Home

Dynasty Selection Help:

This is a discussion on Dynasty Selection Help: within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2014, 02:17 AM   #1
Pro

njdevils14's Arena

OVR: 0
Dynasty Selection Help:

Hey guys looking to start a two dynasties based off of different reasons:

1: A School not known for football that is well regarded in another sport(Or just not well known in football
EX. Syracuse, UCONN, UNC

2: A school that is struggling to regain it's status of being a powerhouse
EX. Texas, Florida, Miami

Would appreciate suggestions on these teams as well as if there are any other ideas out there.
Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 03:40 AM   #2
Rookie

Cards_King70's Arena

Re: Dynasty Selection Help:

1. How's about turn military academy powerhouse ? because they haven't won a nc since 1946.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dynasty-2.html

Take look at #11 for heights/weights restriction for each schools.

2. Wanna to revive glory days i.e. SMU 1980's

3. Transform mid-major team into elite program i.e. Boise State

4. Make mid-major conference strongest of all conferences. I can image this will be hardest challenge unless you play 12 teams.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:26 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils14

1: A School not known for football that is well regarded in another sport(Or just not well known in football
EX. Syracuse, UCONN, UNC

Would appreciate suggestions on these teams as well as if there are any other ideas out there.
Thanks in advance
1. Kansas! Huge B-Ball school with awful football. The 10 team round robin of the Big 12 is a challenge too since you play every school in the conference (I so wish the order of the schedule would change periodically though). I rebuilt Colorado and won 5 NC in 9 year before moving on and trying to do the same with Kansas. It's been much tougher, only 1 NC in 7 years and 9-4 my last two seasons.

Other suggestions: Indiana, Illinois, Duke, Wake Forest

2. Colorado, Iowa, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, BYU
Old 10-22-2014, 10:53 AM   #4
Rookie

Tha_Mac's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

EX. Syracuse, UCONN, UNC

Thanks in advance
1. Rice Owls are known for their baseball prowess that's a choice

2. I've recently taken on the challenge of Penn State
Old 10-22-2014, 11:01 AM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

EX. Syracuse, UCONN, UNC

Thanks in advance
1. Judging by you team selection I'm guessing you're not looking for an extreme challenge, but if you are you could use UMass. They're no UConn on the courts, but they are most definitely a basketball school. In my new coach mode dynasty I'm in my 2nd year as their HC and we went 4-8 in year 1 and we're currently 1-5 in year 2.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 12:10 PM   #6
Rookie

1. Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse (lots of ACC schools are known for basketball), Kansas,

2. Florida, Michigan, Texas, Miami (FL), Arkansas, USC, Penn State, Boise State, Cal

LSU could count for #2 also and be fun since you have a very nice freshman class of Harris, Fournette and Dupree to build around
Old 10-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
1. Judging by you team selection I'm guessing you're not looking for an extreme challenge, but if you are you could use UMass. They're no UConn on the courts, but they are most definitely a basketball school. In my new coach mode dynasty I'm in my 2nd year as their HC and we went 4-8 in year 1 and we're currently 1-5 in year 2.
UMass is definitely a good choice and you can move them to American once you start playing better.

I had a lot of fun with UMass. I set a house rule that only 1-2 recruits could come from outside of New England, NY and NJ. After about 4 years, I had pipelines in Mass., Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, New York and New Jersey. It looked cool on the pipeline map. Never Rhode Island, though...
Old 10-22-2014, 03:07 PM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
UMass is definitely a good choice and you can move them to American once you start playing better.

I had a lot of fun with UMass. I set a house rule that only 1-2 recruits could come from outside of New England, NY and NJ. After about 4 years, I had pipelines in Mass., Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, New York and New Jersey. It looked cool on the pipeline map. Never Rhode Island, though...
I'm using the same strict recruiting restrictions that I've always used and I'm getting slammed in recruiting. I'm signing pretty much everyone that I go after, but that's only because they're so horrible that no one else bothers to recruit them. Here are a couple of the highlights of my restrictions:
  • Can only recruit kids that are higher prestige than my school's prestige if they're from my home state (I had 1 season with freaking ZERO kids from MA) or have me in their top 10 in the preseason.
  • I can only sign 2 kids per year that are 2+ *s higher prestige than my school. IE. as a 1* school, I can only sign 2 3*s (no 4*s are interested) AND they must start the preseason with UMass in their top 10, which isn't many kids at all.
  • I'm on very slow coach progression (I'm level 5 midway through 2015) and I have house rules that restrict how what coach skills I can buy (IE. only 2/3 for opener, closer, and royal treatment)
  • Can't scout after week 1 and can't add anyone to my board after week 1 unless I'm in their top 10.
These rules, combined with my 4-8 initial season which left us as a 1*, my classes are beyond bad (worse than I though possible actually).

I've attached screen grabs of a typical class with my previous dynasty @ Michigan and one of my 1st 2 classes @ UMass. I'm still in shock at how horrible my incoming classes are.....
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture1.PNG (38.5 KB, 54 views)
File Type: png Capture2.PNG (64.3 KB, 54 views)
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 10-22-2014 at 03:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »