Home

HOF has saved this game for me...

This is a discussion on HOF has saved this game for me... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2017, 09:19 AM   #1
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23
HOF has saved this game for me...

...let me explain.

Ive been an All Star level player for years, forever, both hitting and pitching.

This year despite hitting only around .240 as a team on A/S, ive been able to win 80% plus of games as pitching on A/S (Pulse, with my own slider set, still walking plenty etc) was just too easy. I knew if i scored only 2/3 runs a game i would still win as i could shut the CPU down so readily. I felt no fear at all, even when facing great hitters in big situations, and it shouldnt be like that.

No more.

I thought, well, just go to HOF pitching, stay on A/S hitting, but my brain wouldnt let me do that because i saw it like this.

The CPU is having to face HOF quality pitching from me, why should i only have to face A/S quality pitching from them?

Hitting only league average or a tad lower on A/S, i thought, well theres no way im good enough to hit and compete regularly on HOF hitting, and then i thought...no, you can, if you focus, if you really concentrate, you can do it.

And i have...having restarted my franchise im winning games, losing games, hitting more homers than ever and hitting much better than on A/S, i think in part because the CPU pitching is being more cute on the edges of the zone, therefore im walking more, therefore getting more men on base to drive in etc, the snowball effect.

The difference is now i do feel the fear of the CPU hitting, especially the big boppers, in a good way, because my mistakes are getting hit and hit hard, and thats great! Thats what i want, because this hardly ever happened on A/S, i could just cruise through...not any more.

I never felt i was good enough to go to HOF hitting and pitching, but i have proven that i am, and the wins and losses feel so much more rewarding now.

If i win, i damn well earned it through focus and concentration, if i lose, my fault, wasnt on it, well played CPU.

So yeah, HOF has saved the game for me, who wants to win 120+ games on A/S as i was on track to? No real feat if you arent being challenged.

Now i win and lose as my performance dictates and im loving it.

Any similar difficulty stories out there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2017, 09:30 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: HOF has saved this game for me...

Are you using default sliders on hof or still using custom sliders?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2017, 09:46 AM   #3
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

No, as i mention, im using my own slider set found in that sub forum.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:19 PM   #4
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I agree about HOF pitching...so incredible this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-23-2017, 01:35 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

I had the same revelation 2 years ago, except I went from HoF to Legend. Three years ago, I won the World Series with the Yankees on Hall of Fame difficulty. I really wasn't challenged at all. So the next year (2 years ago), I made the leap to Legend. Wow . . . the game was almost impossible on that difficulty so I went back to Hall of Fame . . . for a week. I started 14-1 on Hall of Fame and the one loss was a one-run extra inning loss that I should've won. So I went back to Legend . . . and struggled and struggled. It got to the point where I just quit. So last year, I thought, I'm gonna start on Hall of Fame because Legend was just too difficult the previous year. I started 10-0 with a rebuilding Yankees team and wasn't even challenged. So I tried Legend again and dedicated myself to focusing as much as possible . . . and it paid off. Last year I finished the season with the Yankees 90-72 on Legend and made the wild card game where I lost to the Astros on an extra-inning upper deck job on a changeup to Luis Valbuena. It was a satisfying season despite the loss.

This year has been difficult because I use my own all-Legend sliders (no one else plays on all Legend so no sliders exist except mine) and the numerous patches force me to test my sliders after every new released patch. I'm finally at a good place and started my campaign 2 days ago. I'm currently 1-1 with the Yankees (I live in NY, play with the Yankees every year), so far so good. Let's hope I can progress now . . . unless SCEA tinkers with another gameplay patch.

Last edited by Padgoi; 05-23-2017 at 03:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2017, 01:42 PM   #6
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

What hitting mode?

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 05-23-2017, 01:49 PM   #7
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

Directional.

Trust me, you can do it too.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:13 PM   #8
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I know I can, but I don't want it to be at the expense of realistic stats. Again, my ONLY complaint is the high amount of home runs and the lack of doubles. As I have said before, if half of my home runs were doubles it would be perfect. All of their stats are perfect. It seems to me a minor adjustment is more reasonable than a difficulty change.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »