Home

Cpu play calling logic still terrible post patch

This is a discussion on Cpu play calling logic still terrible post patch within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5
Cpu play calling logic still terrible post patch

But now it's only in the redzone. Every game I've played since the patch the cpu hasn't thrown once inside the 20, even on 3rd & 15. The only td's I've given up were on big plays. Anyone else seeing this issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
Rookie

Matthew25x's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cpu play calling logic still terrible post patch

I was playing in the NFC Championship game, winning 31-28.. The other team drove all the way down the field and on 3rd and 15 from the 30, with 4 seconds left, they ran a HB draw from the shotgun.... ???? Obviously I won a trip to the super bowl after that giftwrapped victory.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19

have to disagree. AI is improved.
It also depends on the team and the defense you are playing.
Denver just pretty much shut me down. Manning was lights out inside the 20. so much so that I started adjusting my defense towards the pass more, and then he started doing all his audibles, dropping back into shotgun formations, and handing the ball off to MCgahee.
IT was nice to see all of this,

since the patch Ive lost 2 in a row.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #4
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

I have had the same issue of CPU team getting into red zone and running the ball all 3 downs....My last game I played, about 10 minutes ago as a matter of fact, CPU team on 17 yard line, 3rd and 9, run to right side; tackled for a loss of 2.....

There seems to be no programming for situations involving down and distance in relation to time and score: In the above case the CPU was down by 7; 3-10 in the 4th...I am not sure the exact time, but I was playing 5 min. quarters...There should be, with 5 min quarters much more passing because of the time in general.....But definitely while trailing in the 4th, if not also the 3rd....

It would help so much if EA/Tiburon fixed this junk logic or explained why it is what it is...They could probably do them selves a PR favor by explaining their logic...Oh well, when their exclusive rights expires they will be buried - would not surprise me if a company like 2K already has something lined up to drop with an NFL license once EA loses their exclusive....
Old 10-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

Of all the things they patched, this should have been #1 on the list. Instead it wasnt even on the list.

I dont really know what to say. I am at the verge of getting rid of the game. I enjoy it, but at this point I feel like I paid for a faulty product. I waited for the patch, but the patch still doesnt fix all BASIC FOOTBALL problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #6
Rookie

i guess i had the exact opposite. they were running out clock to win the game, when the got into the redzone they only threw passes... weird.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #7
Just started!

It also depends on the team and the defense you are playing.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:35 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 4

I wrote a thread about this issue before the patch, and I got bashed for it. People were so convinced that the play now ai was better, but failed to actually test it whether it was better.Like I said in the post is that the ai playcalling is terrible, and the cpu quarterback play is horrible. The only thing the patch accomplished was giving us a mediocre ai running game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »