Home

Fix Kawhi Leonard Please!

This is a discussion on Fix Kawhi Leonard Please! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2015, 02:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1

Kawhi Leonard is now a superstar in this league, and the best two-way perimeter player in the game. His iso game has blossomed, while he is among the league leaders in 3pt FG, taking around 4-5 attempts a game.

Yet, when handling the ball with him in 2K, he feels and moves like a big man who has been shrunk down to 6'7". This had nothing to do with any speed or quickness ratings. Anyone who plays with him regularly knows exactly what I'm talking about. Out of sizeups and simple crossovers. And this has nothing to do with whatever dribble package you go in and assign him. Here is my visual proof.

Watch this first, 14 second clip created by an OS poster (can't recall the name) of him attempting some dribble penetration with Tony Parker and Kawhi Leonard. Although he created a step, notice how awkward, clunky, and slow Kawhi's step out of the move is, starting at 7 seconds in:

https://vid.me/ZzKB

These clunky, non-explosive body movements have nothing to do with dribble posture or his dribble packages. It's his body style, like a big man shrunk down. Now, watch him handle the rock in this YouTube highlight video of last night's Spurs vs Pacers game at 1:55, 2:50, and 3:22 specifically:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7qM7SYAstw

On the Spurs alone, guys like Danny Green who can't even really handle can explode cleanly and aesthetically out of simple size ups and basic crossovers. Ditto for other small forwards such as Paul George, Melo, Iggy, Harrison Barnes, etc. Kinda like Parker in the first clip, only according to their speed and dribble package.

In the next roster update, 2K needs to give Kawhi the body base he deserves. Remember, it's not about how the body LOOKS, because they have that down pat. It's the lack of fluidity that other wings who can dribble and handle (and a bunch who CAN"T) have. While they are at it, change his release timing from normal to quick. Just watch the clips if you doubt.

Spurs lovers and Kawhi fan's, check it out and see what I mean. Let's give this thread some support, and if you disagree, chime in as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2015, 02:56 PM   #2
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

OVR: 11

Nah he's cool. He's still kinda awkward with his ball handling in real life so that's cool though his first step should be a little quicker but honestly I'm not complaining either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by stlpimpmonsta; 12-22-2015 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:06 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Fix Kawhi Leonard Please!

Okay, I went back in at looked at 2K's latest roster, and they've indeed gave him a better base. My apologies.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:08 PM   #4
Rookie

eltyboogie's Arena

OVR: 0

Paul George is the best two way perimeter player
Old 12-22-2015, 04:09 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by radog99
Okay, I went back in at looked at 2K's latest roster, and they've indeed gave him a better base. My apologies.
Yeah man, he's good.

You can FILL the stat sheet with him prior to the updates. Now with the 91 rating, he can be dominant on offense and do all of the moves you highlighted in the video as well..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2015, 04:43 PM   #6
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

That's my vid in the op, lol. Yeah he's improved a lot all throughout the year....that one was pretty early....
Old 12-22-2015, 05:13 PM   #7
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltyboogie
Paul George is the best two way perimeter player
No he's not.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:40 PM   #8
Rookie

eltyboogie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
No he's not.
the margin on offense is a lot greater than the margin on defense between the two
Kawhi strives because of those around him

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »