Home

How Do You Make Your NBA 2K14 Associtaions More Fun

This is a discussion on How Do You Make Your NBA 2K14 Associtaions More Fun within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2014, 03:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How Do You Make Your NBA 2K14 Associtaions More Fun

Just curious, what are things that you do in Association mode (which is my favorite mode) to make it more fun for you?

Personally for me, I only play home games, and play with a Western team who has a 50% chance of making the postseason that way, I cannot just build a team that I play well with

I play 29 game seasons, otherwise I would get bored:P

I have tried making an association thread, but never have the time or patience to do writeups for it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2014, 04:22 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: How Do You Make Your NBA 2K14 Associtaions More Fun

30 team control, making sure each team is playing up to its potential and is good as they can possibly be. Changing rotations, playbooks, coach profiles, total control sim settings or whatever, trades, etc. Just trying to keep each team competitive and it works out great while I play as my Pacers...
Old 01-24-2014, 01:28 AM   #3
Pro

mpac's Arena

OVR: 1

put some personal season goals and review scouting for the next draft. Build around one superstar and build some rivalries
Old 01-24-2014, 02:54 PM   #4
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

I guess I really dont need anything special to make Association fun, because its basketball so its fun in itself.

Some of the things I do to keep it as realistic as possible is control all teams but I only play with my Pacers. I dont micro manage other teams but I do keep it as realistic as possible. I wil also adjust lineups from time to time for teams minute wise and try to make sure most players try to stay somewhat happy. I know a lot play with roles and chemistry off, but I find that fun as well as realistic cause IRL not everyone on every team is happy all the time, there is more than 1 Jr. Smith piece of trash in the league that has attitude problems

I use to tend to overplay games then I found out when I do that their flaws tend to bother me more, so I try to mix it up and not just play the game till it starts annoyin gme or I get burnt out. I only play NBA2k,MLBTS, and occasionally football and being a farmer I do play a lot of farming simulator, so by mixing it up I never get tired or upset to the point I am ready to shelve the game anymore.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 01-24-2014, 03:29 PM   #5
Rookie

-adding classic teams along with the good current teams. & turning it into a fantasy draft or just making it into a reg. assoc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2014, 08:06 PM   #6
Rookie

I just do a fantasy draft and have the CPU pick players for me. I find it fun coming into a random situation and trying to find a way to win.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:08 PM   #7
Just started!

Hi.

Sorry for bumping this thread with something slightly unrelated but I couldn't find another thread that was more suitable and, as a newbie, I can't create a new thread yet so here it is.

I want to begin a new Association as an incarnation of my beloved Seattle Supersonics but I am not sure of the best way to go about it. Creating a team doesn't give me a huge amount of court/jersey/logo options but I figure it may be the best option.

Is it possible to use the 95-96 Sonics but with a current roster? If that's the case then I guess I could use the official jersey/court/logo but the shorts will look a little skimpy!

Just after any advice from anybody who has attempted something similar.

Thank you.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:19 AM   #8
Rookie

agent000's Arena

Im also curious as well on how to gain a better sense of fun on this mode. I was thinking about doing custom draft classes and not using real life based ones as they all are gamebreaking. Any suggestions?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »