Home

Updated NCAA14 Best gameplay for realistic type players

This is a discussion on Updated NCAA14 Best gameplay for realistic type players within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2014, 02:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Updated NCAA14 Best gameplay for realistic type players

I think after awhile of sifting through OS and looking at many different sliders. I think I've found a slider set with some penalties and coaching style adjustments the game plays very very well.anyway with changing the coaches aggressive/conservative style to 50/50 and changing the CPU no huddle style to conservative the is a huge must IMO but that ones up to you. As for the sliders here you go

EDIT: Updated as of 2/3/15. Updates are in the parenthesis

Also using Buffeyes roster with all coaches aggression/conservative styles set to 50 and sub frequency at 85 with either conservative or aggressive (NOT NORMAL) CPU No-Huddle style also when you go to play make sure the team your playing has the same offensive playbook as the playbook listed in coach info

Offensive skill: Varsity
Defensive skill: Varsity
User vs User skill: Varsity
Quarter length: 7-10 minutes ( your preference
Injuries: on
Fatigue: on
Play clock: on
Game speed: normal (changed from slow due to RB glitch)
Player min threshold: 35 (28)
HFA: off

Penalties

Offsides: 55 (99)
False Start: 50 (53)
Holding: 40 (70)
Facemask: 50 (5)
OPI: 60 (89)
DPI: 1 (88)
KR/PR Interference: 35 (50)
Clipping: 50 (leave at 50)
Intentional Grounding: 82 (see notes for explanation)
Roughing the Passer: 50 (52)
Roughing the Kicker: 29 (30)

Sliders: User/CPU

QB Acc: 5/50 (0/45)
Pass Block: 5/75 (0/85)
Catching: 0/40 (0/40)
RB Ability: 20/50 (10/50)
Run Block: 0/90 (0/100)
Coverage: 10/90 (10/100)
Ints: 15/50 (10/55)
Rush D: 5/100 (0/100)
Tackling: 5/55 (0/60)
FG Power: 15/45 (20/45)
FG Acc: 0/35 (0/40)
Punt Power: 0/45 (0/65)
Punt Acc: 0/45 (0/90)
Kickoff Power: 0/100 (0/55)

Update notes:
Ok so with the IG penalty slider I have the base for my slider set at 85 (I know JoshC had previously explained in his thread about the IG slider and it being set at 90 when you want to test your own sliders so this is basically my 90 lol if that makes any sense) anyways set the IG slider at 85 and when your playing if it feels like the CPU QB is taking off to much or rocketing the ball everywhere raise it 5 but no more than that. If it feels like the CPU QB isn't throwing the ball enough lower it 1 point at a time but do not go any lower than 80. So pretty much in a nutshell the base is 85 and you have about 5 points both ways up and down to work with but going past those set limits will throw the other sliders off. The reason for this is all for user preference. Because thats pretty much what it comes down to with this slider set. Because I feel I got everything else pretty down pat (except for HUM rushing still tweaking it a little but still pretty damn good and satisfies me) and the only thing I feel needs to be adjusted from time to time is the IG slider but still at 85 the game plays very well I think. I just played a great game where I was Bosie state against Washington and it was a great grind it out type game which I expected with Both teams defense favored. Which is another thing I tried to emulate with this slider set is teams playing how they are rated with few upsets here and there is given in college football and it creates your own storyline which I thinks fun. But please as always I love to hear the feedback positive or negative any feedback helps but have fun and hope your team gets the recruit you want this Wednesday!!!!!!!

Last edited by Flocka412burr; 02-03-2015 at 03:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2015, 11:43 AM   #2
Rookie

TarHeelbred33's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Updated NCAA14 Best gameplay for realistic type players

Aside from a couple values, pretty similar to what I was working on

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...u-sliders.html
Old 01-03-2015, 06:41 PM   #3
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flocka412burr

Sliders: (User/CPU)
QB Acc: 5/50
Pass Block: 5/75
Catching: 0/40
RB Ability: 20/50
Run Block: 0/90
Coverage: 10/90
Ints: 15/50
Rush D: 5/100
Tackling: 5/55
FG Power: 15/45
FG Acc: 0/35
Punt Power: 0/45
Punt Acc: 0/45
Kickoff Power: 0/100

Please let me know what you guys think I'm some great games and great animations and just in time before the new year!

Do you mean put the User's values that low? That sounds hard, but if its realistic...
Old 01-04-2015, 05:10 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelbred33
Aside from a couple values, pretty similar to what I was working on

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...u-sliders.html

Lol pretty much the base set I started with and adjusted a little but haven't touched this set in awhile found it a little easy to run the ball but I might start it up again.

Also the people that i didn't mention which I have to thank a tremendous amount because I really wouldn't have been able I understand sliders without them are Tarheel JoshC. Matt10 charter04 and jp10 huge shoutout to you guys not only for the help but for the work to keep this game going
Old 01-04-2015, 05:15 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediChamp
Do you mean put the User's values that low? That sounds hard, but if its realistic...

Not so much hard it's just you gotta try to play mistake free football but you can make a few but it's about when they're made. But like I said the CPU run defense is a little on the simple side so I'm gonna look into revising these. Might have them up before tonight if not probably tomorrow.

Please I'd love to hear your feedback on them positive or negative it all helps

Also for anyone who's interested I'm using buffeyes rosters for this set with coaching adjustments
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2015, 08:41 PM   #6
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flocka412burr
Not so much hard it's just you gotta try to play mistake free football but you can make a few but it's about when they're made. But like I said the CPU run defense is a little on the simple side so I'm gonna look into revising these. Might have them up before tonight if not probably tomorrow.

Please I'd love to hear your feedback on them positive or negative it all helps

Also for anyone who's interested I'm using buffeyes rosters for this set with coaching adjustments

I'll try it out and let you know my thoughts as soon as I can.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:01 PM   #7
Rookie

TNBassMan10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediChamp
Hard?! I haven't tried these yet but c'mon fellas... Varsity? Really? I'm gonna try when I get home but I'm imaging winning 50-7 every game.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:43 AM   #8
Rookie

Smile Re: Updated NCAA14 Best gameplay for realistic type players

Updated!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »