week 6: San Francisco 49ers (4-1) @ Detroit Lions (5-0)

The best matchup this week as far as records go. It's been a surprising season for both of these team so far.

The Lions are 5-0 for the first time since 1956 and currently have a 9 game regular season win streak. They are also fresh off their first Monday night appearance in forever and their first win on MNF in even longer. Jahvid Best also put up his best performance with 163 yards and a TD.

Lions rank 4th in ppg, 7th in passing yards, 24th in rushing, 12th in opp pass yards, and 18th in opp rush yards.

The 49ers come in off their biggest win since the Joe Montana era. They have been hampered with injuries to their wide receivers as they were sitting at 3 (Brett Swain was signed today giving them 4). The only 49ers loss was in overtime to the Dallas Cowboys, a game in which they blew a lead. They could easily be 5-0 as well.

The 49ers rank 7th in ppg, 29th in passing yards, 12th in rushing yards, 23rd in opp pass yards, and 4th in opp rush yards.

I think that Lions running game will not be anywhere near the factor it was against Chicago. If this game were in San Francisco, I'd probably take the Niners, but I like Detroit at home. Should be a close game though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Week 6: San Francisco 49ers (4-1) @ Detroit Lions (5-0)

I think the matchup is in our favor. Their defense isn't great against the pass, which Detroit excels in and our defense has played enough top HBs to make me believe that we can stop/contain Gore (Blount, Peterson and Forte).
Old 10-11-2011, 11:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Lions enter Beast Mode this week and beat the 49ers. The Niners pass defense won't hold up, and after the Lions have tossed the ball all over the lot, they'll ice the game with Best. Should be fun to watch though.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:39 PM   #4
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

From a personnel standpoint I think the 49ers match up better against the Lions than the Bears and definitely the Vikings.

Should be a good game nonetheless though.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 55

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #6
Banned

AutoMG's Arena

OVR: 0

Lions take it by 10 I think. 27-17
Old 10-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #7
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
I think the matchup is in our favor. Their defense isn't great against the pass, which Detroit excels in and our defense has played enough top HBs to make me believe that we can stop/contain Gore (Blount, Peterson and Forte).
Lions have a good D but I wouldn't say they stopped Fotre (116 RUY) or Peterson (78 RUY) who only got to run the ball five times the entire second half of the game. Lions have a slight edge but I wouldn't sleep on the 49'ers and Gore looks like he still has some gas left in the tank.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #8
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
Lions have a good D but I wouldn't say they stopped Fotre (116 RUY) or Peterson (78 RUY) who only got to run the ball five times the entire second half of the game. Lions have a slight edge but I wouldn't sleep on the 49'ers and Gore looks like he still has some gas left in the tank.
Well I put stopped/contained. We didn't hold them to nothing, but we prevented them from taking over the game. Once we got a lead or began to put pressure on score-wise, they abandoned the run. The idea would be to get an early lead on the 49ers, and force Smith to throw to his depleted receiving corps. I don't doubt that Gore will get his yards. But we can keep him out of the endzone; Detroit is one of the best short yardage teams in the league on defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »