Home

How many games do you play per season?

This is a discussion on How many games do you play per season? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How many games do you play per season?

How many games do you guys usually play in franchise mode per season? Do you play every single game? Sim the regular season and than play the playoffs? Just simulate everything? Is it true that the usual method of most people is to play 1 game and than simulate 5? Or simulate and play only important games? Just curious because I'm not sure what I should do yet. I just played opening day in my franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: How many games do you play per season?

I'm running play 1 sim 5. Never made it through a whole 162 game season. Plus, I would like to get in multiple season and do some managing. I like what someone on here once said, "Every team is going to win at least 60 and lose at least 60, so it is the 40 games in between that really count." I figured if I am out of the race in July I will just sim to the next season. If I am in the race late I might play out the last 10-15 games.

Right now I am at the start of the second season with the Cubs. I was about 20 games back in July so I just simmed out the 1st season. Moved Soroano for a prospect and called up a couple other prospects. Sitting at 12-10 right now and a game and a half back.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 05-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
Pro

IK720's Arena

OVR: 7

You should do whatever makes you happy / you have time for. I think if everybody had the choice of having all the time in the world they would probably play all the games (some still do).

Personally it varies for me. Sometimes I sim through entire seasons in franchises and work trades/FA pickups just to basically be a GM. Sometimes I'll pick a pitcher and play games that he starts (often I'll change the name of a prospect and make it RTTS with more control essentially). Other times I'll just pitch and SIM batting to save time (although it is annoying when they change the pitcher on me when I do that lol). Then sometimes I get into the game and I'll play every single game.

It really depends what works for you and what you have time for. Some people like to see that every stat was created by them, some don't mind some CPU help.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
Banned

survo202's Arena

OVR: 2

I play all the major league games in my season. It takes me some time but it's worth it
Old 05-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
Rookie

RunningTheNight's Arena

OVR: 6
I enjoy playing all of them. I haven't made it yet, but last year I made it until August.

PSN: RunningTheNight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #6
Pro

IK720's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
I like what someone on here once said, "Every team is going to win at least 60 and lose at least 60, so it is the 40 games in between that really count."
Good theory. I just simmed my first season with the astros (going to start playing season two now that i've tore apart the team and rebuilt it through trades/free agency).

In my simmed season we went 56-106 lol.. Hopefully my skill can bump that number a bit. Ironically my budget remained the same.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #7
Rookie

Chetballard's Arena

OVR: 3

I try to play every game..so far towards end of June. I sim maybe 3 games.
I have no reason to sim a game, but just do so if my best pitcher is not pitching.

I might also play a game and play only batting or pitching. I have done that maybe twice. I think if you sim a few games and only hit or pitch it mixes things up

MLB 12 the show is a great game, and playing a 162 game season can get boring at times. Its not saying anything bad about the show, just in general all games will get boring at times, just take a break. Commit to yourself you will finish a season,and however many you sim or dont thats up to you. I just want to know most of my stats were all mine.

If i am bored with the show, I will just take a day off or watch sportscenter or better any MLB game..then that gets me back in the mood real quick.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #8
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I pick one starter and play all his starts, sim the rest...

So, like 32?

I pick a rookie, therefore "his stats are my stats" and the other players stats don't get too skewed from my USER ability / lack of ability...

Best part?

Makes it possible to play 3-4 franchise seasons and truly do a rebuild...

This year, it's Milone / A's...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »