Home

are shot creators underpowered?

This is a discussion on are shot creators underpowered? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-08-2016, 01:23 AM   #1
Rookie

Soze Mucky's Arena

OVR: 0
are shot creators underpowered?

i never see any in mypark and mine is pretty terrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2016, 01:25 AM   #2
Rookie

KoolAidNoSugar's Arena

Re: are shot creators underpowered?

Plot twist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2016, 01:29 AM   #3
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAidNoSugar
Plot twist

I honestly have seen one shot creator that actually uses the archetype right. I don't think they're underpowered so much as most people don't get what they are supposed to do.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 10-08-2016, 01:30 AM   #4
Rookie

KoolAidNoSugar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
I honestly have seen one shot creator that actually uses the archetype right. I don't think they're underpowered so much as most people don't get what they are supposed to do.

I never see them used to their strengths lol

Old 10-08-2016, 01:41 AM   #5
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAidNoSugar
I never see them used to their strengths lol

I'll talk about this all year till people catch on, but EveretteWarren on here runs a nasty one.

The key is the ungodly high shoot off dribble, mixed with difficult shots, and dead eye. It allows you to drive, Step back dribble, Sidestep Jumper and cash out. started using tricks like this on my slasher from mid range and it's dumb with bronze difficult shots. I caught a center earlier, Drive baseline, step jumper to the middle. He's running out of bounds, I'm now wide open.

Essentially people run them like a low budget sharpshooter, but they need to think more like Joe Johnson or James Harden.
In all honesty, it's fun to watch. Calling it trickery wouldn't be doing it justice.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2016, 01:45 AM   #6
Rookie

KoolAidNoSugar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
I'll talk about this all year till people catch on, but EveretteWarren on here runs a nasty one.

The key is the ungodly high shoot off dribble, mixed with difficult shots, and dead eye. It allows you to drive, Step back dribble, Sidestep Jumper and cash out. started using tricks like this on my slasher from mid range and it's dumb with bronze difficult shots. I caught a center earlier, Drive baseline, step jumper to the middle. He's running out of bounds, I'm now wide open.

Essentially people run them like a low budget sharpshooter, but they need to think more like Joe Johnson or James Harden.

That was my first build but I play PG for my team and the speed with the ball doesn't allow me to put pressure on the defense. I still utilize that shot off the dribble though lol. I'm SOOOOO GLAD step backs finally work & shooting off the dribble in general.

Old 10-08-2016, 04:05 AM   #7
Rookie

Not sure if anyone notice this:

It seems that shooting off dribble only kicks in if the last thing you do right before shooting is a normal movement using left stick instead of a dribble move.

Very easy to check this. Say if your shooting off dribble stat is higher than any other open/contested mid/3pt range shooting stats, look at the shooting meter while doing this:

- Stay in mid range or 3pt range, just hold your left stick in any direction and you will see that meter extends.

- In contrast, without using left stick, do any dribble move with right stick, your shooting meter will never extend. Hope gather and step back would not extend it as well.

So shooting off-dribble is actually just shooting off running... Not sure if it is supposed to be this way.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:22 AM   #8
Pro

What? I've seen ALOT of them, one dude had a ridiculously unguardable spin jumper. He made all of them, but he froze his teammates out giving us a tiring W.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »