Home

2017 Gaming Plans

This is a discussion on 2017 Gaming Plans within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2017, 09:30 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
2017 Gaming Plans

I created the 2016 Gaming Plans topic on January 5th, 2016 and here we are, January 1st, 2017. My goodness, time zooms by. Anyway, like before, this topic is where you post your current and future gaming plans for 2017. I list my current backlog, what im currently playing, completed games (hahaha, none thus far for me, lol) and future games that im buying. Release date list is from gamefaqs. All games are played on PlayStation 4 Pro unless otherwise noted.

P.S. - HAPPY NEW YEAR of GAMING BABY!!!

CURRENTLY PLAYING
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (will start playing on Tuesday. curious to see how this stacks up against other 2016 first person shooters Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2 and Doom)

BACKLOG (purchased, downloaded and installed)
- Assassin's Creed Chronicles India (haven't played)
- Assassin's Creed Chronicles Russia (haven't played)
- Axiom Verge (haven't played)
- Mercenary Kings (haven't played)
- Stories: The Path of Destinies (played through a few different paths months ago but accidently deleted my save and have to start over)

BACKLOG (disc owned and fully installed)
- Mafia III (have only played through the first five hours)
- Ratchet and Clank (purchased the other day for $10 new at GameStop but haven't played it yet)

BACKLOG (gamefly)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (currently playing)
- Killzone: Shadow Fall (have only played the tutorial)
- Watch Dogs 2 (have only played the tutorial)

BACKLOG (haven't purchased yet)
- I Am Setsuna (digital, waiting for the game to be on sale for $20 on PSN)
- Forza Horizon 3 / xbox one (digital, waiting for the game to be $20 on xbox live)
- Forza Horizon 3: Blizzard Mountain / xbox one (digital, waiting for the expansion pass to be on sale for $20 on xbox live or for this first of two expansions to be on sale for $10)
- Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition / xbox one (digital, waiting for the game to be on sale for $10 on xbox live)
- Salt and Sanctuary (digital, waiting for the game to be on sale for $10 on PSN)
- Shadow of the Beast (digital, waiting for the game to be on sale for $10 on PSN)
- Tom Clancy's The Division (digital, waiting for the game to be on sale for $20 on PSN)
- Tom Clancy's The Division Expansion Pass (digital, waiting for the expansion pass to be on sale for $20 on PSN)

JANUARY 24th
- Resident Evil VII (not a fan of it being in first person and I didn't like the demo going light to dark repeatedly but at the same time, im expecting it to be the best Resident Evil game since Resident Evil 4)

JANUARY 31st
- Hitman: The Complete First Season (have heard and read great things about this game as it's said to either be the best or second best in the franchise. will find out if that's true in a month or so)

FEBRUARY 14th
- For Honor (oh hell yeah!!! my number one most wanted and anticipated game of 2017 thus far. Vikings, Knights and Samurais you say??? Oh hell yeah!!! hoping for two things...first, an eight or so hour single player campaign for each story class and an "on/off" option for the button prompts that appear when engaged in a major battle. if I get those two things, game should easily hit my 9/10 rating...best of all, while my ex-girlfriend is getting married on this day, I'll be chopping off heads!!! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!! LOL!!!)

FEBRUARY 28th
- Horizon: Zero Dawn (my second most wanted and anticipated game of 2017 thus far. open world action rpg with dinomechs looks and sounds great to me. only negative is where the hell is my mini-map??? ugh. other than that, this could be an early game of the year contender for me)

MARCH 7th
- Nier: Automata (played the demo and actually enjoyed it which I wasn't expecting. camera and controls definitely need some work but at the same time, there's a lot of options for both the camera and controls. looking forward to the final version)

- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands (my third most wanted and anticipated game of 2017 thus far could also turn out to be the last from Ubisoft as it looks more and more likely that Vivendi will be attempting a hostile takeover once they own 30% of stock. damn mother******* are going to end up ruining my favorite developer, publisher and go to company. really hoping that Sony, Microsoft or some other publisher like Take Two Interactive steps in and saves Ubisoft. as for the game itself, im very much looking forward to playing it but there's one major negative...there's no actual cover system which considering this is supposed to be a tactical shooter makes no sense. what makes even less sense is why they didn't just copy the cover system from The Division and implement here is beyond me. oh well. just hoping I get a good final game from Ubisoft)

APRIL 4th
- Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 (this is the 2017 version of what im hoping will be a Far Cry type open world clone. 2016 version was supposed to be Homefront: The Revolution and while that had a few cool ideas and concepts, the game was a disaster. really hoping that this doesn't happen with this game but I wouldn't be surprised if it does)

- Yooka-Laylee (an old school 3D plat-former. need I say more? okay, I will. game looks beautiful and is being developed by PlayTonic which consists of mostly ex-Rare employees and by ex-Rare, I mean the great Rare, pre-Microsoft. if you enjoyed Banjo or my personal favorite Conker's Bad Fur Day on Nintendo 64, you should hopefully enjoy this game)

Holy crap!!! I do post novels. Hahahaha. Oh well, whatever. 2016 was a very good year for me but early 2017 is looking even better than early 2016. Hopefully, we'll all have an awesome and amazing year of gaming!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2017, 09:37 PM   #2
All Star

Re: 2017 Gaming Plans

Almost done with TLG. looking forward to Horizon, Zelda and Spider-Man if it is a 2017 and not 18 game. Out side of that not sure what other games I may get this year. Still trying to beat Rise of the Tomb Raider. My backlot is way to big to even list.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:15 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Almost done with TLG. looking forward to Horizon, Zelda and Spider-Man if it is a 2017 and not 18 game. Out side of that not sure what other games I may get this year. Still trying to beat Rise of the Tomb Raider. My backlot is way to big to even list.
Definitely looking forward to Horizon. Zelda looks good but I would have preferred them to make the game look realistic instead of cartoony. Still hoping for Spider Man in 2017??? Good luck with that bud. LOL.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:22 PM   #4
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

My 2017 gaming plans will be to get through my ridiculous gaming backlog and not buy any new games until The Show 17.

My 2017 gaming reality...to buy every damn new shinny game that comes out because I'm weak. So very damn weak.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:48 PM   #5
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
Definitely looking forward to Horizon. Zelda looks good but I would have preferred them to make the game look realistic instead of cartoony. Still hoping for Spider Man in 2017??? Good luck with that bud. LOL.

Really with my backlot I don't think I am ever going to catch up in less I win a lot of money and can just retire. Zelda I love favorite video game franchise ever and I love the art style they are going with in BOTW. I do prefer more realistic art styles but BOTW looks great and I have never seen a game that looks like it. lol while I am thinking at best we get Spider-Man in late 2017 like in time for the holidays but I am thinking it may be a early to mid 2018 because if it was 2017 I think we would have seen something at the video game awards or the PlayStation experiences.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2017, 03:10 AM   #6
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Current Rotation:
Skyrim
No Man's Sky
Final Fantasy
Ratchet & Clank
Infinite Warfare

Put Away:
MLB 16 the Show
GTA V
WWE 2K17
Madden 17
Star Wars

Coming up:
MLB The Show 17
Outlast 2
Guardians of the Galaxy
Red Dead Redemption 2
Prey
Spiderman (?)
WWE 2K18

Last edited by Bard; 02-15-2017 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:26 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I put 5 bucks on Ghost Recon at GameStop but if it is like Rainbow Six Seige with no campaign, I'll be getting my 5 bucks back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-02-2017, 09:14 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 27

Currently playing:

MLB The Show 16
Rocket League
GTA V (Online)
Rock Band 4
Lego Dimensions
Doom

Future games:

The Walking Dead: Season 3
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
MLB The Show 17

I just recently completed Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham and Batman: The Telltale Series. Great games.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by PhilliesFan13; 01-02-2017 at 09:16 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »