Home

Madden 25 vs HC 09?

This is a discussion on Madden 25 vs HC 09? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17
Madden 25 vs HC 09?

I still play hc (have a skins dynasty going) but I also play ncaa and madden. It looks like madden 25 will have a lot of things from hc. Does anyone else see the same thing from what has been released so far?

I have to admit that if I can get the madden gameplay in coach mode in the connected career and most of the depth from hc..my days playing hc may be numbered. But it would be like deserting an old friend...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden 25 vs HC 09?

They still.didn't implement the affect of coaching and didn't include coordinators into Madden 25.They put in an owner mode but didn't seem to include things that made HC09 a great game.Many find this baffling.If they pretty much copied the HC09 blueprint being year 2 of this connected career/franchise thing,everybody would be happy.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

From what I understand, you're still not able to edit players in that franchise mode. It seems tied to those achievements/ player goals that Josh put in, so you're unlikely to be able to edit unless that is removed.

I think Josh has made some progress in putting HC features into Madden-just not enough for me to make the switchover.

As for the future, well it remains to be seen what sort of future deal EA makes with the NFL and how it impacts future Madden games.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:52 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 10

If they implemented more from HC then I would consider buying Madden again but they probably won't.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:08 PM   #5
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

I will be getting madden the day it drops so I will let you know what I think. I have always had a hard time with the game play in hc and ended up overpowering my coaches to the point that every game turned into a blowout.

I guess if we could get a balance between the bonehead plays of the first few seasons and the depth of the draft that would be a perfect football game...but that would probably only appeal to a small group of gamers.

For the most part it seems like everything is a streamlined shortened version. The changes made in ncaa recruiting are a prime example. Most people complained that it took too long to do, but to me, that was part of the fun. What used to take 20-30 minutes nows takes 5. I enjoy it, but the challenge of planning what to do, the indepth analysis is really taken away. Now, it is purely a math thing. It doesn't matter how much research you do, if you don't get enough bonus points you will never get the player...

Sorry to go off on a tangent....but I think I want my "perfect game" just like all of us do...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »