Home

**Official NBA 2k18 Wish List Thread**

This is a discussion on **Official NBA 2k18 Wish List Thread** within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2016, 08:36 AM   #1
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
**Official NBA 2k18 Wish List Thread**

I know the game just came out, but I figured why not go ahead and get the ball rolling. My biggest hope for 2k18 is an overall improvement to the crowd audio/reactions, as well as the commentary's ability to recognize something out of the ordinary taking place on the court.

I just pulled this from the highlight thread, but the home team ('92 Dream Team) came up with a steal and then an alley oop at the other end. There was literally no reaction whatsoever from the crowd, neither on the steal nor the oop. The commentary then treated the alley-oop like a normal dunk that was nothing special.

I know that sometimes the commentators will throw out some big reactions to dunks, but I would really like to see them react more to the overall game. If I come up and knock down 5 threes in a row with one player, they should recognize that.

I use this video all the time when talking about commentary and crowd reactions, because this is the kind of thing I would love to see in a video game.

The commentators continually talk about how on fire Lebron is and how ridiculous he is shooting. The crowd, even being in the opposing team's arena, recognizes how nuts he is going, and when he pulls up from 5-6 feet beyond the arc and drills the shot, they erupt.

If I go on a run like that in 2k, there is no recognition from either the crowd or the commentary. They seemingly treat each basket as its own play, and don't remember anything that happened in the game previously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 12:18 PM   #2
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2k18 Wish List

FIBA national teams.

Ultimately I would love to see the FIBA sanctioned tournaments in the game but simply being able to have FIBA national teams in Play Now mode and the ability to move them to myLeague would be a good start. Ideally, at least 32 teams representing all the FIBA zones, FIBA courts with the shorter 3 point line and FIBA rules. The FIBA players on NBA teams could just be a copy of their NBA counterparts with a slight boost to their 3 point ratings to account for the shorter 3 point line. Same with the ones on Euroleague teams except they wouldn't need their 3 point ratings adjusted since they already play on FIBA courts.

If we can't have it all for 2K18 then start with 24 teams and NBA rules. The development team could then build on this base, adding more FIBA related features until all aspects are implemented in 2K19, in time to get us pumped for FIBA World Cup 2019. Just ensure you include Canada, France, Spain, China, Australia, Argentina, Brazil and some other significant basketball crazed countries not mentioned here. Do this and I have reasons to buy 2K every year.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

Last edited by deadlyCane; 09-21-2016 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:34 PM   #3
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
FIBA national teams.

Ultimately I would love to see the FIBA sanctioned tournaments in the game but simply being able to have FIBA national teams in Play Now mode and the ability to move them to myLeague would be a good start. Ideally, at least 32 teams representing all the FIBA zones, FIBA courts with the shorter 3 point line and FIBA rules. The FIBA players on NBA teams could just be a copy of their NBA counterparts with a slight boss in their 3 point ratings to account for the shorter 3 point line. Same with the ones on Euroleague teams except they wouldn't need their 3 point ratings adjusted since they already play on FIBA courts.

If we can't have it all for 2K18 then start with 24 teams and NBA rules. Just ensure you include Canada, France, Spain, China, Australia, Argentina, Brazil and some other significant basketball crazed countries not mentioned here.

This x100. I don't understand why we only get Australia. What makes Australia so special? lol
Old 09-21-2016, 12:36 PM   #4
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Get rid of "Go (insert team) go!" Chant!

Start caring about the game graphically and how it sounds again.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:15 PM   #5
Rookie

timothythefirst's Arena

fix the stupid attribute caps.

when I heard they were putting attribute caps in myplayer I was actually really excited at first. I was tired of playing against 7'3 centers who dunked like deandre jordan, shot and dribbled like curry and had westbrook's athleticsim. that **** was ridiculous.

then i actually got the game and started realizing what some of them were and how they functioned.

like, I made my guy a shot creator. 6'1, 170 lbs. because of the attribute caps, he struggles to make a wide open 3 when no one is even on his side of the court, but if I drive into traffic and do some fancy dribble moves and then pull up he makes it almost every time because his shooting off the dribble is way higher than his regular shooting. it doesn't make sense, no player is like that.

and you really can't even make guys who have the same skillsets as the players it showed you in the screen where you choose your archetype.

like because all the attributes are lumped together, the highest my shot creator's "speed with ball" can go is like 75. this means damn near every body in the game except unathletic bigs catches up to me in open court situations. and it's really difficult to blow by anybody. for reference, steph curry and russell westbrook have 98/97 speed with the ball.

then for example, chris paul is the definition of a playmaker pg. His playmaking in the game is obviously an A+, but his inside and midrange shooting are A/A+, 3 point shooting is a B, his defense is a B+. it's impossible to make a player that well rounded on this game. if you make a guy a good shooter his playmaking and defense will be trash, make him a good defender he will be an offensive liability. this is ridiculous.

not to mention your free throw rating is in the mid 60s no matter what. even on the rare occasion you get to practice free throws (i've never gotten to), the +1 thing isn't even permanent.

i don't even know if i want to play myplayer modes anymore because of this unless they somehow patch it, but it seems like something way too big too patch (unless they just lifted or raised the caps. and made it so you can actually improve your free throws and stamina)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 01:22 PM   #6
VFL

LeBlonde James's Arena

OVR: 3

A "play as whole team" option for my career and sliders for my career

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2016, 01:49 PM   #7
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Tnt broadcast. With Tnt stat screens and Barkley. Real authentic Stadium sounds.

Old 09-21-2016, 01:53 PM   #8
Pro

1. Pro-Am custom logos earlier. I got it you dont want 1 and done teams to be making their own logos without a game played, but Elite 3 is pretty far into it to finally be "your own team"

2. Separate Stats online for each MyCareer player. I play a SF Sharpshooter, and Im a huge stats person, because of this I feel like I cant make any other position at the moment or it's going to mess my stats up. I want to see what my 3pt % is on a sharpshooter, not on my Slasher that I may take a few wide open shots. I also want to see what I average for rebounds on my center compared to everyone, and not have my Sharpshooters games played bring those stats down.

3. Online Latency, It's almost an entirely different game online due to the input lag. It needs to be fixed. Battlefield saw the community outraged about this and they put in the time to fix the netcode, 2k needs to do this as well, certainly if they are to be taken serious in E-Sports.

4. Ability to Pass on MyCourt, or in the Pro-Am Arena. I should be able to practice with my team and no shot clock.

5. Make the Pro-Am court slightly larger, it still feels a little small like spacing on it is impossible.

6. Private Unranked matchmaking on Pro-Am please!!!

7. Either Badge progress, or have the announcers say something about it after you hit like 25%/50% of it.

8. Full Announcer in Pro-Am. Action Replays for big events IE someone breaks someones ankles etc. If not Action Replays, maybe have highlights of the game after the game.

9. Take the Gym out of practice, no more gold "Doin' work" through the gym. At the same time. Allow people to upgrade their MyPlayer through the Gym. If I get a gold on smaller attributes like reaction time, FT, hands, etc. If I want to spend all day shooting free throws to upgrade it +10 I should be able to, and have that practice pay off.

10. Allow drills on MYCourt with friends. Maybe I want to try someone out for my pro-am team, and the first step is having them people me in a Boston Drill, or whatever drill I pick, against me and my friends.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »