Home

MLB 14 The Show: How to Improve the Presentation

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: How to Improve the Presentation within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2014, 01:17 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 14 The Show: How to Improve the Presentation

MLB: The Show
gets high praise around here, and usually for good reason. Despite being the only true console baseball title available, the developers haven’t become complacent. Every year, we see some nice innovations and revisions that demonstrate that the title isn’t taking its sole status for granted.

However, if there’s one area (outside online gameplay) that gets a bulk of the criticism, it’s The Show’s presentation. I try to emphasize in my review each year that The Show’s presentation (including commentary, camera angles, replays, etc.) isn’t bad, per se. Developments like authentic broadcast angles and real-time camera shots have revolutionized how virtual baseball looks. And in terms of replays and on-screen stats, no one does it better.

Read More - MLB 14 The Show: How to Improve the Presentation
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
Banned

Joman66's Arena

OVR: 0
I'd live to see smoother transitions from in-game play to replays and back. Games like FIFA 14 for example, it seems so fluid that after you score a goal, the goal is replayed slowed down and it seems smooth to transition from current gameplay to past replay.

ALSO... I miss the old pitch-analysis from MLB 07 the show. They used to have it where it shows the pitch (by dotting the ball from the pitcher's hand to where the batter makes contact) but they have phased that replay mechanic out and need to bring it back.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:45 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
The idea of your game being interrupted to showcase a key situation in another game sounds pretty neat.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #4
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Excellent ...excellent points.

I would like to add on....going of your later point of a "look in" at other games.
While this year is better in terms of relaying info to the current series and later in the season....some things going on in the league....I feel that THIS is the area where the Show really needs to ramp things up.

I'm not sure if it's possible to load up two games simultaneously in order to have the announcers break to an important game (other than yours) in the league for a VISUAL look in....but they could certainly figure a way to grab info about the game(it's on the ticker!) and have the announcers talk about it.
Whether it be an important milestone....a great performance(cycle...no hitter...etc) .....a standings related/playoff run.....a trade....injuries....etc.
I know guys scream for more stat overlays....but I watch a lot of games and maybe it's just SNY...but I don't get a ton of those stat overlays in those games. A few more would be nice...but I think more info on league wide happenings would be more beneficial. Showing the standings more(entire league)....showing the hot/cold players for the team you are playing.....showing the recent call ups and disabled players(MLB) for the team you are playing and the upcoming team on the schedule......minor league players stats...and for that matter talking about your minor league team and the "big names" from the minors around the league.
Trade talk....there should be something around the trade deadline about possible players that might be moved(your teams AND league wide)....they could pull this right from the trade block.
Outside of games....a weekly wrap up show(visual)...might be out of the realm...but how about a "radio talk show" that plays (pulling info from everywhere there is league info)
A history/almanac section
Year to year stats...
A top prospect page
A team prospect page(top 5 from each team)

There is more......

M.K.
Knight165
Old 07-30-2014, 02:23 PM   #5
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 14 The Show: How to Improve the Presentation

I'd like too see something similar to what NBA 2K does. Between innings show upcoming matchups. (2K Does this between quarters)

Would also like some sort of weekly magazine covers. See old NCAA Football games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 02:48 PM   #6
Banned

GREATER LEAGUE AWARENESS, thank you been saying it for years, it has been an issue with the show forever, it feels like I am playing in a bubble, seperate from everyone else....This needs attention, more articles, integration with the rest of the league. LEague news.etc.....
Old 07-30-2014, 02:49 PM   #7
Banned

Also trade rumours, some other big news from the league like when a star on another team gets injured, traded, someone is retiring.......a lot missing in the show when it comes to this.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:54 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11
NCAA 14 has the quick cut ins for other games around the league without visual highlights, but it brings so much to YOUR FRANCHISE WORLD, as it tells you how many games a team has won or lost while stating the score of that game, even if it gets somewhat repetitive, it still brings value to your world.

Something as simple as that for Show 15 would be the best and quickest way to spruce up presentation IMHO

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »