Home

NBA 2K16 Offseason Roster w/ Rookies, Trades, & Signings (Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Offseason Roster w/ Rookies, Trades, & Signings (Xbox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2016, 08:01 PM   #1
Rookie

bryandfor3's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K16 Offseason Roster w/ Rookies, Trades, & Signings (Xbox One)

NBA 2K16 COMPLETE OFFSEASON ROSTER
By BryanDfor3

Xbox One

File Name: 2K17 ROOKS, TRADES, & SIGNINGS
Gamertag: BryanDfor3

nVPqBJd - Imgur.gif

Hello again fellow NBA 2K fans! This thread is to reveal the details and features of my updated offseason roster in NBA 2K16 for the Xbox One, available RIGHT NOW on 2K Share!

If you're unfamiliar with my previous work, last year in NBA 2K15, I did an offseason roster that received very positive feedback, which you can see here: http://bit.ly/299H7ou

This year, the offseason roster includes all rookies that are in my 2016 draft class that I've previously discussed on OS here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-one-only.html

So basically...

1) All rookies have been created by me from scratch, and have been given attributes using college stats & video

2) All rookies have adjusted tendencies & signatures similar to those of their real-life counterparts

Offseason Roster Features:

The Most Realistic 2016-2017 Rookies:

Nearly all of the rookies drafted are included in the roster and can be found in either the free agent pool or on their respective teams. I've spent countless hours researching & analyzing this rookie class, and player attributes I've applied can be backed up by real stats & physical measurements. As free agency goes by and roster spots clear up, drafted rookies that are in the free agent pool will make their way onto their respective teams. I updated rookie ratings throughout the entire college basketball season, and will re-evaluate many of these players and revisit ratings during the summer. This is the list of drafted rookies that still need to be finished and that will be added to the roster by June 28th:
Spoiler

All Trades & Free Agent Signings
:

This roster will stay updated with every trade that happens during the offseason, as well as every free agent signing, in a timely fashion. I pride myself in being extremely immersed in the NBA, and will release roster updates after moves are finalized ASAP. With that being said, there certainly will be times that I won't be near an Xbox and will have to go several hours before being able to make roster moves, but feel free to alert me via Twitter (@BryanDfor3) if there is something that I've missed (especially with new jersey numbers!)

Updated Contracts:

The roster will also have the most up-to-date contracts and will show fresh contracts for players who get signed during the offseason. Currently, all 1st round rookies that are on a roster have a projected rookie contract applied to them. In addition, all non-rookie player have a year removed from their contract, and their "Years Pro" increased by 1 (except for players like Mudiay, Winslow, & LeBron, 2K doesn't allow for it). Player ages are actually updated automatically in NBA 2K16, so that will take care of itself (due to birthday dates being included in the edit-player feature).

IMPORTANT NOTE: WHEN STARTING A NEW MyLEAGUE or MyGM, THE SALARY CAP SHOULD BE CHANGED FROM 70 to 95 TO ACCOUNT FOR THE NBA'S SALARY CAP BOOM

No Changes to Existing NBA Players:
To preserve the gameplay that 2K fans have been become accustomed to over the course of the year, no changes will be made to the ratings, signatures, or badges of non-rookie players in the roster.

If anyone has any questions or concerns about the roster, Twitter is always the best way to contact me and gain additional insight. I will be responding to comments in this thread, but I personally find it more convenient to post updates on exactly I do to the roster do improve it on a daily basis to Twitter. Thanks for downloading, and for all of the support for the last two years!

Feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel as well for more rosters, player creations, and other great NBA 2K16 content: www.youtube.com/user/BryanDfor3

Last edited by bryandfor3; 07-15-2016 at 10:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2016, 11:31 PM   #2
Rookie

MR B1G D3AL's Arena

Re: NBA 2K16 Offseason Roster w/ Rookies, Trades, & Signings (Xbox One)

I looked at your rosters/draft classes yesterday. Very nice work. Lot of detail in the player creation. I'm about to start a MyLeague right now. Any sliders you suggest or that you use?
Old 06-26-2016, 01:07 AM   #3
Rookie

bryandfor3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR B1G D3AL
I looked at your rosters/draft classes yesterday. Very nice work. Lot of detail in the player creation. I'm about to start a MyLeague right now. Any sliders you suggest or that you use?
Thanks for downloading!

Right now, most of the default sliders will work OK, but when free agency comes around, you should change the "Salary Cap Value" slider to 95, since I will be updating what will be huge contracts in the coming weeks, due to the increased NBA salary cap.

Aside from that, I usually select No for "Start w/ Existing Trades" too, because if I were to begin with the Nets for example, I would have their draft picks. If I selected Yes, then another team would have the Nets' draft pick since they actually traded it away in real life. Aside from those two things, I'm OK with the default settings.
Old 07-05-2016, 01:21 PM   #4
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

These are great, thanks for all your hard work!

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-06-2016, 08:55 AM   #5
MVP

iameich's Arena

OVR: 10

Thanks for the roster man. they look great. I was thinking that you should really consider making a CAP for Jordan McRae of the Cavs. The official one looks suspect. Thanks again bro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2016, 10:31 AM   #6
Rookie

bryandfor3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
These are great, thanks for all your hard work!
No problem man, glad you're enjoying
Old 07-06-2016, 10:35 AM   #7
Rookie

bryandfor3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iameich
Thanks for the roster man. they look great. I was thinking that you should really consider making a CAP for Jordan McRae of the Cavs. The official one looks suspect. Thanks again bro.
That'd be a good idea. I could do it for TJ McConnell too and Norman Powell. TJ & Norman Powell's badges, dunk packages, and tendencies are messed up too but I'm not going to mess with those
Old 07-07-2016, 04:09 PM   #8
Rookie

theoneandbigboi's Arena

What Teams have the most cap and is it possible for CP3 Or Westbrook To Be Free Agents During The Offseason.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »