Home

Tired players...

This is a discussion on Tired players... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
MVP

grgmths1433's Arena

OVR: 7
Tired players...

When player get tired and need rest do you shuffle the lineup or do you keep the lineup the same as if he wasn't tired. Right before the game starts you can sub him and shuffle the lineup but do it stay that way or is it for just for that one game.

MLB- Milwaukee Brewers
NFL- Green Bay Packers
NBA- Milwaukee Bucks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Tired players...

Give em a rest if they are tired.
And if you make any changes just before the game starts then they will be changes for that game only and will reset to your default lineup for the next one.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yea I change my lineup around a lot. Depending on whether one guy is hitting well, another hitting poor, etc. But definitely change the lineup if guys are tired.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Old 04-19-2012, 02:23 AM   #4
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Yep! Catchers get tired easier so you have to give them more rest. Usually also try to give my bench guys spot starts to keep them sharp plus it always gives you a big bat off the bench late in the game if you need it.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets

Last edited by AUTiger1; 04-19-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

how low do you let a players energy go? I'm usually resting them before they get under 50%, but would i be fine letting them play til 25% or so?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Yes.

10 char
Old 04-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've notice some of my everyday players are tired and need an offday (down to about50% after 3-4 games) aprox. once/week. Is there anyone to fix this so it is more accurate/realistic? Do fatigue ratings only reset after offdays? I remember in a previous version (10 or 11) that on occasion all players would have full energy again when there wasn't an offday. Was wondering if there was a "formula/frequency" for the energy "reset" since im in a stretch of 16 straight days with a game and don't want to have to sit Zimmerman/Werth more than one game each.

Last edited by cgm110; 04-19-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE_Passat'n
how low do you let a players energy go? I'm usually resting them before they get under 50%, but would i be fine letting them play til 25% or so?
Depends on a lot of things. If the player is important (ie: Evan Longoria), I will probably push him to 25%. It helps that third base is a fairly easy position, and doesn't demand a lot of stamina, unlike say, center field, or catcher. I also sometimes switch Longoria to the DH spot for like 2 days in a row, that way he at least recovers a little bit of energy.

If you are using a balanced team like the Yankees or Rangers you can probably rest anyone at anytime and not feel the effects too much. No one gets rest against an important division rival, unless I've already won the series. If I have a lot of struggling hitters, I'm less likely to rest one of my hot ones.

And I will also look at the schedule and future games. If I'm playing the Twins today (as the Rays), and the Yankees tomorrow, I will just rest a bunch of players even if they don't need it, that way I don't have to rest anyone during the Yankees series. If I'm playing a right handed pitcher today, and a lefty is scheduled tomorrow, I'm not going to rest Carlos Pena, for example. He isn't very good against lefties, so I will just use him today and sit him against the lefty tomorrow, to minimize losses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »