Home

Avid Dynasty Manager

This is a discussion on Avid Dynasty Manager within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2016, 01:13 PM   #1
Rookie

Klingkong251's Arena

OVR: 0
Avid Dynasty Manager

Was wondering if anyone on here still uses Avid Dynasty manager for your NCAA dynasties. I use it because it's a great tool to keep track of my dyasty as the years progress but as of yesterday, I can't get into the website. It keeps telling me it has too many redirects. All my dynasty info is lost if the website doesn't come back up. Anybody having the same issues or have any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2016, 01:18 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Avid Dynasty Manager

I used avid for a couple of years and LOVED it.

LOOOOOOVED it!

Then a couple of years ago it went down for months (maybe a year plus) and I was worried that it was gone for good so I created my own spreadsheet to track my dynasties. There are a lot of things that my spreadsheet does better and there are a lot of things that avid did better.

Of course the number 1 HUGE advantage of my spreadsheet is that it's mine and I never need to worry about losing it and all of my tracking. The possibility (likelihood?) of Avid eventually going down forever is the reason I stopped using it.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-14-2016, 02:03 PM   #3
Rookie

Klingkong251's Arena

OVR: 0

Yea I might have to look at alternate ways to track my dynasty. I'm just hoping that I can get back the first 5 seasons of data somehow as that was a big part of the fun in this dynasty. Would there be any way I can see or try your spread sheet out?
Old 02-15-2016, 08:57 PM   #4
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

I still use it. I haven't been active for a couple of weeks, so this post concerned me. I just logged in and everything is fine.

One error that I do keep getting is when I try to write a game report. It won't post, then I am not able to get into the games for that season without doing a round-about - usually clicking on a player link and finding the game that way. So, I don't try to write reports on Avid anymore - I just track stats.

I am super anal and super paranoid, so I keep all of my stats on a spreadsheet as well as Avid. I like using Avid to have a quick reference to my players' individual stats game by game. When I write dynasty reports, I can quickly look to see if a player is hot or not over a stretch of games. It really helps my reports. I wish more people used it and I wish the site was still being developed. Whoever started it has abandoned it, I think, so any problems that arise could become permanent.

For those who don't know what Avid is about, here's a sample of how it can give you career game-by-game info for a player:

http://ncaa.avidmanager.com/WesternM...usMoody-319554
Old 02-16-2016, 10:32 AM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
I am super anal and super paranoid, so I keep all of my stats on a spreadsheet as well as Avid. I like using Avid to have a quick reference to my players' individual stats game by game. When I write dynasty reports, I can quickly look to see if a player is hot or not over a stretch of games. It really helps my reports. I wish more people used it and I wish the site was still being developed. Whoever started it has abandoned it, I think, so any problems that arise could become permanent.

For those who don't know what Avid is about, here's a sample of how it can give you career game-by-game info for a player:

FWIW you can most certainly track your players' individual stats game by game with a spreadsheet. These are from my spreadsheet:

UNC HB Lance Wilkins' game by game stats:
Lance Wilkins rushing stats.PNG

My players' career rushing leaders (filterable by team of course):
Career rushing leaders.PNG

My players w/ the most career rushing TDs:
career rushing TD leaders.PNG

My players with the most rushing yards in a season:
Season rushing leaders.PNG

My players with the most rushing yards in a game:
Single game rushers.PNG
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2016, 10:42 AM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

And as your spreadsheet evolves, you can add new stuff. IE. in my new dynasty I've added a YPG column (and TDPG where applicable).

As you think of new stuff that'd be handy you can always add whatever you want.

For my spreadsheet (which tracks much more than just stats) I input everyone's game stats every game and the spreadsheet figures everything else out (YPC, YPG, season totals, career totals, etc).

Here's the YPG (and TDPG) column from my new dynasty:
passing YPG.PNG
Old 02-16-2016, 11:30 AM   #7

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I used it before I started the whole dynasty reporting ish.

It was "okay" to have just to be able to go back and look at historical data. But sometime around 2009 I realized I could just save each year of my dynasty at the end of the season to its own separate file.

So right now I have my main, active save file, then the rest of my files are named: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, etc. I save them right before going to the off-season menu.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 02-16-2016, 11:32 AM   #8

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
I still use it. I haven't been active for a couple of weeks, so this post concerned me. I just logged in and everything is fine.

One error that I do keep getting is when I try to write a game report. It won't post, then I am not able to get into the games for that season without doing a round-about - usually clicking on a player link and finding the game that way. So, I don't try to write reports on Avid anymore - I just track stats.

Quote:
Broncos defeat Buffaloes 55-17

The reporter on record for this game passed out during pregame tailgating and never completed his assignment.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »