Home

What was the best single season you've ever had in a Madden franchise?

This is a discussion on What was the best single season you've ever had in a Madden franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2015, 02:25 PM   #1
Rookie

Jim Jones's Arena

OVR: 5
What was the best single season you've ever had in a Madden franchise?

Mine was in Madden 14 - using some OS members All-Madden slider set, it was year three of my Redskins franchise. I had gone 9-7 the first year, followed by 11-5 and a pair of wild-card playoff exits.

It all came together in my third season, thanks to RG3 really hitting his potential and a mid-round rookie WR named Shady Monroe who came in around 6-8, 230-ish with high 90s speed. He started his HOF career with, if I recall correctly, around 1,600 yards and 24 TD catches as a rookie.

We ended up going 19-0 with several close calls along the way. I had acquired Reggie Bush at RB that off-season and he went out for the season in the SECOND GAME, so RG3 carried the load won MVP honors. We scored 24 unanswered points in the fourth quarter to beat the 49ers in the NFC Championship game, then won a low-scoring 16-10 Superbowl against the Broncos.

Definitely my favorite franchise ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 03:20 PM   #2
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What was the best single season you've ever had in a Madden franchise?

Cool discussion you bring up here. Mine is from Madden 07, I went for 5 seasons and won 3 super bowls with JP Losman lol. Willis McGahee was league MVP pretty much every season. I never went big in FA and never got much from the draft, but I had the leagues best "Triplets" with JP Losman, Lee Evans, and Willis McGahee. My brother deleted it on accident, I was furious lol.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:17 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

A few years ago I had a great franchise with the Ravens.

Year 1 -- Had a great year but lost in the AFCCG. Went 12-4 regular season
Year 2 -- Was having even better year but Flacco got hurt in week 13; lost the next 2 out of 3. Lost in divisional round to the Chiefs. Finished 13-3. Joe was scheduled to return the next week
Year 3 -- Flacco got hurt in week 4 and did not return until week 12 or so. Had several other injuries as well. Think I finished 10-6 or 9-7 and snuck into playoffs as a WC. Won the superbowl.
Year 4 -- Flacco was healthy all year and won MVP. We went 14-2 and won SB.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:18 PM   #4
Rookie

I remember madden 99 I think it was that I picked up Scott Mitchell during free agency...he ended up throwing for 48 tds with the Raiders.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:33 PM   #5
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

had to think about it for a while but I think i gotta say my first season of franchise mode in Madden 16. I took the Eagles to the superbowl with a 10-6 record. It was a very competitive season. most memorable was the postseason run. in the conference championship @ Seattle I was down 5 with about 3 minutes to go. Byron Maxwell picked off Wilson and ran it for a touchdown! the following drive, a tipped pass was picked off and I sealed the win. In the superbowl I faced San Diego. it was a close game and came down to their final drive. they got to about midfield and needing a touchdown to tie it. they ran a screen on 4th down it looked wide open and I thought I was doomed but Vinny Curry sacked Rivers right before he could throw it.

it was not only most fun gameplay wise (I really love this years game) but it was the only time I've ever streamed a game and actually had viewers. I got the game early so there was at peak times about 100 people watching and following my franchise. It was really cool to discuss it with them and see their reactions to plays. now that the games out I am lucky to get 2-3 viewers - but I will never forget how awesome it was when I had all those people watching.

EDIT: here are some gifs
Spoiler

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 09-28-2015 at 06:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 07:45 PM   #6
Rookie

BaseballJunkie's Arena

Madden 96...ish. Not 100% sure which year. One of the last on Sega Genesis.

I won the Super Bowl with Seattle, and had over 2400 rushing yards with Ricky Watters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2015, 09:05 PM   #7
Rookie

abbysinthe's Arena

Talking Re: What was the best single season you've ever had in a Madden franchise?

Madden '94 on the SNES. Took the Oilers to Superbowl glory.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:14 PM   #8
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Back in Madden 08 on the Gamecube. Following an 8-8 season, I went undefeated en route to the Super Bowl with Vince Youn and the Titans. By the end, Young was a 99 overall and Chris Henry led the team with 1,500 rushing yards and over 1,000 receiving yards. A third round rookie named Tito Logan had 97 speed played slot receiver for me and caught 123 passes that season, which at the time tired the NFL single-season record.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »