Home

Arrowhead Pride - The Kansas City Chiefs(HC09)

This is a discussion on Arrowhead Pride - The Kansas City Chiefs(HC09) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #1
Rookie

Shaka23's Arena

OVR: 3
Arrowhead Pride - The Kansas City Chiefs(HC09)

Home of the Kansas City Chiefs -- All-Time Record: (379-333-12) -- Playoff Record: (8-13)

Hello,

Welcome to the fictional home of this universe's Kansas City Chiefs. Much like it's real world counterpart the NFL has finished the 2007 season with a bang, watching as the New York Giants pull off one of the greatest comebacks in sports history over the previously unbeaten and world beater New England Patriots.

Meanwhile, the once proud franchise of the Kansas City Chiefs has fallen on hard times. Following a sometimes stellar yet inconsistent coaching tenure by Dick Vermeil, the Chiefs intrusted the future with former Jets coach Herman Edwards only to find themselves searching for it's next "Chief" just two years later.

We join the Kansas City Chiefs at the end of the 2007 season as they look to hire their 10th coach in franchise history and try to return to it's once feared and established form.

Last edited by Shaka23; 11-16-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #2
Rookie

Shaka23's Arena

Re: Arrowhead Pride - The Kansas City Chiefs(HC09)

Chiefs Hire Cardinals Assistant Hammermill As Head Coach

The Kansas City Chiefs have announced they have ended their head coaching search and will be hiring former Arizona Cardinals assistant head coach and offensive coordinator Greg Hammermill.

One of just three coaches who applied for the job including Ravens Defensive Coordinator Rex Ryan and 49ers Linebackers coach Mike Singletary, the Chiefs explained during the teams press conference that there wasn't any doubt who would be in charge of this teams future following the coaches interview.

The Chiefs made an official announcement early Tuesday that said:

Quote:
"We're proud to announce Coach Hammermill as the new face of this organization. We feel he has the knowledge, the experience and the drive to accomplish everything we have planned here as we look forward with the Kansas City Chiefs. We feel the long search has been worth it and we have the right man for the job."

Long speculated as a candidate for the job, Hammermill joins the Chiefs as the teams 10th coach in history following a 6 year stay with the Arizona Cardinals that saw a Superbowl birth in 2006 as well as a 9 year career with the Michigan Wolverines where he served as an assistant under his father Tom Hammermill. His brother, Gary, took the Wolverines program over in 2004.

Greg has no previous head coaching experience. Here is a look at his coaching resume.

Code:
Coach Name: Greg Hammermill
Coaching Type: Commander
Offensive Playbook: Hammermill West Coast (Modified McCarthy West Coast)
Defensive Playbook: Hammermill Physical (Modified 3-4 Pressure)
Quarterback: Field General
Runningback: Workhorse
Fullback: Ball Carrier
Wide Receiver: Route Running
Tight End: Soft Hands
Offensive Line: Run Blocking
Defensive Ends: 3-4 Versatile
Defensive Tackles: Run Stopping
Outside Linebackers:3-4/ Pass Rushing
Inside Linebackers: Power/Blitzing
Cornerbacks: Strong/Press/Run Support
Free Safeties: Centerfield
Strong Safeties: Hard Hitting/Run Support
Kickers: Accurate
Punters: Big Foot

Last edited by Shaka23; 11-16-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #3
Rookie

Shaka23's Arena

Greg Hammermill Initial Press Conference

Following the hiring of Greg Hammermill as the teams new head coach the Kansas City Chiefs held a press conference to answer all questions regarding the hiring as well as give Hammermill an opportunity to dress the community and the league.

A quick introduction by General Manager Carl Peterson and Hammermill has the floor:

Quote:
"Hello Everybody,

I'd like to first thank Carl Peterson and the entire Hunt family for this great opportunity. It's a special opportunity any time you get the chance to leave your mark in a game let it be high school, college or professionally. I'm extremely honored to be given this chance and responsibility."

"One thing I told the Hunt family and Mr. Peterson initially during the interview policy was my belief in the Kansas City way. In a way, the Kansas City was has always been how I have seen football to be played. It's the old way, the traditional way. You run the ball, you play defense and you defeat the will of your opponent. That's football to me. I guess my brother didn't get that message(Audience chuckles). Truthfully, that's how I view football and so it was one of the first things I wanted to share with the management here in Kansas City. It was a chance for me to basically say, listen... this is how I see things and if you're going to even look at me for this job, know that this is how I am. I guess it worked."

"And so expect that out of the Kansas City Chiefs. With all respect to Herman Edwards, who i have a great respect for and know personally, it's time we bring football back to the way Kansas City knows it, how Arrowhead knows it and how this community has always known it. That's why I am here. I am here to win football games and that's what I plan to do."

Random Reporter:
The Chiefs are just a season replaced from 10 wins. Following a 4 win season there are still a lot of expectations from this fan base to win and win now. How do you respond to such immediate expectations taking over a losing team?

Quote:
"That's how it should be. You should always want to win, work to win and therefor expect to win. If the fan base expected anything less I would question their fandom. I wouldn't call them much of a fan base at all. The same can be said about the management. You have to win in the NFL. That's it. We will do that from day one. I don't think anyone on this staff believes we need a 3 year plan to be successful. We want to win tomorrow, today and we will do what needs to be done to see that through.

Random Reporter #2:
Any indication on what you plan to do from here, what the teams plans are looking towards the draft and free agency?

Quote:
"That's something for this staff to discuss further and something Mr. Peterson and I plan to have many conversations over in the following weeks. We realize there are needs to be met and it's our job to meet them.

It seems Greg Hammermill has no intentions on building a team to win in a few years and instead plans to win now. With little talent on this roster it will be fun to see what steps are taken in order to achieve such lofty early expectations.

Last edited by Shaka23; 11-15-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
Rookie

Shaka23's Arena

Chiefs Stick With Coaching Staff, Make No Changes

In a statement released by the Kansas City Chiefs on Wednesday the team explained it's plans to keep the previous coaching staff in place for the 2008 season. Speculation arose last week if the team would retool the coaching staff following the hiring of new head coach Greg Hammermill.

Carl Peterson wrote:

Quote:
"We're believe it's in the teams best interest to continue forward with the staff we have in place. We're confident in the coordinators we have and each position coach to do their duties to the level we expect. It's important for us to keep consistency with the growth of these young players and so we've made no adjustments."
With Free Agency looming the Chiefs will now focus their attention on how to retool a 4-12 team a year ago. Team management has continued to keep it's plans quiet throughout this process.

Stay tuned.

Last edited by Shaka23; 11-16-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #5
Rookie

Shaka23's Arena

Patriots Franchise Moss, Ravens Suggs

The NFL's deadline for teams to reach an agreement in franchise tagging it's players for the 2008 season has passed and 7 teams have decided to tag including a record 2 tags on Kickers.

Both the Tennessee Titans and Seattle Seahawks have used their franchise tag on Rob Bironas and Josh Brown respectfully, something never done before in NFL History. Both kickers will be considered the highest paid at their position and have a year to reach a long term deal with their cities.

As expected, the New England Patriots have tagged Randy Moss in hopes his record breaking performance in 2007 will pick up where it left while the Baltimore Ravens will make one more push with it's aging defense, evident by their tagging of outside linebacker Terrell Suggs.

The Bengals Justin Smith, the Cardinals Karlos Dansby and the Steelers Alan Faneca round out this years tagged players.

The one player left unclaimed at the negotiation table that many beleived would be tagged is Albert Haynesworth who nearly won the Defensive Player of the Year award at the defensive tackle position in 2007 for the first time in league history. Jeff Fisher and Haynesworth have had their trials in recent years and it seems the Titans have chosen sides.

Stay tuned as the 2007 Free Agency is on the horizon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

If you want to win right away, I suggest you bring Performance to Level 4 or 5 starting out. How are you going to allocate your initial 50,000 points with your HC?
Old 11-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #7
Rookie

Shaka23's Arena

NFL Free Agency Reviewed

The 2007 free agency period is over and it looks as though two teams have established themselves as the favorites to improve their roster. The Miami Dolphins have made huge upgrades following a horrendous 1-15 season a year ago by signing the years prize possession Albert Haynesworth as well as the years top defensive back in Nnamdi Asomugha. Meanwhile, the Denver Broncos came away with two of the top defenders in the game, outside linebacker Lance Briggs and free safety Eugene Wilson.

Haynesworth, who had 8 sacks a year ago in Tennessee, signed a 5 year deal worth $55 Million dollars. Lance Briggs signed a similar 5 year, $52 Million dollar contract. Both teams look to make strides towards building less than stellar seasons a year ago.

Three corners were given top dollars this off-season including Marcus Trufants 5 year, $49 Million dollar deal with the Buffallo Bills, Asante Samuels 5 year, $48 Million dollar contract with the Carolina Panthers and the Dolphins signing of Asmomugha for 5 years at a total of $48 Million dollars.

The Titans, uninterested in signing Hayenesworth at his $11 Million dollar a year range made a shocking signing when they claimed Antawn Odom for $10 Million a year over 4 years. Capable of spending top money on the defensive line, it's apparent the Titans were clearly done with the Albert Haynesworth project.

Rounding out the top 10 signings included the Saints signing of Michael Turner at $46 Million over 3 years, the Cowboys signing of restricted free agent Michael Boley($41 Million over 4 years) and Stacey Andrews taking his talents to Carolina($42 Million over 5 years).

The Kansas City Chiefs were quiet active over the 2007 off-season stating a "need to become competitive at each position." The Chiefs did just that, especially on the offensive line.

Here is a list of signings by the Kansas City Chiefs:

Code:
FS - Ken Hamlin($145M over 3 Years)
RT - Flozell Adams(1 Year deal worth $5M)
K - Jason Elam($5M over 2 Years)
LG - Ruben Brown($12M over 2 Years)
MLB - Jeremiah Trotter($6.8M over 2 Years)
C - Jeff Faine($21M over 4 Years)
QB - Trent Green(1 Year deal worth $8M)
DT - Grady Jackson(1 Year deal worth $1.2M)
LE - Kevin Carter(1 Year deal worth $4.2M)
LT - Fred Miller(1 Year deal worth $3M)
OLB - Clark Haggans(2 Year deal worth $5M)
In a statement to the Arrowhead community following the teams final signing, Head Coach Greg Hammermill addressed the teams free agency route and their post-signing excitement.

Quote:
"We're extremely excited about how our off-season has gone thus far and the talent we have been able to bring into Kansas City. It is our goal to accumulate talent on this team and we feel we are doing that."

"Going into free agency we knew our biggest priority was at the Quarterback position and on the Offensive Line. We fill we have made some great strides towards either filling those positions or providing some intriguing position battles. Trent Green is a terrific, experienced Quarterback that is invaluable to this teams success. The fans know who he is, know his capabilities and we feel he gives us the experience needed behind center as we move forward. Damon Huard and Green will have a chance to fight for that job. Whoever wins will give us the best chance to win now. That's what we're looking at. Understandably, we are always looking for young talent at the position with our future in mind."

"In that same realm, we believe experience is a must on the Offensive Line. It's no secret that the experienced, battle-tested men of this league on the offensive line give you the best chance to win games. The best lines in the league are just that. This team has lost a lot of players at those positions and we feel we couldn't have filled them any better. Flozell Adams, Ruben Brown and Fred Miller are some of the best at what they do. Neither of the three have long term plans in the game and it's given us the opportunity to sign some of the best men at their positions. We certainly feel we got the best bang for our buck this year. You add Jeff Faine, the gritty Center this offense needs, and we feel we've instantly became a contender. We have over 40 years of experience on our offensive line, who else can say that?"

"We move to the defensive side of the ball and we feel the same at some of those positions as well. Kevin Carter and Jeremiah Trotter have proven they can get the job done in the National Football League and so we've given them that platform. Grady Jackson is a massive nose tackle and will give us that pressance down low. Clark Haggans has the type of versatility we value at the outside linebacker position and we feel Ken Hamlin might be the steal of the off-season. He does so many things well it's hard to really tell just why he's not atop his peers at his position.

You add the fact that we've added arguably the most successful kicker in the modern era in Jason Elam and we feel the team we have today can make the playoffs. We look forward to what the NFL Draft may bring us and we will stay active in our attempts to sign, trade and deal for the talent that fits what our plans are here in Kansas City"

Last edited by Shaka23; 11-22-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:32 PM   #8
Rookie

Shaka23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
If you want to win right away, I suggest you bring Performance to Level 4 or 5 starting out. How are you going to allocate your initial 50,000 points with your HC?
I've raised the Team Chemistry to Level 3, Performance to Level 5 and Strategy to Level 4. In the past I have raised different things including defensive boosters, QB reads, etc, etc. I decided to take a different route all together this time around.

My plan is to raise those three, all three playbook boosters and some other overall team boosters as a Head Coach. My Coordinators will worth specifically on position boosters such as QB Reads, Tackling, etc. Position coaches will work primarily on their position developments.

I'd like to NOT know player comparisons and so my GM will be focusing on negotiations and rookie scouting. I'd like to scout and get about 2 lines worth of Plus and Minus attributes and no player comparison. That's about 60%.

My way of limiting myself and making the job a bit harder. Thanks for the advice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »