Home

wr overalls

This is a discussion on wr overalls within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
wr overalls

Has anyone else noticed that if you have a wr under 65 ovr the computer will not cover him no matter how many times he has caught the ball during the year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #2
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: wr overalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by blocknose
Has anyone else noticed that if you have a wr under 65 ovr the computer will not cover him no matter how many times he has caught the ball during the year

Why in the world would I allow a 65 slug WR on my roster anyway? So of course, I wouldn't know.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've never seen this to be the case and I've played some very lowly rated WRs as well as some completely out of position (i.e. offensive tackles) players at WR. The only explanation I can think of as to why you might see this happening is if you are playing a low rated WR as the 4th or 5th receiver and he's being covered by a LB.

Many low rated WRs are actually very effective if used correctly and just lack balance resulting in a low OVR rating. For if you have a guy with great speed, acceleration, release and/or spec catch but piss poor everything else he can still be a very effective deep threat even though his OVR is in the 60s.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
Why in the world would I allow a 65 slug WR on my roster anyway? So of course, I wouldn't know.
If he's 6'7 with 99 speed and acc and 80 catch but he has 5 awareness.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:21 AM   #5
Esports Manager @ Twitch

CloudFuel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow218
If he's 6'7 with 99 speed and acc and 80 catch but he has 5 awareness.
LOL! Exactly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
I find this mentality of putting so much stock in OVR hilarious. OVR means nothing.

I just won ROTY with a 66OVR WR in my online CCM. In fact, he was in the running for MVP. He had piss poor AWR, but great speed and elusiveness, and I was able to develop his catching skills to be solid over the course of the season. He was constantly able to get behind coverage and make big plays, despite being a "slug".
Old 12-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoctor
I find this mentality of putting so much stock in OVR hilarious. OVR means nothing.

I just won ROTY with a 66OVR WR in my online CCM. In fact, he was in the running for MVP. He had piss poor AWR, but great speed and elusiveness, and I was able to develop his catching skills to be solid over the course of the season. He was constantly able to get behind coverage and make big plays, despite being a "slug".
Exactly. In my Online CCM I broke every single game and single season receiving record with a sub-70 WR. Great speed and acceleration + high spec catch = lots of big plays.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

exactly overall is a pointless rating that is used for beginners to make easy roster moves. I would say 50% of the overall is coming from the awareness rating. For wr this awareness will only effect if he choses the correct route for option routes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »