Home

2017 Atlanta Braves

This is a discussion on 2017 Atlanta Braves within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2017, 11:36 AM   #1
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
2017 Atlanta Braves

Happy New Year Braves fans,

I figured it was time we started talking 2017 in a 2017 thread. Getting close...about 3.5 weeks until pitchers and catchers report.

I'll post some thoughts as we get closer, but I think this is a pivotal season for the Braves on several fronts...and the first one in Sun Trust Park.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2017, 05:12 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2017 Atlanta Braves

I'm optimistic about this season. I think we've got a chance to be a pretty decent ballclub.

Kicking myself for not making it to Turner Field last year. I'm going to have to make sure I hit SunTrust this year.
Old 02-05-2017, 11:26 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 8

I'll be at the Home Opener! I'm cautiously optimistic about this team. I like our offense and our Bullpen. Our rotation in the first half should be at least decent. This isn't a championship team, but I olook for us to take a big step in the right direction.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:12 PM   #4
Rookie

wingles1's Arena

OVR: 0

Unfortunately Sean Rodriguez was hurt in a car accident. But the Braves we're luckily able to steal Brandon Phillips from the Reds for close to nothing. I mean how does Coppy keep getting such great steals? I am very happy with the trade and the way I see it, it's an upgrade over any platoon Rodriguez or Peterson would've had. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-12-2017, 06:31 PM   #5
All Star

Pretty happy with the deal because we didn't really give up anything for it. He's not a long term solution, but inserting him into the 2017 lineup is pretty nice upgrade over what we had. Not that he's an all-star at this point in this career, but upgrading one of the weakest offensive positions from last year with a legitimate bat combined with all the other things this offense should have makes me excited for 2017. Pitching is still a big question mark though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2017, 09:12 PM   #6
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Atlanta signed a kid out of Venezuala (Kevin Maitan) last year that is currently 17 years old...that's insane to me.

Baseball America has already listed him as the #7 SS prospect so he's certainly got a high future ahead of himself without ever playing a professional game.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:47 PM   #7
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Atlanta signed a kid out of Venezuala (Kevin Maitan) last year that is currently 17 years old...that's insane to me.

Baseball America has already listed him as the #7 SS prospect so he's certainly got a high future ahead of himself without ever playing a professional game.
I have been following Maitan for at least 2 years now...watching any video I can on him and reading up on his situation. He has been compared to Miguel Cabrera and Miguel Sano from a hitting perspective....he was a HUGE get for the Braves in the international signing period last year.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:28 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

NRI OF'er (BA's #16 Braves team Prospect) Dustin Peterson out 8 weeks.
Dont know if he had a realistic shot at making the team, but when I first heard this and thought he might be out longer, I hoped Jeff Francouer could have been signed to play at AAA Gwinnett. He may not even be interested in playing minor league ball though. At 33 he isnt ever going to go back to his 2011 self, but I still would hate to see him retire as he is one of my favorites over the last dozen years. Just 1 more season Frenchy, please?

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »