Home

Accidentally retired from my career

This is a discussion on Accidentally retired from my career within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Accidentally retired from my career

I was half asleep and thought I was quitting the mode to get back to main menu. I ran over and turned Xbox off immediately, but I guess I wasn't fast enough. Is there anyway to recover my career or at least start a new one with my upgraded player?

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Accidentally retired from my career

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmaster
I was half asleep and thought I was quitting the mode to get back to main menu. I ran over and turned Xbox off immediately, but I guess I wasn't fast enough. Is there anyway to recover my career or at least start a new one with my upgraded player?

No ...... You're screwed
Old 10-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Kafe
No ...... You're screwed
Damn. That sucks. So basically if you elect to purchase vc then upgrade your player; you have to do it again if you inadvertently retire? Wow 2k. I see you have taken a page from EA....

Old 10-06-2012, 11:54 PM   #4
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

Yeah, they have. It really sucks. I'm running out of companies that I like to buy games from. Actually, I think Rockstar is the only one left. Wow, that's really sad. This industry went downhill so fast it's almost unbelievable.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmaster

What do you mean? How is you shutting off your xbox same as you retiring your players career?

When you shut off your machine without properly exiting the mode, isn't that same as just getting disconnected from 2K server? Your player file should still be there... The auto save pretty much works every time you access new menu so I can't imagine you having to repeat the progress that much. What do you mean you retired your player? Because there is actual option to do that... If you pressed that button and confirmed it, you can't blame anyone else... So I just don't get what you are complaining about? Please explain again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
What do you mean? How is you shutting off your xbox same as you retiring your players career?

When you shut off your machine without properly exiting the mode, isn't that same as just getting disconnected from 2K server? Your player file should still be there... The auto save pretty much works every time you access new menu so I can't imagine you having to repeat the progress that much. What do you mean you retired your player? Because there is actual option to do that... If you pressed that button and confirmed it, you can't blame anyone else... So I just don't get what you are complaining about? Please explain again
he accidentlly press retirement and his my player is all gone. And there is no way to get his VC back now. My career is an offline mode he should be able to have multiple save instead of having only one save and make a mistake and everything is lost.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:13 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser

Like I said, I was half asleep and just hit the right stick and scrolled down to the last option which is the "quit" option; or at least that is what I thought. Instead I was on the menu blade that includes the retire option. Once you hit it there is no warning or additional confirmation that I recall. It sent me straight to the retirement press conference. While it was in the process of loading the press conference I turned off my Xbox hoping I could beat the auto save.

I just think it is a bit odd that increased player attributes are linked to my career and not also my player. Unless there is somewhere else to upgrade skills for my player. While I admit it was my screw up the consequences are rather harsh especially when people spend real money to upgrade their player.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:29 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

The irony of your user name.

Either way sorry for your loss. Might be worth tweeting Ronnie about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »