Home

Are Draft Classes Overpowered?

This is a discussion on Are Draft Classes Overpowered? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2016, 09:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Are Draft Classes Overpowered?

Compared to existing rosters are you finding that the generated draft classes are overpowered?

How deep in the draft can you get a stud player? 5th Rd?

Are the draft classes loaded each season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2016, 10:34 AM   #2
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Are Draft Classes Overpowered?

Compared to other sports games I'm very happy with how Madden does their draft classes. It could be like NHL for example where players come in with their overalls way too low, and take forever to develop and never get that good.

I know some think that the classes have too many good players, but I think it's a good balance.

I'd rather them not try and "fix" what's not broken.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:54 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

The high end ratings might be a bit too high, but I'm seeing only a handful of superstar/quick rated players in drafts so far (I go through every single team's draft to change player names if they are too glaringly awful).

That is a good thing. You can draft someone in the high 70's, and only progress them to the mid-80's at most due to normal development. You get a good but not great player. I think it's pretty realistic in this sense, as long as you don't mess with their development rating. EA did a great job with dynamic development this year, and I always thought it was unrealistic to spend XP to turn someone into a superstar.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:28 AM   #4
Rookie

I think the draft classes are more balanced when compared to the real life roster than last year's Madden. Last year SPD/ACC of rookie WR/CB's were way too overpowered. Seems more balanced.

My biggest gripe so far with this year's drafts are CB and Man Coverage. MCV is lower across the board with the rookie classes, which I think becomes a problem since that rating is so expensive to boost. I'm 5 years into my CFM and there's essentially no CB's with 90+ MCV.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:31 AM   #5
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoctor
I think the draft classes are more balanced when compared to the real life roster than last year's Madden. Last year SPD/ACC of rookie WR/CB's were way too overpowered. Seems more balanced.

My biggest gripe so far with this year's drafts are CB and Man Coverage. MCV is lower across the board with the rookie classes, which I think becomes a problem since that rating is so expensive to boost. I'm 5 years into my CFM and there's essentially no CB's with 90+ MCV.
Try raising the XP slider for CB's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2016, 11:31 AM   #6
Rookie

Cajungodfather's Arena

For 32 man CFMs, I think they are fine. You only get 8-10 seasons in, usually, so you don't have an entire career to develop players after seasons 3 or 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2016, 01:23 PM   #7
Pro

I agree that I think this year's draft classes are a little better balanced. I will note one thing though: while I agree that there are fewer superstar and quick players, I did notice the players can dynamically become quick or superstar through their play.

For example, I signed an undrafted power HB, with normal dev, really expecting him to be a placeholder for me until I could draft a really good HB.

But he turned out to be awesome. Just a total bruiser, rushed for 1700 yards in his rookie season, finished fifth in OPOY voting.

When I went to spend his experience, which I only do yearly, he had become a superstar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2016, 01:24 PM   #8
Rookie

From some of the postings Ive seen on QBs, Ive seen a large number of players that are Aaron Rodgers 2.0 but will better after a year of development. I run a 32 User CFM so my concern is QBs and WRs. Ive seen a few Calvin Johnson clones so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »