Home

Mill's Sliders

This is a discussion on Mill's Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Mill's Sliders

Just wanted to throw these out here. Something I have been tinkering with for the past couple of weeks, after the CPU rushing attack was frustrating me on default All Pro.

I will say that I do not switch on offense or defense, so there is your first caveat. I normally play FS or SS, but I'm not sure how much that would affect your game if you played a different position.

Also, I am a big proponent of keeping the CPU and Human sliders the same. I don't like to feel like either team has a "built in" ratings advantage.

These won't be for everyone, and to be honest they were a result of an extreme experiment I had when I noticed that the reasoning behind the lack of a CPU run game was that my LB's read plays entirely too quickly (I use the Ravens in franchise, but play a lot of random Exhibition as well). So, I wanted to stop that.

GAME OPTIONS
Playcall Style - Optional
Quarter Length - 13 Minutes
Auto Strafe - Off
Auto Sprint - On
Injuries - 45
Fatigue - 57 (Very important to set Auto Subs. No definite settings, as they should be custom for the team you use. But if you don't have them set, you WILL notice deteriorated play as the game goes on from guys you play too much)
Game Speed - Slow
Player Min Speed Threshold - 50

PENALTIES
Offsides - 75
False Start - 60
Holding - 53
Facemask - 53
Defensive Pass Interference - 100
Offensive Pass Interference - 100
KR/PR Interference - 100
Clipping - 52
Int Grounding - 100
Roughing the Passer - 53
Roughing the Kicker - 100

SKILL SLIDERS (Same for Human and CPU)
QB Accuracy - 15 (Combined with the Pass Defense sliders, creates more balls that are not defensed and not caught.)
Pass Blocking - 50
WR Catching - 50/50

Broken Tackles - 50
Run Blocking - 50
Fumbles - 50

Pass Reaction Time - 0 (Separates the good pass coverage players from the ones that will be a weak point on the field. Ed Reed still has a real nose for the ball, while guys like Bernard Pollard can be taken advantage of)
Interceptions - 40 (Just to lower the interception rate as a whole)
Pass Rush - 50

Run Reaction Time - 0 (Mostly fixes the CPU run game due to them being able to get positive yardage on most plays. You will still get the occasional tackle for loss, but that is what it is now, occasional. Also keeps the CPU linebackers in position instead of getting caught in holes as a RB jukes to another. Creates more 3-5 yard runs, and less -3 and 20 yard runs.)
Block Shed - 50
Tackle - 40 (Too many first time tackles by DBs. Good tackles still tackle, and good angles when hitting the ball carrier pay off)

SPECIAL TEAMS
FG Power - 50
FG Accuarcy - 50
Punt Power - 50
Punt Accuarcy - 50
Kick Off Power - 50

So, that is it. As you can see, the extreme fix is putting both reaction sliders at 0, and causing the separation of good players in terms of awareness. The run reaction slider is what has really helped this game for me again, because I have really noticed that linebackers don't force their way into incorrect gaps, and they play more "bend but don't break" against the running back, which helps lower the number of big plays both defensively and offensively.

I should also state that I don't buy into the "under the hood" theories everyone has (keeping the numbers of any category to 75 keep the CPU AI to All Madden, etc). I have had enough conversations with enough people that would know the answer to that to believe we have a lot of placebo effects going on here.

If you wish, please let me know what you think. I hated having to do sliders, but wanted to enjoy my franchise and felt this was the only way I could at this point. These work for me. Hopefully they just help a few more people along the way.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

Last edited by Millennium; 10-23-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Mill's Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
I should also state that I don't buy into the "under the hood" theories everyone has (keeping the numbers of any category to 75 keep the CPU AI to All Madden, etc). I have had enough conversations with enough people that would know the answer to that to believe we have a lot of placebo effects going on here.
It's not placebo.

The kicking meter speeds up as if it were All-Madden.

The AI also plays differently/sharper, even with lower settings.

It doesn't matter for sliders being quality or not, but it's there. I don't think everyone who sees it is just having placebo effect.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
It's not placebo.

The kicking meter speeds up as if it were All-Madden.

The AI also plays differently/sharper, even with lower settings.

It doesn't matter for sliders being quality or not, but it's there. I don't think everyone who sees it is just having placebo effect.
I am telling you that it does not affect the CPU AI. Get me a developer that says it does, as I have had two tell me face to face that it doesn't.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 10-22-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
I am telling you that it does not affect the CPU AI. Get me a developer that says it does, as I have had two tell me face to face that it doesn't.
It must be a bug that they don't realize because the kicking meter goes fast and the gameplay changes as soon as you drop all the categories down to 75 from 76. The gameplay changes directly to All-Madden when you do that. Its night and day from 75 to 76. Its been testing out by a lot of people on OS. A lot of non believers too.. Test it out for yourself and you'll see..
Old 10-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #5
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
It must be a bug that they don't realize because the kicking meter goes fast and the gameplay changes as soon as you drop all the categories down to 75 from 76. The gameplay changes directly to All-Madden when you do that. Its night and day from 75 to 76. Its been testing out by a lot of people on OS. A lot of non believers too.. Test it out for yourself and you'll see..
I have tested it, which is why I asked.

There us no bug. The CPU AI is hard coded and does not change for ANY settings in the game. It makes decisions based on calculations of ratings plus the effects of the sliders affecting the ratings.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2011, 02:50 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
I have tested it, which is why I asked.

There us no bug. The CPU AI is hard coded and does not change for ANY settings in the game. It makes decisions based on calculations of ratings plus the effects of the sliders affecting the ratings.

I have to respectfully disagree to the fullest.. I see the big difference in gameplay along with the kicking meter speeding up as soon as you change all the categories to 75.. I've done extensive testing on this since Madden 11 and I'm convinced of the change in gameplay.. I didn't know it until I moved one of the categories up to 76 or 77 for a friend and noticed the kicking meter going slow and I saw how drastically the gameplay changed. It wasn't hard to notice.. The CPU QB started throwing a lot of lob passes and it was so easy for him to score on the CPU. I started testing it out a lot and realized that the gameplay changes to All-PR0 when you go above 75. The gameplay changes to Pro when you go above 150. A lot of quality OS posters have tested this extensively..

Did you ask them why does the kicking meter speed up as soon as you drop all the categories to 75 just like default All-Madden?

But I respect your opinion on it but I have my beliefs about how the Custom sliders work and will stick with my theory until EA does the Madden sliders like they do the NCAA sliders..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 10-22-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:53 PM   #7
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I have to respectfully disagree to the fullest.. I see the big difference in gameplay along with the kicking meter speeding up as soon as you change all the categories to 75.. I've done extensive testing on this since Madden 11 and I'm convinced it is.. I didn't know it until I moved one of the categories up to 76 or 77 and noticed the kicking meter going slow and I see how drastically the gameplay changed. The CPU QB started throwing a lot of lob passes and it was so easy for him to score. I started testing it out a lot and realized that the gameplay changes to All-PR0 when you go about 75. The gameplay changes to Pro when you go above 150. A lot of quality OS posters have tested this extensively..

Did you ask them why does the kicking meter speed up as soon as you drop all the categories to 75 just like default All-Madden?

But I respect your opinion on it but I have my beliefs about how the Custom sliders work and will stick with my theory until EA does the Madden sliders like they do the NCAA sliders..
Disagree however you wish. Its a theory that some people believe, and until a developer tells me otherwise (as they have already told me that it isn't true), that is all it is...a theory.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 10-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'll definitely give these a look tonight. I like the idea that Ninja and you have about keeping the levels even for both sides.

Do you have some game stats from these settings to post? I'd love to see how things play out with them.

The kicking meter certainly does seem to speed up to me with certain settings, but that's just me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »