Home

NL Designated Hitter - Future Franchise Change

This is a discussion on NL Designated Hitter - Future Franchise Change within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2015, 09:58 AM   #1
Rookie

crash2772's Arena

OVR: 0
Question NL Designated Hitter - Future Franchise Change

Off and on other the years there's been a lot of talk about the National League adding the DH. Based on recent news it seems like there might be a new push at the end of the current CBA in 2016.

I know in Franchise mode you can set the DH settings for the leagues in advance. However, with the option to carry over saved franchises to the next years game, have the developers given any thought to the ability to toggle these settings after you've started a franchise? I haven't seen anything in the reports, but I'm sure I could have missed something.

Its not a game breaker, but it would be great if we could turn the DH on for the National League in future games if we are carrying over a save from the previous game where there was no DH.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2015, 10:04 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: NL Designated Hitter - Future Franchise Change

I for one would love to see the RL MLB NL add the DH. Pitchers hitting adds a new dimension of managing, but kills the excitement of the game for the fans. A DH that can actually hit, and make things happen is much better.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:23 AM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I would turn my NL fandom away if they included a DH in real life... but the game's option inclusion being set in place beforehand would be completely acceptable by my standards, no question.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-12-2015, 10:30 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

I wish they make these changes that you are talking about. Being able to change those settings after a franchise has started.

And the MLB should do it as well. Right now the game is lacking offense, you can't deny this. This is one way for the league to start to increase its viewership. Right now the MLB is a pitcher's game. Most fans want to see runs being scored and offense. Look at the NFL, after the Seahawks won the SB using a defensive minded team, they went and told referees to start calling more pass interference penalties and other calls that benefit the WR over a CB.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:06 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 24

I'm not a fan of pitchers batting, but a DH is an even worse system imo.

I'd much rather just see neither (only 8 batters), or some other solution altogether.

Anyway, I actually thought you could still turn on and off the DH even after starting a franchise. I swear I've seen it in the general mode settings somewhere.

I'm sure SCEA thinks about this stuff though. If an NL DH comes to pass, it will probably be made the default option for carryover saves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2015, 09:19 PM   #6
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

IRL IMO the DH is an abomination unto man.
Surely this is a sign of the impending apocalypse.
In video games, a DH is easier to live with. I'm sure something could be patched in if this took was voted in right before a games release, whether it be Show 16, or 17.
Back to IRL the DH is the one thing that truly differentiates the NL from the AL.
Might as well just have one league with two conferences & even more interleague play if pitchers are done with hitting, I mean batting. And bunting.
#44Syracuse
Old 03-12-2015, 09:47 PM   #7
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

I would absolutely hate it if the NL added the DH. I love how much more managing it takes in the NL. Do I pinch hit and try to drive these runs in even though the pitcher is on fire. That's managing. Not the **** the AL does.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #8
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
I would absolutely hate it if the NL added the DH. I love how much more managing it takes in the NL. Do I pinch hit and try to drive these runs in even though the pitcher is on fire. That's managing. Not the **** the AL does.
That what i always liked. The strategy behind it. Do i leave in my relief pitcher who is just mowing guys down, and go to my already tired/not as good other relief pitcher, just to try and get the run from 2nd in with a pinch hitter, or do i just try for it, and leave him in to keep the deficit where it is?

I always enjoyed the little chess match. Granted, I'm a Brewers fan, so maybe not watching the AL has biased my choice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »