Home

2016 FITNESS CHALLENGE

This is a discussion on 2016 FITNESS CHALLENGE within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2015, 10:10 PM   #1
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
2016 FITNESS CHALLENGE

You know the drill.

Post your goals for 2016! Post your meal plans, supplements, diet programs, any measurements that you want to share and let's get er done!

I'm 197 lbs and my target is 175 lbs by the end of March! I am 5-10 so not too terribly out of shape but need to get back into running condition.

Goal is to get back to running 5 miles a day and do P90x daily starting on day 1 come morning! Need to lose the belly fat = too much beer - lack of exercising.

Good luck to everyone and may 2016 be your best yet!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2015, 10:52 PM   #2
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: 2016 FITNESS CHALLENGE

I'm in this year. I have to change my life around, I seriously have to.

I will weigh myself tomorrow and go from there. I'm guessing I'm around 270 right now. I was down to 238ish back in September but my job/personal situations went south and I went back to fast food/overeating regularly as som sort of ridiculous coping mechanism.

I'm turning 31 in a couple days and I can't keep living like this though.

Anyway. Tomorrow I'm going to do a very light workout and see how my knees hold up and also weigh myself. I can formulate a plan from there. Diet wise I'm going to start out pretty simple. Probably just cut out all soda/non-healthy drinks and just do three moderate/normal meals a day, which will be an upgrade over the daily fast food intake I'm used to.

Longest I made it was 9 weeks with no candy/junk/fast food, that was earlier in this year. I think I can go longer.

My goal is to get back into the shape I was in a few years ago when I was happier and more socially successful. I don't know my body fat percentage was but I was walking around typically between 175-178

Do you guys suggest weekly weigh ins? Daily weigh ins?

I need to really work on my appetite suppression/craving control.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 12-31-2015 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:33 PM   #3
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

I am all for weighing in each week if that will help? Let me go weigh in now and I will report back.

How and what you eat is what is going to make the biggest difference in both how you feel and the results you see. Sugar causes me to crave carbs and makes me constantly hungry. Once you free yourself from that addiction........yes addiction, you will notice that depression goes away and energy increases after about 4-5 days. View food as fuel and then ask yourself "why am I looking around in the kitchen????"

Mentally we have to prepare ourselves and the rest becomes habit. I'm doing the Atkins induction to initially drop the weight so that I can run a little easier. I also have two knee injuries and now a hip flexor to work through. Some of the foods that I eat can cause inflammation in my body especially knee and joint pain. So by staying clear of it and letting my body heal, the rest falls in line and will make my push to get back in shape less stressful.

Avoid daily weigh-ins as your body will fluctuate from water intake and can cause you to stress out. Once a week is good and try to weigh in first thing in the morning when that time comes to get a better idea of how things are going. Even then, take it in stride as the weight we gained did not happen in just a day or week as it takes time so just be realistic!

Day 1: 197.6 lbs

Last edited by Rules; 01-01-2016 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:43 PM   #4
Train Nsane or remainsame

Feared's Arena

OVR: 18

Goals are going to sound really pedestrian: but I'm 4 months into my return to lifting from a Meniscus injury, and Wrist injury.

Squat: 265 LB for atleast 3 reps. Still working my way back up to 225 so should be achievable by years end; as my knee gets stronger.

Deadlift: 315 LBS conventional. Could probably surpass this but I'm focusing more on squats than deadlifts and I've pulled 225 recently conventional so I can work from there.

Bench Press: 225 LBs 1RM. Having long limbs Bench has always been my weakest lift. 2 Plate bench would be a milestone for me. Heck I was pumped when I got 1 Forty-five on each side.

and just overall be the most fit I've been, wanting to keep bulking to add mass. Might do a mini-cut for the summer just so if I hit the beach I'll have some definition, but the main things is for me to be an a caloric surplus throughout most of the year to make the strength gains I need for my Lifts to keep going up.

Bonus: Also if I could get 135 LBs on Barbell overhead press that would be amazing too.

Last edited by Feared; 01-01-2016 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:57 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

What are some supplements people take besides protein, creatine, and preworkout stuff like jacked, c4, etc.? Trying not to use preworkouts because they make me breakout. Anything else good for energy? Seems like despite eating pretty well, and generally getting enough sleep, my energy levels have been down lately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2016, 08:10 PM   #6
Train Nsane or remainsame

Feared's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
What are some supplements people take besides protein, creatine, and preworkout stuff like jacked, c4, etc.? Trying not to use preworkouts because they make me breakout. Anything else good for energy? Seems like despite eating pretty well, and generally getting enough sleep, my energy levels have been down lately.
Try digging deep into your diet for your energy issue. See if you are deficient in any essential Vitamins, Minerals then try to supplement that. (Iron deficiency could be a culprit leading to low Red Blood Cell count, your Body also needs sufficient Vitamin C to absorb Iron well)

If that's not the case maybe get tested for Food sensitivities/allergies. Certain foods you eat may not work well with your body and you might not even realize it.

As far as a quick fix for energy maybe trying Black coffee, or something with Green Tea extract. It will contain caffeine but it's from natural sources and probably won't cause the jitters/heart palpitations. They also have Non-stimulant Pre-workouts like MAN Sports' 'NOO Pump', and iForce Hemavol. I use the Noo pump in my stack and it's a pre-workout based around Nootropics (Neuro-Enhancers) for focus, concentration, and a lasting pump.

Last edited by Feared; 01-01-2016 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:42 PM   #7
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Currently at 205. Wanna drop to at least 175 and keep it there. First short term goal is to quit smoking which I've managed well since new years at midnight. Just had one.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2016, 07:25 PM   #8
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I'm in again this year.

Goals
-Lose 10 pounds
-Do more strength training
-Exercise 4 days a week