Home

Watching MLB: If "This" Would Have Happened In The Show Thread

This is a discussion on Watching MLB: If "This" Would Have Happened In The Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2016, 12:50 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Watching MLB: If "This" Would Have Happened In The Show Thread

In light of what happened tonight, this seems like the perfect time to start this thread. I hope it's allowed to breathe like the NBA one.

For those unfamiliar, this thread is for those moments that, if they happened in The Show instead of real life, would make you want to slam the controller to the ground like a rosin bag. It's also meant to be for fun, satirical, and not to be taken too seriously.

For reference:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...2k-thread.html

I'll start.

"So, I just got called up to The Show in my RTTS, pitching my first game for the Dodgers. And I'm pitching lights out, like it's still on Rookie or something. I even took a no-hitter into the 8th inning. But then I walk a guy, and wouldn't you know the ******* manager takes me out?! WITH the no-hitter intact! So I'm watching the rest of the game sim, and it doesn't take long to lose not only the no-no, but the LEAD as well! The FIRST batter after I get taken out goes yard to tie the game. I go from a possible no-hitter to a guaranteed no-decision in one single at-bat.

I can't believe this. Fix this manager AI SCEA. I'm THIS close to trading in this game."

-Ross Stripling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2016, 12:53 AM   #2
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Watching MLB; If "This" Would Have Happened In The Show Thread

Lmao as a Giants fan I loved it! But I was telling my brother the Dodgers should of left him in, but I'm happy they didn't. Definitely would of not been happy if that was me in RTTS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Old 04-09-2016, 12:54 AM   #3
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

I'm dominating the DBacks on the mound, but only up 2-1. Goldschmidt is up with the tying run on 2nd and I'm trying to pitch around him. I throw a perfect 1-0 fastball that's called for a ball when it caught most of the zone. Then I get to 2-2 and try to throw a fastball off the plate away and it misses right down the middle of course, and he singles to tie the game.

Then in the bottom of the 9th, I throw a pitch way up and in to Tomas but he lines it to LF, of course, with a runner on 2nd. My best OF arm (Jorge Soler) makes a terrible throw to the plate and I lose.

-Cubs game tonight.

Watch me play video games
Old 04-09-2016, 01:24 AM   #4
Rookie

TheMadleR's Arena

OVR: 0

That was unreal to watch unfold. If that would happen to me in RTTS, I'd just laugh, shake my head and be pissed for about the next three days. Feel for Stripling, should've stayed in. Even if it was his debut and coming off Tommy-John surgery, but that's why I'm not a manager in the big leagues.
NBA: Thunder
Old 04-09-2016, 08:58 AM   #5
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Awesome idea for a thread.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2016, 03:05 PM   #6
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

SO I've got my best starter on the mound, home opener and I'm getting hit after hit in the fourth inning. Game's going back and forth, back and forth until I get Donaldson up with the bases loaded and CRUSH the first pitch. Not but an inning and a half later, Brock Holt OF ALL PEOPLE drills the grand slam to reply off of a fresh reliever! Now it's 7-6 and then my best RHP reliever in Storen gets lit up the VERY NEXT INNING!

I hate the freaking comeback code in this game. I don't care what ANY OF YOU THINK, it's there. How else can Storen, Cecil, Chavez get so lit up.

At least I didn't ragequit like that guy in the Dodger livestream, though. Maybe his connection was just bad and he got disconnected. (Roberts' ejection)

-Last night's Jays/Sawx game

Last edited by BeatArmy; 04-09-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:12 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatArmy

I hate the freaking comeback code in this game. I don't care what ANY OF YOU THINK, it's there. How else can Storen, Cecil, Chavez get so lit up.
There is no comeback code. Never has been. Secondly, they can get lit up because it's baseball and even the best pitchers and best teams get lit up every now and then. Just the way it is.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2016, 03:28 PM   #8
MVP

eric7064's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
There is no comeback code. Never has been. Secondly, they can get lit up because it's baseball and even the best pitchers and best teams get lit up every now and then. Just the way it is.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
There actually was in one of the older versions to the point they has to majorly adress it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »