Home

XBox 1 Owners - Is Your Game Starting Correctly?

This is a discussion on XBox 1 Owners - Is Your Game Starting Correctly? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2017, 10:47 PM   #1
Rookie

RainZ's Arena

OVR: 14
Exclamation XBox 1 Owners - Is Your Game Starting Correctly?

Or are you having to do the "Reserved Space" trick or some other trick to get the game to load properly?

Trying to work out if this has been happening to everyone or only a vocal minority.

Anyone on xbox one who has NOT yet had this problem at all?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2017, 10:59 PM   #2
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: XBox 1 Owners - Is Your Game Starting Correctly?

For me it freezes when the video starts with Chris Paul, just about every other day and I have to clear the space. My friends have it get stuck forever at the team screen.

Last edited by AshamanCarnage; 01-18-2017 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:03 PM   #3
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

This is what 2K sent me regarding this issue.

Hello there Mike,

Thank you for contacting 2K Support. We are always happy to assist!

I am sorry to hear that you appear to be stuck on the loading screen when trying to load NBA 2K17.

Before we go any further, please allow me to inform you that it is normal for your game to be taking a long time to load if you have just re-installed or if its been quite awhile since the last time you launched the game. It might be due to the game still downloading and applying updates before giving you full access, or simply because all of the content is not currently properly installed and needs to be reconfigured. Let me reassure you that the game is not frozen, it is simply taking an extended period of time to load features. The time usually increases as the game's life cycle continues and additional content is added. I would also like to mention that the amount of time it takes to load will vary and also depends on the quality of your internet connection. To verify what the speed and quality of your internet service is you can visit http://www.speedtest.net/ on either a PC or mobile device connected to your WiFi.

In the meantime I would suggest launching the game, letting it load and either leave it idle (not touching anything) while it updates or put your console in sleep mode. When the game is finished loading it should bring you to the main menu automatically.

Additionally, you may notice a slight improvement in your loading if you connect your console to your Internet router directly via Ethernet (if possible of course).

Let me know if it works!

Also, please note that contrarily to what you may have read online or what other community members may have mentioned, do NOT clear your Reserved Space as it may actually worsen the issue or cause additional unforeseen issues to your game and content which we outlined in this Knowledge Base article: http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/234764408

If you have further questions, feel free to ask!

Sincerely,

Vanessa Q.
2K Support
Old 01-19-2017, 01:01 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
This is what 2K sent me regarding this issue.

{SNIP}

Let me know if it works!

{SNIP}
But please don't if it doesn't?? ...

Last edited by sc00by; 01-19-2017 at 01:03 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:13 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I experienced this issue once, and haven't experienced it again luckily..

I think I'm chalking it up to having my Xbox power state to "always on", the power mode where you can say "Xbox On" and it will turn on. So basically it is always in a sleep mode and never fully off.

I may be in the minority but I only play one video game at a time, so when I'm done playing NBA 2k17 I don't close the application. I simply turn the xbox off (really sleep mode) and next time I want to play I start the game and automatically am at the main menu, and the game just wants me to reconnect to the servers which takes about 5 seconds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2017, 04:58 PM   #6
Rookie

I just got a Xbox One 2 weeks ago, and it constantly froze up the first day at the team logo screen. Luckily, my wife had me doing something, and when I got back, it was playing fine.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2017, 05:38 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainZ
Or are you having to do the "Reserved Space" trick or some other trick to get the game to load properly?

Trying to work out if this has been happening to everyone or only a vocal minority.

Anyone on xbox one who has NOT yet had this problem at all?
Nope me and 12 of my other friends are having to constantly do the clear reserved space trick to get the game to get past the NBA logo Screen so its not a minority. They need to fix this bug.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:54 PM   #8
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

It was rough for a while, but mine has been starting up correctly for about 3 weeks now (knock on wood).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »