Home

Professional vs World Class

This is a discussion on Professional vs World Class within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2013, 01:08 AM   #1
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9
Professional vs World Class

I have been jumping between the two difficulties and I can't stick to one. Basically, World Class is awesome when you really want a challenge and are playing another top club. I play as Barcelona so it works great against high tier clubs but against low tier clubs its a bit ridiculous. You'll see clubs like Rayo Vallecano tacklin and hustling as if they were Chelsea. On World Class, every club plays agressively and tactically sound, which is kind of annoying to see your top rated players being outrun and outhustled.

On the other hand, Professional can be a bit too easy if you are moderately skilled at the game. Playing on Professional against top clubs isn't very challenging and I end up winning handily. I really wish there was something in between both or atleast not have the AI having ridiculous speed burts and perfect tackles every time on WC. My best bet is to change the difficulty depending on who I face but then I have to also adjust sliders every time which is kind of annoying (using Orion's).

Any thoughts? Similar or different experiences? Please share.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Professional vs World Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by demencia_total
I have been jumping between the two difficulties and I can't stick to one. Basically, World Class is awesome when you really want a challenge and are playing another top club. I play as Barcelona so it works great against high tier clubs but against low tier clubs its a bit ridiculous. You'll see clubs like Rayo Vallecano tacklin and hustling as if they were Chelsea. On World Class, every club plays agressively and tactically sound, which is kind of annoying to see your top rated players being outrun and outhustled.

On the other hand, Professional can be a bit too easy if you are moderately skilled at the game. Playing on Professional against top clubs isn't very challenging and I end up winning handily. I really wish there was something in between both or atleast not have the AI having ridiculous speed burts and perfect tackles every time on WC. My best bet is to change the difficulty depending on who I face but then I have to also adjust sliders every time which is kind of annoying (using Orion's).

I agree with everything you said. I am to the point of frustration with this game. Close to giving up and not playing until the next gen comes out. To me Professional is too easy. But the jump to World Class is like night and day. I played 5 games this morning. Aresnal Vs Chelsa. All 5 games started the same way. Either a cross for a header or their striker took a lob through ball over my defenders for a breakaway. There was no passing. It was a relentless attack.

The thing that pushed me over the edge today was the SLOWNESS of my players. Ozil defended a ball with a tackle. The ball rolled away from the AI, the AI opponent fell, he got up and still made it to the ball before I could get to it. Like I said in many posts I dont mind a challenge, I dont mind losing, but this is outta hand. Its like their speed is 100 and my entire team is at 50.

They say they slowed down the pace but for who just my team?
Old 10-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

My path to FIFA 14 happiness thus far:

-Started with Orions' sliders: felt good, played good, to compact.

-Tried making my own: felt good, played good, just couldn't get it right.

-Tried Goniera's (sp)sliders last night: HOLY CRAP.....ding ding, we have as close to a winner as possible.

His sliders spread things out to but not too much. His line lengths are good because the midfielders are close enough to the front line that they can pass easily, and the midfielders can get back to stop a counter without running a 1/2 marathon.

I mainly use slider sets for the Line settings. Getting the field to be spaced properly in my opinion makes all the difference in the world.

I know, haven't really answered your question. I'm getting to it.

I use the slider sets for the Lines, but, but, but.......I don't always implement the shot error, first touch control, pass error, etc. for the user the way the slider sets call for.

Orion must be a FIFA God playing on Legendary with all manual controls. I tried one game of that and want throw my dual shock through my TV and drown a kitten; quit the game then promised myself I'd never do it again.

I moved back to World Class with the below settings. It's a challenge, not easy, and animals are safe as well as my dual shock. I will only list the items that aren't the same as Goneria's slider set:

Shot: 52
Pass: 50
Power Bar: 52
First Touch: 39

The only other things I might change to make it better for me (personally) is the run frequency.

I have just about the same stat results with 8min halves on World Class, as the people do posting their stats with 15min halves on Legendary.

Is my play different? Maybe, or the Legendary sliders with minor tweaks can be used with 8 min halves on World Class.

I lose some and win some, but I'm not frustrated doing it. Tweak things to suit your happiness/play style.

Sorry for the long post that may or may not have answered your question in any way shape or form

Oh, and in game do you change your settings while you play? Custom Tactics?
Old 10-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA
My path to FIFA 14 happiness thus far:

-Started with Orions' sliders: felt good, played good, to compact.

-Tried making my own: felt good, played good, just couldn't get it right.

-Tried Goniera's (sp)sliders last night: HOLY CRAP.....ding ding, we have as close to a winner as possible.

His sliders spread things out to but not too much. His line lengths are good because the midfielders are close enough to the front line that they can pass easily, and the midfielders can get back to stop a counter without running a 1/2 marathon.

I mainly use slider sets for the Line settings. Getting the field to be spaced properly in my opinion makes all the difference in the world.

I know, haven't really answered your question. I'm getting to it.

I use the slider sets for the Lines, but, but, but.......I don't always implement the shot error, first touch control, pass error, etc. for the user the way the slider sets call for.

Orion must be a FIFA God playing on Legendary with all manual controls. I tried one game of that and want throw my dual shock through my TV and drown a kitten; quit the game then promised myself I'd never do it again.

I moved back to World Class with the below settings. It's a challenge, not easy, and animals are safe as well as my dual shock. I will only list the items that aren't the same as Goneria's slider set:

Shot: 52
Pass: 50
Power Bar: 52
First Touch: 39

The only other things I might change to make it better for me (personally) is the run frequency.

I have just about the same stat results with 8min halves on World Class, as the people do posting their stats with 15min halves on Legendary.

Is my play different? Maybe, or the Legendary sliders with minor tweaks can be used with 8 min halves on World Class.

I lose some and win some, but I'm not frustrated doing it. Tweak things to suit your happiness/play style.

Sorry for the long post that may or may not have answered your question in any way shape or form

Oh, and in game do you change your settings while you play? Custom Tactics?
Great post, thanks. I'll give it a look to see if it makes WC more tolerable. I have learned to manage the manual controls fine but nowhere as near as the AI does. You'll see lower clubs ping pong the ball with perfect back heels and avoid any sort of defense. Since FIFA's defensive scheme is based on containment it can be a real chore to stop this, even if the AI is controlling low rated players. I just saw one of my defenders get outhustled by a lesser rated player in strength, speed and the usual defensive ratings while I was two steps ahead on the loose ball. Needless to say, it was near my box so you know how that goes.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #5
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Great post, thanks. I'll give it a look to see if it makes WC more tolerable. I have learned to manage the manual controls fine but nowhere as near as the AI does. You'll see lower clubs ping pong the ball with perfect back heels and avoid any sort of defense. Since FIFA's defensive scheme is based on containment it can be a real chore to stop this, even if the AI is controlling low rated players. I just saw one of my defenders get outhustled by a lesser rated player in strength, speed and the usual defensive ratings while I was two steps ahead on the loose ball. Needless to say, it was near my box so you know how that goes.
If the AI even on the lower rung teams ball control/passing is still amazing, try lowering the AI's first touch controls.

That's one of those areas where it's difficult to find a good balance. Ideally you find a setting that allows the players with high control ratings/dribble ratings/pass ratings to thrive like real life, but the guy who is a middle of the road passer, dribbler,etc. can't look like somebody he's not.

A good way to test this stuff in a game is to run one with a great team and a crap team. Then switch half way or every few minutes to see how it feels playing with both rating levels.

Depending on how it feels with both make minor 1 point changes to the shooting, passing, and first touch.

After you've done a 5 star team and a 1-2 start team, try a game with a 3star and a 5 start. basically keep working your way up until it feels right on all levels playing with a mix of teams.

When the good teams play good, and the bad teams play bad, but have a few bright spots with their top players, you've got yourself a more enjoyable game.

Sad it takes work, but sports games off the shelf are for the masses. Tweaking needs to be done for people that post here, LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2013, 02:31 AM   #6
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA
If the AI even on the lower rung teams ball control/passing is still amazing, try lowering the AI's first touch controls.

That's one of those areas where it's difficult to find a good balance. Ideally you find a setting that allows the players with high control ratings/dribble ratings/pass ratings to thrive like real life, but the guy who is a middle of the road passer, dribbler,etc. can't look like somebody he's not.

A good way to test this stuff in a game is to run one with a great team and a crap team. Then switch half way or every few minutes to see how it feels playing with both rating levels.

Depending on how it feels with both make minor 1 point changes to the shooting, passing, and first touch.

After you've done a 5 star team and a 1-2 start team, try a game with a 3star and a 5 start. basically keep working your way up until it feels right on all levels playing with a mix of teams.

When the good teams play good, and the bad teams play bad, but have a few bright spots with their top players, you've got yourself a more enjoyable game.

Sad it takes work, but sports games off the shelf are for the masses. Tweaking needs to be done for people that post here, LOL.
Took everything you said into consideration and made changes to user error as well as increasing the CPU's error margins. Now I feel its a lot more balanced considering I'm not perfect at all on Manual. Once again, thanks for the feedback. I guess we'll still be tunning till the end of time but for now I got something to work with.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I was working on a Professional level slider set because I felt, apart from the tackles stat, the game played pretty good - and showed the most margin between top teams vs poor teams. The key is to have the right pressure, and that should be caused by poor touches and hard passes that are tough to control as a result of the pressure. Professional does this right, but the line settings are a bit tricky to figure out to find a happy medium.

Granted, I'm playing PC - so I could always just wait for a gameplay patch from AP21 (AndreaPirlo21 on Soccergaming.tv) instead of going through sliders.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #8
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I was working on a Professional level slider set because I felt, apart from the tackles stat, the game played pretty good - and showed the most margin between top teams vs poor teams. The key is to have the right pressure, and that should be caused by poor touches and hard passes that are tough to control as a result of the pressure. Professional does this right, but the line settings are a bit tricky to figure out to find a happy medium.

Granted, I'm playing PC - so I could always just wait for a gameplay patch from AP21 (AndreaPirlo21 on Soccergaming.tv) instead of going through sliders.
Hopefully someone gets it right on Professional. While I think the level of agressiveness and pace is almost perfect on it, I can blast the AI 4-0 with scary regularity. Maybe if I played as a lower tier club but as it is there's no challenge. Can you share which sliders have you changed currently?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »