Home

Old 09-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
Rookie

carefreedvp's Arena

OVR: 2
gameplay

So, I've tackled a few games online and off and the online game seems to play a bit better. Offline, I play on All-star with my sliders set to a more realistic game where not every pass is received easily and every pass is not tape to tape.

My issues with offline are similar to last years, especially in the offensive zone, as it seems the CPU defenders are never out of position, you can't turn to pass or get a puck on your forehand without a defender knocking it away. Your CPU teammates still seem to stand around, but my big gripe is that basically every passing lane is taken and you have almost no time to move the puck. Lastly, changing directions and always being in position is never an issue for the CPU, where it seems you get punished for the slightest mistake.

I played a few unranked games today against people that played a sim type of hockey game and it was enjoyable, but the offline be a gm mode game play seems to be the most frustrating.
Rutgers

Carefree wherever you may be
We are the famous CFC
We don't give a f#$@ whoever you may be
We are the famous CFC

XBL Tag: CFCDVP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 10:05 PM   #2
Rookie

Mack674's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by carefreedvp
So, I've tackled a few games online and off and the online game seems to play a bit better. Offline, I play on All-star with my sliders set to a more realistic game where not every pass is received easily and every pass is not tape to tape.

My issues with offline are similar to last years, especially in the offensive zone, as it seems the CPU defenders are never out of position, you can't turn to pass or get a puck on your forehand without a defender knocking it away. Your CPU teammates still seem to stand around, but my big gripe is that basically every passing lane is taken and you have almost no time to move the puck. Lastly, changing directions and always being in position is never an issue for the CPU, where it seems you get punished for the slightest mistake.

I played a few unranked games today against people that played a sim type of hockey game and it was enjoyable, but the offline be a gm mode game play seems to be the most frustrating.
I was hemmed into my own zone for probobly 3 straight minutes, unable to get the puck from anyone or knock anyone off and in the middle of it guys would just casually skate away for a line change while Montreal plays catch with the puck in my zone until they felt like scoring.

Frustrating was one word that might have come out of my mouth in between obscenities.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #3
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

This is EA's admitted way of making a poor Cpu AI look that much better, by making your pylons. That way you have to work much harder.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:18 AM   #4
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

OVR: 2

Woopsie, I posted in the wrong forum.

Last edited by Roscosuper; 09-13-2012 at 12:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »