Home

Old 10-10-2015, 06:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
NFL2K16

Hello All,

This is a franchise conversion of this year's Madden player ratings .

It's based on a fresh new Base 2004 Franchise file (I used my old NFL2KController program to enter most of it).
I did not update team defensive formations.
There are many things wrong with it, but I find it pretty fun to play.

I was able to simulate a whole season without any freezing!
Feel free to improve upon it and post updates.

**EDIT- Added XBOX Roster file
**EDIT- Updated Coaches on roster file
Attached Files
File Type: zip NFL2K16.zip (270.3 KB, 379 views)
File Type: zip NFL2K16Ros.zip (239.9 KB, 274 views)

Last edited by BAD_AL; 12-17-2015 at 02:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 11:21 PM   #2
Just started!

xxxcbookxxx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NFL2K16

ok I downloaded your file but how do I put it in the franchise file in 2k5 I have updated just rosters before but not a franchise file I see updated rosters with editor looks good . please help
Old 10-11-2015, 11:02 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxcbookxxx
ok I downloaded your file but how do I put it in the franchise file in 2k5 I have updated just rosters before but not a franchise file I see updated rosters with editor looks good . please help
You just load it and play it.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:44 PM   #4
Rookie

slayerkreator's Arena

nice franchise file, no freezing at simulating games, schedule (the games - no the dates) are correct....just coaches not updated, but its not a problem...

anyway this going keep nfl 2k5 2015-16 season!!!!
Old 10-13-2015, 03:49 PM   #5
Rookie

Great file even with the things that are wrong. I converted it to ps2 but I don't know how to post it here. I would like to share if you don't mind but I don't know how
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2015, 11:54 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwidoe123
Great file even with the things that are wrong. I converted it to ps2 but I don't know how to post it here. I would like to share if you don't mind but I don't know how
When you post a reply, you click on "Manage Attachments" to bring up the form where you can add attachments.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:17 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerkreator
nice franchise file, no freezing at simulating games, schedule (the games - no the dates) are correct....just coaches not updated, but its not a problem...

anyway this going keep nfl 2k5 2015-16 season!!!!
Yes, I was really bummed when I saw the lack of rosters this year. I'm currently working on a program that will make it much, much easier to create good, working franchise files.
I believe all this freezing is due to the same franchise files being modified year after year.
I think if we can extract extract data from previous saves (as plain text) and apply them to a base 2004 franchise (in a matter of milliseconds) we can produce high quality gamesaves very quickly.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:03 PM   #8
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

Freezing can happen because of a million different things. I've been pretty lucky and never have had any major problems with freezing with my files over the years.

You are right in saying that using the same file over and over can increase the odds of freezing. A few other possibilities are contracts/salary cap (teams will try to cut players to get under the cap but sometimes they'll get stuck in a cycle where they have under 42 players and no cap room to sign players), changing years pro (this causes the stat glitch where player stats don't clear in the offseason) and clearing a player's stats (to fix the stat glitch) can cause freezing. Even names sometimes might cause some issues. The way Finn uses the "name bank" in the editor can cause some headaches.

I was hoping to find a way to extract data from my 2K4 file and create a 2K5 file for this year, but things got in the way. I really didn't want to do it by hand, a little too time consuming after working countless hours already on 2K4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »