Home

Cavicchi's observations thread

This is a discussion on Cavicchi's observations thread within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 1
Cavicchi's observations thread

Instead of starting new threads on things I find about the game, I decided to compile what I find into this thread.

I'll start this off with the rating for Kick Return. Looking at LeRon James and his attributes, one would think he would make a very good KR player. However, his Kick Return rating is pathetic, something like 35. I asked myself, why should that be, and went looking at other KR guys. The first one I came across was on the opposing team, a CB.

Now, LeRon James is over 90 for speed, acceleration, agility, trucking, carry, stamina, but just 86 for catch.

Okay, so I compared him to opposing team's KR guy rated 80 for KRT.

CB Chris McAlister has 54 speed. 62 acceleration, 57 agility, 40 catch and 10 for trucking.

Compare the two players and if you know the answer, please let me know. How is CB McAlister rated higher, 45 points higher than LeRon James for Kick return?

Now, I believe the answer is AI/CPU (I'll just use CPU in future) does not want me to use James as a kick return guy because in theory, he should kill it on kick returns. But, is he killing it? No, he is no better than JJ Myers on my team. Why? Because the CPU decides how players will play, and how players will advance, all regardless of what you do--based on my experience with this game.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.JPG (69.6 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg 005.JPG (75.3 KB, 78 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Cavicchi's observations thread

Post number 2 in this thread deals with CB Chris McAlister and his ratings as CB.

I'm looking at the depth chart to see who is going to cover Jamelle Lucas. I see Chris McAlister with 54 speed and 62 acceleration as the Ravens number 1 CB, so it would appear McAlister is covering Lucas, though it doesn't make much difference because my number 2 and 3 WRs are over 95 for speed and at least 5 inches taller than McAlister.

What do ratings mean? What do Attributes mean? Well, as far as I'm concerned, not what you might think. The CPU will do whatever with whoever and that is the bottom line as far as I'm concerned. How does a 5'10" CB with 54 speed cover Jamelle Lucas? Easy! No problem. He held Jamelle to 2 catches in the game--amazing! Now, it must be said that McAlister has 99 for Man Coverage. Okay, so how does a player with 54 speed get 99 for man coverage? Simple, when you know where the play is going, you are there and speed does not matter. In my experiences, for the most part, speed rating does not matter.

Chris McAlister made the Pro Bowl. What about my guy with 98 rating for man coverage, and he has 97 speed? Aw shucks, he gets fooled by CPU WRS with Release ratings below 60--but what does release rating mean? In my experiences, not very much at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 007.JPG (78.3 KB, 78 views)
Old 12-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
MVP

A Pass Block rating of 98 looks great, right? Well, let's examine that 98 for Pass Blocking. The RT has PBS maximum potential of 86 (eighty-six) and PBF at 89 (eighty-nine) max. Okay, so how does he get a 98 (ninety-eight) for Pass Blocking? I haven't the faintest idea.

LeRon James had both overall and potential drop. Karron Cousins had his potential drop from 94 to 91. Richard Seymour had his overall drop from 92 to 84 after I signed him in the off season. How do these things happen?

Karron Cousins drops passes--bingo! he loses overall and potential. Why does Cousins drop passes? Well, why everything happens in the game, it is decided by the AI/CPU, as well as every play that occurs.

LeRon James fumbled on average every 15 attempts--bingo! his overall and potential drop. Why does a player with a Carry rating of 95 fumble so much? The same reason why Cousins drops passes.

What about Richard Seymour? I signed him in the off season at 92 overall and potential, after I signed him, still in off season, his overall and potential dropped to 84. I don't have an explanation for that one, but it was observed.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
Banned

ross6655's Arena

OVR: 5

Hey man, you're wrong.. like, about everything.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #5
Rookie

revan615's Arena

OVR: 2

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Couldn't have said that any better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2012, 08:52 AM   #6
Rookie

Some of that stuff u said is true and I deal with the same issues, here's how I fixed it...... I used sliders! The games not always fair we know that. If you want a somewhat fair game use sliders if not than what's with all the complaints?
Old 12-22-2012, 11:30 AM   #7
Rookie

revan615's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1387sportscraver
Some of that stuff u said is true and I deal with the same issues, here's how I fixed it...... I used sliders! The games not always fair we know that. If you want a somewhat fair game use sliders if not than what's with all the complaints?
Which set are you using? I've always been on default, and never really was bothered with anything, but I don't get the really sick plays that I'd like to see. Its pretty vanilla. I was thinking of trying a set.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross6655
Hey man, you're wrong.. like, about everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revan615
Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Couldn't have said that any better
If you guys feel so strongly about my posts being wrong, why haven't you quoted and replied to them???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »