Home

A Guide to Steal & Baserunning

This is a discussion on A Guide to Steal & Baserunning within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2014, 07:01 PM   #1
Rookie

Hockey13Playa's Arena

OVR: 0
A Guide to Steal & Baserunning

Hey everyone,

I know there are a few threads on here but I for the life of me cannot guy my base runners to steal. And also when I have a guy on first and second and I tag up after a fly out the guy from first always goes too resulting in 2 outs. Its soooo frustrating.

I used to always just tap L2 like crazy to steal on command when I wanted to send the runner... it never works anymore. As far as controlling a single runner in the outfield I am ALWAYS having trouble with that.

I always create my own player and like him to be speedy and have great stealing abilities but I cannot ever steal.

Anyone care to help me out with these issues? Its so aggravating. Never used to have any trouble in MLB The Show 12 and earlier. (Skipped 13)

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2014, 06:03 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: A Guide to Steal & Baserunning

Press and hold L2 until the pitcher lifts his leg to start the stretch. Release L2 to time when to begin steal.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:12 PM   #3
MVP

forme95's Arena

YOu can also just tap L2 (queued steal) and the runner will go on motion. If you have multiple base runners on, its d-pad and a button to get them to advance and also to steal. Im at work, so I dont remember which buttons, but you can go to Controls in settings and it tells you what buttons do what. Example: guy on first would be right dpad button + Triangle to go to second. If you notice in the upper right (the diamond layout) if you have someone on first (they are shown with a icon) and a guy on second will have a different icon (Triangle, square, X, Circle)
Old 05-14-2014, 07:38 AM   #4
Rookie

Hockey13Playa's Arena

Thanks guys I'm going to try this later this afternoon.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:52 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Has anybody noticed that when you try to do a hit and run everytime the runners slide and you either get doubled up on a pop fly or you cant ever advance 1st to third. Also 1st and 2nd bases loaded guys are going ball goes throug and both guys slid at the base and didnt get the runs in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2014, 04:42 PM   #6
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshoop3
Has anybody noticed that when you try to do a hit and run everytime the runners slide and you either get doubled up on a pop fly or you cant ever advance 1st to third. Also 1st and 2nd bases loaded guys are going ball goes throug and both guys slid at the base and didnt get the runs in.
I noticed that as well the runner on first always slides into 2nd base, its really frustrating any time I go for a hit and run and the ball gets in the gap and the runner always slides into 2nd resulting in him having to stay at 2nd because he takes his sweet time to get up. ( hopefully this changes next year) actually the assistant sliding feature just plain sucks in general I can't stand it when your batter slides into first all the time on closes plays when he would be the 3rd out with runners on. SCEA please remove the assistant sliding or give us the option to turn it off or tone it down.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:26 PM   #7
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Ok, so I have guys on first and third. How do I steal with the guy on 1st and not make the guy on 3rd steal as well?

I don't see any icons next to the runners, so the information up above isn't helping me any.

Once I figure this out I should be good to go for awhile on these controls.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:38 PM   #8
Rookie

vinny_pizza's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Ok, so I have guys on first and third. How do I steal with the guy on 1st and not make the guy on 3rd steal as well?

I don't see any icons next to the runners, so the information up above isn't helping me any.

Once I figure this out I should be good to go for awhile on these controls.
To make the runner on first steal with what I believe is classic baserunning, hold down O and press L2 then release both, now only the runner on first will steal. Also, to just make the guy on first lead, hold O and press L1 to just make him extend his lead.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »