Home

I need a great Connected Career Idea

This is a discussion on I need a great Connected Career Idea within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2014, 12:20 PM   #1
Rookie

Signaltheescape's Arena

OVR: 0
I need a great Connected Career Idea

Good Morning All,

Here's the deal. Connected Careers has been great but I am bored of constantly doing the same thing. I need a great idea to start my next owner career that will keep me interested longer than 3 seasons. p.s. I used Jarrod21 Black Slider set. Its pretty solid. The SB is not turning me away I just want it to continue being fresh and not stale.

Past Ideas
-Moved JAC to HOU became the Oilers (Won SB in 1st season
-Moved STL to POR became the Snowhawks (Cam Newton came in year 2 won the SB and got dull)

Maybe Ideas
Size Team. Get the biggest guys at each position and build a size team
No-Size team. opposite of above.
Moved 4 teams to Europe?
Speed Team.
White Team?

Help me out community. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2014, 02:00 PM   #2
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: I need a great Connected Career Idea

First, try using Charters "default AP" sliders for a challenge.

Also you could:

-Move JAC to Chicago. It's fun cuz Indy is near Chicago and is in same div. Plus it's fun to have two Chicago teams in separate conferences like NY has with the Jets and Giants.

-Move JAC or STL to London

-Move the Raiders or STL to LA. The "Aftershocks" is a cool name or you could become the LA Raiders again.

I personally just moved JAC to Chicago and became the "Cougars" cuz they have these cool blue uni's. I'm in year 3 and secured a playoff wild card. Hope I do well!

I think the whole Mexico or England stuff is unrealistic and a little far fetched. I only view these cities as somewhat realistic:
-Brooklyn
-Chicago
-LA
-Houston

But that's just me...
Old 02-19-2014, 02:27 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

You might try taking the reputation of the Green Bay Packers to the extreme and forbid yourself from signing any free agents during the offseason. You're allowed to re-sign your own and trade for draft picks, and you're allowed to fill your roster with whoever is left once Preseason Week 1 rolls around if need be, but no throwing money at the high-priced commodities in the offseason which aren't home-grown.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:24 AM   #4
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

The "over 30" team. Fantasy draft all players over 30 years of age.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 02-20-2014, 11:12 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
You might try taking the reputation of the Green Bay Packers to the extreme and forbid yourself from signing any free agents during the offseason. You're allowed to re-sign your own and trade for draft picks, and you're allowed to fill your roster with whoever is left once Preseason Week 1 rolls around if need be, but no throwing money at the high-priced commodities in the offseason which aren't home-grown.
This seems like a winner..sounds interesting and somewhat challenging. Building through the draft.i may have to try this out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2014, 02:21 AM   #6
Rookie

DLloydTV's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
The "over 30" team. Fantasy draft all players over 30 years of age.
Not a bad idea
Old 02-25-2014, 05:22 AM   #7
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm doing an expansion team using the Rams as base.

Basically cut everyone from the Rams in the preseason year one, relocated to Orlando (Rams only NFC team I didn't really mind moving even though conference games little odd), and just filled team with some rookies and scrubs year 1 so I'll secure #1 pick.

Not going to participate in FA first offseason outside of some developmental guys I used during the first year, since you can only sign 1 year deals following draft. Going to enter draft with pretty much empty roster and build mostly through draft from there.

Used to do this with older maddens where you could import cupcake created teams, would build in draft, sim seasons, and only play playoffs since it took a few years to develop a solid roster.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:54 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
First, try using Charters "default AP" sliders for a challenge.

Also you could:

-Move JAC to Chicago. It's fun cuz Indy is near Chicago and is in same div. Plus it's fun to have two Chicago teams in separate conferences like NY has with the Jets and Giants.

-Move JAC or STL to London

-Move the Raiders or STL to LA. The "Aftershocks" is a cool name or you could become the LA Raiders again.

I personally just moved JAC to Chicago and became the "Cougars" cuz they have these cool blue uni's. I'm in year 3 and secured a playoff wild card. Hope I do well!

I think the whole Mexico or England stuff is unrealistic and a little far fetched. I only view these cities as somewhat realistic:
-Brooklyn
-Chicago
-LA
-Houston

But that's just me...
I think we'll see teams in England sooner than we will a 3rd NY team, or 2nd Chi/Hou team personally. Roger wants to move a team to Europe

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »