Home

What's the difference?

This is a discussion on What's the difference? within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2012, 11:06 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
What's the difference?

I know everyone here sings holy praises over the OSFM Rosters by Mr. Knight.
I hear they're fantastic. And this is not meant as a dig at Mr Knight's efforts over the years.
But I am using the SCEA Spring Training Rosters from Sony. I.E. The default rosters that come with the game.
My question is.. Beyond the fact that Knight's Minor League Rosters have players with their actual names completed all the way through AA and AAA, Yeah, He has Bryce Harper..
What else does OSFM bring to the table?
If you're looking at ratings and potentials, arent these just a matter of subjective opinion? And as we approach August, can we now go back and look at OSFM's projected performances and determine definitively whether the OSFM rosters were any more accurate than the SCEA?
And so far as Potential is concerned, what guarantee is there that OSFM's Player A will necessarily perform at the projected level any more than SCEA?
My point being... If I have my SCEA pitcher John Doe with XYZ ratings, and OFSM has the same pitcher John Doe with ABC ratings, is there some proof that the real life John Doe will perform closer to ABC than XYZ?
Or is it all just a matter of window dressing being able to have Bryce Harper?
I'm not digging at Mr Knight. I almost consider him a God.
I'm just asking in real terms what the difference is between SCEA and OSFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 01:30 AM   #2
MVP

yanksdaniel99's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: What's the difference?

I don't think you understand the purpose of the OSFM set .... at all.

If you don't care about minor leaguers, then just roll with SCEA roster update.

I'm not sure what your talking about any further then that, the OSFM set is just the default roster set with all real minor leaguers. There are further sets with pitch edits, equipment edits etc. but the opening day OSFM is just the default roster with real minor leaguers ...That's it.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
Rookie

Real life players are looking at Knight's ratings at each training camp to see how they should perform during that year. That way we make sure real life players perf are in line with the game. :-)
Old 07-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie12
Real life players are looking at Knight's ratings at each training camp to see how they should perform during that year. That way we make sure real life players perf are in line with the game. :-)
Lolll understand now why MLB the show's so real !
Old 07-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
Pro

So the only difference is the Minor League additions... The ratings are the same?
Copy and Pasted?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadia147
So the only difference is the Minor League additions... The ratings are the same?
Copy and Pasted?
As far as OSFM v1 goes, yes. However, there is a reason why the initial set is called v1 and not final, its because the meat and potatoes (as far as MLB edits are concerned) are added in v2, v3, and v4. There are a couple of roster sets floating around here that include MLB rerates (one that includes MiLB rerates), pitch edits, cosmetic edits, or combinations of the three.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »