Home

What are the Odds of A.C.E. an Tutorial or Working in 2K17

This is a discussion on What are the Odds of A.C.E. an Tutorial or Working in 2K17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2016, 12:47 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
What are the Odds of A.C.E. an Tutorial or Working in 2K17

I'm trying to figure out in recent modern history, a game company releasing a highly complex system such as A.C.E. Packages on Offense and Defense with no tutorial, no blog nothing substantive for the consumer to understand how it works. Here we are 1 month from release and still no answers, and no clues, just consumers guessing and many cases guessing badly. I don't get the being silent is the best solution in this instance, the total act of being oblivious to this major feature as if we don't address it or talk about they will forget about it.

We had a gameplay blog and there was no mention of the "new" A.C.E. Packages team/player none.

I can't think of another Sports game that has such a complex system and no tutorial explaining "How to Use" said feature. The Offensive side of the ball is kind of straight forward but there are some lingering issues, like in Da_Czar launch stream, he made the statement about Smart Play in the backcourt()plays are from the playbook) and frontcourt(Plays are from the Freelance system) I ran several test and that is not the case, it is random. Scott did a very basic Defensive A.C.E. but it left more questions than answers.

We don't know if you call an A.C.E. Team Package will it override the A.C.E. Player Package? we do know according to Scott that the Defensive Settings will override what A.C.E. Scheme you call, so are you really running the scheme correctly? We don't know crap about this Complex system. Yes I know it's not functioning properly, but that is another story.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 10-21-2016 at 04:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2016, 01:06 AM   #2
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Re: What are the Odds of A.C.E. an Tutorial or Working in 2K17

Throw in that there is a cash prize at stake... seems like they have to have some transparency (especially since we know that the top teams have access to the dev team).

Pretty sure everyone would love a manual. It'd only make this game that much more interesting and fun to compete in.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:43 AM   #3
MVP

jk31's Arena

I'd like to know which settings can be overridden by ACE. I'd gladly like to use ACE for offensive playcalling and setting the POE, but I don't want ACE to change my defensive settings, matchups and freelance offense.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:32 PM   #4
MVP

Damn near 2 months and still not a word from so-called community friendly devs about the state of the ACE menu System. Will it be fixed or not?

Another Patch and still no mention of A.C.E. menu system being fixed or working. No mention on whether or not it will be fixed, just generic ACE updates via tuning and they never say what was tuned or added. Something tells me that ACE will never be fixed and Visual Concepts employees ignore any question pertaining to the ACE menu system.

Not enough people complain about the state of the ACE menu so they don't feel the need to care as well. It is sad that they can unleash this system on the public and not give a rats *** about the feature. Should have just left last year POE system instead of this unpatchable non working Absent Coaching Engine.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:16 AM   #5
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Ive pointed out in multiple threads why ACE is a system that works and adds many layers to a game. It's there when you look for it.

But this thread clearly shows that OG and Czar need to be allowed to show off their system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2016, 05:02 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Ive pointed out in multiple threads why ACE is a system that works and adds many layers to a game. It's there when you look for it.

But this thread clearly shows that OG and Czar need to be allowed to show off their system.
Man just stop ok. ACE MENU SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK. I see some surface level stuff, but I'm talking about the MENU SYSTEM.

Does your MENU SYSTEM work? do you have a game that no one else have? Can you go to ACE MENU SYSTEM and call a scheme and it stick? do you even know the scheme concept and principle?

You see ACE working on several layers? Make a video explaining the Defensive concept a certain team is playing versus your personnel, not the surface level matchups/zone/deny/smother/gap that is very elementary stuff. Make a video and show me the scheme, show me the defense is on a string versus your squad.

Contrary to your, people don't know what ACE is, I do know and I know a lot about it, I run drills versus the defense trying to recognize schemes versus personnel. I run the same play 20 times in a row to see what the D is doing from all angles. I switch up personnel and run the same play again for 20 times in a row. I go into replay after each play and watch each position seeing how they play on and off the ball. This is something I have been doing since last year when it was part of the POE.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 11-10-2016 at 05:14 AM.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:07 AM   #7
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
Man just stop ok. ACE MENU SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK. I see some surface level stuff, but I'm talking about the MENU SYSTEM.
Im confused. You ask questions, then tell people to "just stop".

What do you mean 'menu system'?

Quote:
Does your MENU SYSTEM work? do you have a game that no one else have? Can you go to ACE MENU SYSTEM and call a scheme and it stick? do you even know the scheme concept and principle?
Do you mean the defensive settings? Of course I can go to them. They are accessible for everyone.

Quote:
You see ACE working on several layers? Make a video explaining the Defensive concept a certain team is playing versus your personnel, not the surface level matchups/zone/deny/smother/gap that is very elementary stuff. Make a video and show me the scheme, show me the defense is on a string versus your squad.
It's in there. I'ev posted 8 main ways Ive seen it working.

If I could be bothered, I would. But wasting hours on producing videos for a forum that is so toxic is not in my plans.

But I like your face, so here are some unrelated ones I prepared earlier which I can use to illustrate my point.

Teams like Portland and Toronto drop their 5s back on PNRs. Here are examples.

Watch this corner PNR. GSW goes under on Felton (the aboves ones show them going over on Paul) because he's less of a threat to shoot. West hedges, his man dives to the hole, Linvingston rotates to the rim. Good offense beats good defense and I get the ball to the open man.

Yeah the doubling is sometimes off the wrong guy. Nobody has denied that. PLenty of times though, I see it off non-shooters. Here's just one example of the hundreds of times Ive seen it done right.

It's all in there. You can see it. If you play with sliders, switch to HOF and adjust your sliders from there. Go play the Bucks or Warriors and see how often they switch. Or teams with quick 4s that hedge. Or how often they cross match. Or attack you on mismatches.

Quote:
Contrary to your, people don't know what ACE is, I do know and I know a lot about it, I run drills versus the defense trying to recognize schemes versus personnel. I run the same play 20 times in a row to see what the D is doing from all angles. I switch up personnel and run the same play again for 20 times in a row. I go into replay after each play and watch each position seeing how they play on and off the ball. This is something I have been doing since last year when it was part of the POE.
If you're talking about the practise plays mode, it's bugged in terms of setting defensive settings.

Last edited by Smirkin Dirk; 11-10-2016 at 06:09 AM.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:52 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Im confused. You ask questions, then tell people to "just stop".

What do you mean 'menu system'?

Do you mean the defensive settings? Of course I can go to them. They are accessible for everyone.

It's in there. I'ev posted 8 main ways Ive seen it working.

If I could be bothered, I would. But wasting hours on producing videos for a forum that is so toxic is not in my plans.

But I like your face, so here are some unrelated ones I prepared earlier which I can use to illustrate my point.

Teams like Portland and Toronto drop their 5s back on PNRs. Here are examples.

Watch this corner PNR. GSW goes under on Felton (the aboves ones show them going over on Paul) because he's less of a threat to shoot. West hedges, his man dives to the hole, Linvingston rotates to the rim. Good offense beats good defense and I get the ball to the open man.

Yeah the doubling is sometimes off the wrong guy. Nobody has denied that. PLenty of times though, I see it off non-shooters. Here's just one example of the hundreds of times Ive seen it done right.

It's all in there. You can see it. If you play with sliders, switch to HOF and adjust your sliders from there. Go play the Bucks or Warriors and see how often they switch. Or teams with quick 4s that hedge. Or how often they cross match. Or attack you on mismatches.

If you're talking about the practise plays mode, it's bugged in terms of setting defensive settings.
You just demo what I said not to, elementary stuff. I'mean talking about schemes and why they ran that scheme not level 1 rudimentary defense. So was any of those defensive sets shrink the floor? That is what i'm talking about. Explain the defense and why

I run actions in game not practice because I want to get the full experience.

You know what i'm talking about when I say ACE menu.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »