Home

Which do you think is more important for achieving realism-- sliders or rosters?

This is a discussion on Which do you think is more important for achieving realism-- sliders or rosters? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Which do you think is more important for achieving realism-- sliders or rosters?

Can a great roster work with nearly any slider set? Can a great slider set work with nearly any roster? Both? Neither?

What say, OS?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #2

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Which do you think is more important for achieving realism-- sliders or rosters?

Im gonna say the roster base is more important. Sliders are global and work on every player when really you wanna get each individual player playing to their true likeness.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Which do you think is more important for achieving realism-- sliders or rosters?

I agree, as a roster maker for the xbox 360 it is essential that you have accurate rosters when putting a set together, whether all the players come on the game disc or you have to create some, you need to account for every player that has a guaranteed contract for the upcoming season and just in case have or create the players with non guaranteed contracts, or training camp standouts and nba d-leaguers who are on the verge of making the jump. I think this year we had over 221 players in our free agent pool and I was able to find about 90% of all the players waived during training camp who are either now in the d-league or are still without a team. We have the most ACCURATE opening night rosters that anyone will find for xbox.

Former Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
Eaglerock562 NBA2K MyEra Reference Guide
Old 11-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #4
Rookie

frago's Arena

OVR: 6

Players ratings change and players progress and regress.

Sliders do not.

Roster is only real until you use it once.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:46 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 2

My problem with custom rosters is it seems like they change the sig shots for all the players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude
My problem with custom rosters is it seems like they change the sig shots for all the players.
...and so they should. 2K's sig shots out of the box are truly awful.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #7
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

I actually feel like player tendencies might have the biggest impact.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 11-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

yeah, i think so, I actually feel like player tendencies might have the biggest impact.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »