Home

NBA 2k15 Player Regression in MYLeague Testing

This is a discussion on NBA 2k15 Player Regression in MYLeague Testing within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2014, 02:22 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
NBA 2k15 Player Regression in MYLeague Testing

Now the the Patch notes have been released and Player Regression wasnt addressed yet, it has been asked we give details on what is wrong.

As has been Stated before Any Player Age 28 OR Older will Regress at a RAPID Level No MATTER the Potential. So i decided to try a New Approach.

I Took Carmelo Anthony and Tested him with No tweaks at AGE 30 in MyLeague. Results were Regression EVEN with High Potential. Then I exited out and started a NEW My League with Carmelo at Age 24. NO Regression and had Progression at SAME Potential Attribute. For the Last test I made EVERY Player on the Knicks Age 24, and NONE Regressed, as they had done earlier IF they were above Age 28.

So in Conclusion it is something Hardcoded in the game that cause players to Regress at Age 28 no matter what Potential Rating.

2k Did a Great Job with their Patch today, Hopefully this can be addressed in a Patch VERY Soon.

NEW Testing Finds

In my Global Roster, you CANT Reset Ages for Toni Kukoc(28) +1, Drazen Petrovic(30) , Sarunas Marciulionis(28) +2 In Season 2 NONE have Regressed and I am listing their ages in at end of year 2 in () , they have actually Improved. I ALSO made 1 Euro Guys age 29 and he increased by +2, so I am thinking the EuroPlayers and Players on the Classic teams, may be Immune to the issue.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

Last edited by vtcrb; 12-08-2014 at 08:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2014, 02:36 PM   #2
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k15 Player Regression in MYLeague Testing

It hurts me to,but in the meanwhile do the mlb14 method.

Keep your eve on player's, and ad value back.
sucks but we have no choice for now until next patch.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:36 PM   #3
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Now the the Patch notes have been released and Player Regression wasnt addressed yet, it has been asked we give details on what is wrong.

As has been Stated before Any Player Age 28 OR Older will Regress at a RAPID Level No MATTER the Potential. So i decided to try a New Approach.

I Took Carmelo Anthony and Tested him with No tweaks at AGE 30 in MyLeague. Results were Regression EVEN with High Potential. Then I exited out and started a NEW My League with Carmelo at Age 24. NO Regression and had Progression at SAME Potential Attribute. For the Last test I made EVERY Player on the Knicks Age 24, and NONE Regressed, as they had done earlier IF they were above Age 28.

So in Conclusion it is something Hardcoded in the game that cause players to Regress at Age 28 no matter what Potential Rating.

2k Did a Great Job with their Patch today, Hopefully this can be addressed in a Patch VERY Soon.
Wow vtcrb, thank you so much for this. This thread should be directly messaged to LD2K, Leftos, whoever.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:38 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax52277

Yes that is one Option. Another Option is do Decrease Ages. I am still thinking of how i will proceed with MYLeague.

Old 12-08-2014, 02:44 PM   #5
Banned

madmax52277's Arena

Quote:
Yes that is one Option. Another Option is do Decrease Ages. I am still thinking of how i will proceed with MYLeague.
The age thing is fine, just add value that you feel that fit the player's age skills.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2014, 02:45 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:

That's what I have been doing but the post above makes me think it may just be easier to change players age before the regression screen and then change them back afterwards. If it works it will be far less time consuming. Going to give it a shot when I have a chance.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:46 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
The age thing is fine, just add value that you feel that fit the player's age skills.
Yes that is True. My point with the Age thing was, IF you think Melo(or Any Player) is going to have 4 MORE Prime Years, then Decrease their age by that Many Years. Then when you feel they should be Declining Just change the Age BACK to their TRUE age. It is ALOT easier than having to go in Each Year and Redo things.

Old 12-08-2014, 02:52 PM   #8
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

Quote:
Yes that is True. My point with the Age thing was, IF you think Melo(or Any Player) is going to have 4 MORE Prime Years, then Decrease their age by that Many Years. Then when you feel they should be Declining Just change the Age BACK to their TRUE age. It is ALOT easier than having to go in Each Year and Redo things.
I don't know why I haven't thought of this before. After the next roster update I'll probably go ahead and make/publish a roster like this. Far from perfect but better than the current situation and the least tedious way to go about things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »