Home

Reasonable expectations for first patch of Madden 13

This is a discussion on Reasonable expectations for first patch of Madden 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Reasonable expectations for first patch of Madden 13

Madden 13's first patch will be released tomorrow as reported by GameZone. Here is my resonable list on what we should expect from the patch. I only covered offline in the list. Red highlighted suggestions for first patch were added on later after original post from your guy's suggestions.

Gameplay
More adaptive Ai- Stop running the football when it's obviously not working
Better running game for the CPU- Too eazy to penetrate holes, and the ai runningbacks seem to either run into offensive lineman or not run forward(running side to side but not foward)
Fix the cpu's horrible time mangement
Glitches where the return man on the cpu would call for a fair catch, but ends up returning the punt anyways.
Less sacks on ai- The ai quarterback seems to take too long on making decisions
Less of the ai fake punting on the All Madden difficulty settings
The in game ticker should never disappear in play calling screen
Being able to view and save highlights after game- Option available during game but not after
Ai quarterbacks on any difficulty throws lob passes when not appropriate

Connected Careers
CPU not having the required amount of players at one position-Too many teams with no backup quarterbacks
Better player progression-The maximum overall increased I've seen in the game was a three. Players with talented years should be rewarded by with higher progression(Basically a problem only for CPU Control Teams)
Stop punishing offensive lineman!- Too much decrease of offensive lineman's ratings when on weekly player progression
Projecting draft picks- Players who are projected to go into first round should not always drop into 7th round
Player editing- maybe a little unreasonable, but Josh Looman said he was looking into it
Statistic Problems- Too many teams scoring 40+(Look at defensive teams stats at the end of your Connected Careers season, and look at how many points the teams gave up. They're hilarious).
Game frequently freezes after viewing individual player's stats
Better Ai preseason logic
Offline scheme changes currently do not save
Too many halfbacks running for 1,000 yrds. I commonly I have 30 in a season(15 in actual 2011 NFL season)
Jersey numbers are not random(Too many quarterbacks coming in carrying the number 5 jersey number)

Feel free to post your expectations of the first patch.

Last edited by thewinner622; 09-10-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Reasonable expectations for first patch of Madden 13

This would be amazing!!!! Especially player editing. But definitely better CPU AI and run game. CC is just not competitive enough if they don't fix that.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 09-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
Rookie

Zobeto's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't if it's possible but the one thing I would like to see in the patch is curbing the overall stats for QB's in CCM. It's insane that almost EVERY starting QB throws for 30+ touchdowns in simulation.

Ever week, I get the story that so-and-so through for 500 yards and 5 TD's. While that's not necessarily out of the realm of possibilities, it IS when it happens almost every week.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
Rookie

Does anybody know if theres a way to add in season sim to CC?
Old 09-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #5
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

"Stop running the ball when its obviously not working"

Um how early would you like to have the CPU stop running? until mid way through the 4th usually (sooner if bigger blowout) team try to run as much as they can because it keeps the defense honest... rather than them "stop when it's obviously not working" I'd rather better play calls in situations. Ive seen too many screen passes on 3 and longs and too many deep passes on 3rd and shorts, it needs to be reversed.

Other than that I agree, I think those are all expectable things other than the player editor... Maybe positional and equip but not ratings... Also i'd like to see some little things in the menus. Like in FA, I want to be able to click and see the player's attributes and stats... Why should I just look at overall? They have a deep scouting system for the draft but not for FA, seems odd. Also when in the awards section I want to be able to click the player and see their season stats... RGIII won the ROTY in my CCM but Doug Martin led the league in Rushing and Rushing TD, was on the best team record wise and was big part of that. RGIII was on a 6-10 team and I didn't go back and look at the stats cause they weren;t immediately available. They have it in NCAA they can figure it out here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #6
MVP

prey2god's Arena

player editing is very reasonable imo. But add broadcast cam and tackle stats too.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
"Stop running the ball when its obviously not working"

Um how early would you like to have the CPU stop running? until mid way through the 4th usually (sooner if bigger blowout) team try to run as much as they can because it keeps the defense honest... rather than them "stop when it's obviously not working" I'd rather better play calls in situations. Ive seen too many screen passes on 3 and longs and too many deep passes on 3rd and shorts, it needs to be reversed.

Other than that I agree, I think those are all expectable things other than the player editor... Maybe positional and equip but not ratings... Also i'd like to see some little things in the menus. Like in FA, I want to be able to click and see the player's attributes and stats... Why should I just look at overall? They have a deep scouting system for the draft but not for FA, seems odd. Also when in the awards section I want to be able to click the player and see their season stats... RGIII won the ROTY in my CCM but Doug Martin led the league in Rushing and Rushing TD, was on the best team record wise and was big part of that. RGIII was on a 6-10 team and I didn't go back and look at the stats cause they weren;t immediately available. They have it in NCAA they can figure it out here.
I didn't explained the running problem well enough. You're diffidently right that the cpu should not completely abandon the run when it's not working. It's more of the cpu's playcalling that's the problem.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #8
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

You missed the most important thing. CPU teams in CCM scoring 50 points a game and 800 total yards. I'd rather have this fixed than player edit. It's getting ****ing annoying as **** ****ing ******s ****.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »