Home

Blocked Field Goals?

This is a discussion on Blocked Field Goals? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2013, 12:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Blocked Field Goals?

This part of the game really needs to be fixed. Blocked FGs are one of the most exciting plays in football, yet they are just impossible on the game. Why would it be so difficult to have a man bust through the middle get a paw up there, and block the kick. Has anyone else ever had success?
Miami Heat
Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 12:14 AM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Blocked Field Goals?

probably because they cant find a way to make it possible, but not abuseable (nano blitzes etc) which would completely ruin online play. its probably the same reason its nearly impossible to block punts.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:01 AM   #3
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
probably because they cant find a way to make it possible, but not abuseable (nano blitzes etc) which would completely ruin online play. its probably the same reason its nearly impossible to block punts.
yea remember the days of the PS2? You could get the guy right on the edge and he would be in position to make a block 50% of time. If there was a way to combat that, because we all know how many good and honest people WOULDN'T abuse that, it would be splendid.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:58 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Offline or online, if forced to choose between the two extremes, I prefer impossible over too frequent. It would be nice if a solution could be found though to make them happen a little more frequently.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #5
Rookie

75-85% of the time I can block field goals online and offline. Punts I can block depending on what punt formation my online opponent chooses. I can only block a punt against computer of they are punting from their own endzone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 10:25 AM   #6
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rick_14
Offline or online, if forced to choose between the two extremes, I prefer impossible over too frequent. It would be nice if a solution could be found though to make them happen a little more frequently.
I agree. From a developer standpoint, I don't know how you can create something where the user can succeed once per 40 attempts (or whatever the appropriate success rate is?). The only way I can think of would be remove the skill equation all together, and have the AI 100% determine when kicks are blocked....but lots of folks wouldn't be happy taking the user out of it.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:53 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I agree. From a developer standpoint, I don't know how you can create something where the user can succeed once per 40 attempts (or whatever the appropriate success rate is?). The only way I can think of would be remove the skill equation all together, and have the AI 100% determine when kicks are blocked....but lots of folks wouldn't be happy taking the user out of it.
i know how... IMPLEMENT BAD SNAPS. There are plenty of times in football on ALL LEVELS where a snap is bad...too high or too low...and it causes that extra half second required to get a good block.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
Rookie

PittPens1787's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSmooth
i know how... IMPLEMENT BAD SNAPS. There are plenty of times in football on ALL LEVELS where a snap is bad...too high or too low...and it causes that extra half second required to get a good block.
Actually not a bad idea if it can be done correctly, though that's essentially allowing the AI to determine when kicks are blocked - unless skill of the C/LS is taken into account.

Let's Go Bucs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »