Home

Madden in a positive light.

This is a discussion on Madden in a positive light. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 12:55 PM   #1
Rookie

steeldee7's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden in a positive light.

Alot of people are not into the EA Madden brand anymore and some are. I am longtime Madden player. Some years I've been upset with the product released And sometimes I was really happy. That being said is Madden Sim football really that terrible and unplayable. We who love the NFL complain about refs and players and coaching and rules for the real product, How can we expect perfection from a virtual replication? Just my rosey outlook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2015, 01:07 PM   #2
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Re: Madden in a positive light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeldee7
We who love the NFL complain about refs and players and coaching and rules for the real product, How can we expect perfection from a virtual replication?
I don't see what you are getting at. Three out of those four things you mentioned involve the human element, something that has nothing to do with a video game.

If you're saying we should be unhappy with the video game, because things like the Tuck Rule happened, then I am still lost.

Not getting custom draft classes or the ability to play CPU vs CPU in CFM has nothing to do with the Fail Mary.

However, if EA implemented terrible calls, bad coaching decisions, and players getting suspended, then yes, I would see where you are coming from.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:23 PM   #3
Rookie

steeldee7's Arena

I don't see what you are getting at. Three out of those four things you mentioned involve the human element, something that has nothing to do with a video game.

What I'm Saying is that Madden football is made by Humans so the human element is in there because humans are creating a product based off of human play. Football is by and large the hardest game to replicate because of the different components that go into a play every down. each play should play out differently. to allow for that variance you are going to have glitches. Sometimes things happen that you cant explain. Now to complain about lack of gameplay features is something I totally agree with and understand.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:27 PM   #4
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Ok, so what does the fact that every single QB makes 80% of his passed while getting sacked 12 a game have to do with it?
Old 08-01-2015, 01:29 PM   #5
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:

What I'm Saying is that Madden football is made by Humans so the human element is in there because humans are creating a product based off of human play. Football is by and large the hardest game to replicate because of the different components that go into a play every down. each play should play out differently. to allow for that variance you are going to have glitches. Sometimes things happen that you cant explain. Now to complain about lack of gameplay features is something I totally agree with and understand.
So you're saying the human element is poor code and legacy issues, that lead to poor gameplay?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2015, 02:10 PM   #6
Rookie

steeldee7's Arena

So you're saying the human element is poor code and legacy issues, that lead to poor game play?

Yes and sometimes we expect things without understanding what it would take to implicate or rectify poor game play. I for one have been upset with EA a lot,
But I understand their development cycle is Short. All in all the games aren't terrible, lacking in some areas but not god awful. At least to me they aren't.
Old 08-01-2015, 02:15 PM   #7
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
So you're saying the human element is poor code and legacy issues, that lead to poor game play?

Yes and sometimes we expect things without understanding what it would take to implicate or rectify poor game play. I for one have been upset with EA a lot,
But I understand their development cycle is Short. All in all the games aren't terrible, lacking in some areas but not god awful. At least to me they aren't.
Meanwhile, EA has unquestionably improved things before, which to me indicates that expecting and asking for more realism is utterly reasonable. As I said, they have ALREADY improved on the realism of the game. Why can't they improve it more?
Old 08-01-2015, 03:02 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Meanwhile, EA has unquestionably improved things before, which to me indicates that expecting and asking for more realism is utterly reasonable. As I said, they have ALREADY improved on the realism of the game. Why can't they improve it more?
I think the thing to consider is...We should not assume that because the game isn't "perfect" that the reasons for it are malice or ineptitude on EA's part.

It's just wonky to think that EA is making a game designed to alienate potential customers...that can't be the case. The reason's why certain modes or features aren't in the game might not always be clear but I wish EA corporate blaming would disappear from the theories.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »