Home

I still think NBA 2k11 is a deeper more enjoyable basketball game

This is a discussion on I still think NBA 2k11 is a deeper more enjoyable basketball game within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2018, 05:14 PM   #1
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

This is not a 2k18 bash thread. After all the patches, I'm very pleased with 2k18 and love it!!

But.....

But I broke out 2k11 this weekend and now I don't want to quit playing. I'm still finding new animations, sequences and amazing gameplay I never seen before. I don't notice any glaring AI problems, the commentary is probably better than 2k18 and in many ways, I feel the presentation is better too. And of course Jordan's face, is still better than what we've seen on next gen....

Man, I'd give anything if they made this game backwards compatible with new rosters! I'm confident that 2k12 is probably right behind 2k11 as my favorite...

#1 2k11
#2 2k12
#3 2k14
#4 2k18
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 07:31 PM   #2
Rookie

nflrocks24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I still think NBA 2k11 is a deeper more enjoyable basketball game

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
This is not a 2k18 bash thread. After all the patches, I'm very pleased with 2k18 and love it!!

But.....

But I broke out 2k11 this weekend and now I don't want to quit playing. I'm still finding new animations, sequences and amazing gameplay I never seen before. I don't notice any glaring AI problems, the commentary is probably better than 2k18 and in many ways, I feel the presentation is better too. And of course Jordan's face, is still better than what we've seen on next gen....

Man, I'd give anything if they made this game backwards compatible with new rosters! I'm confident that 2k12 is probably right behind 2k11 as my favorite...

#1 2k11
#2 2k12
#3 2k14
#4 2k18
I agree 100%. PS3/360 era best for basketball. I don't know though if your talking about 2k14 ps3 or ps4. My favorites are 2k11, 2k12, 2k13. 2k14 through 2k16 is pretty good as well on ps3 era.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:45 PM   #3
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflrocks24
I agree 100%. PS3/360 era best for basketball. I don't know though if your talking about 2k14 ps3 or ps4. My favorites are 2k11, 2k12, 2k13. 2k14 through 2k16 is pretty good as well on ps3 era.
Yeah. Previous gen 2k14. 2k15 is really good too. I actually didn't know there was an NBA 2k 16 on previous-gen I may have to check that out

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2018, 08:12 PM   #4
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

Yep, about 2 weeks ago I officially went back to last gen for my basketball gaming. I’m in the process of updating NBA 2K14 for the 2017-2018 season. Every team’s roster is done, just working on updating uniforms at this point.

But last gen was definitely the golden era of basketball video games. I think this was because this is when basketball video game devs were focused on creating the most simulation basketball experience possible. They weren’t basing there game almost entirely on an online arcade mode (which is unfortunately how I feel the current game is going). Every year of development, it seemed that gameplay was always the focal point. Which led to better and better games each year. Also, I don’t know what it is, but these last gen games hold a level of unpredictability that I haven’t been able to find since the release of the current generation of consoles. When you play these games it almost seems like anything is possible, and you’re not seeing the same sequences take place over and over again. I think that modern day 2K has gotten so animation heavy that unless something changes, repetition in what we see may not cease to exist. Which is very unfortunate and hopefully not what the future of basketball video games holds.

Last edited by EZMADDEN; 03-05-2018 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:31 PM   #5
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMADDEN
Yep, about 2 weeks ago I officially went back to last gen for my basketball gaming. I’m in the process of updating NBA 2K14 for the 2017-2018 season. Every team’s roster is done, just working on updating uniforms at this point.

But last gen was definitely the golden era of basketball video games. I think this was because this is when basketball video game devs were focused on creating the most simulation basketball experience possible. They weren’t basing there game almost entirely on an online arcade mode (which is unfortunately how I feel the current game is going). Every year of development, it seemed that gameplay was always the focal point. Which led to better and better games each year. Also, I don’t know what it is, but these last gen games hold a level of unpredictability that I haven’t been able to find since the release of the current generation of consoles. When you play these games it almost seems like anything is possible, and you’re not seeing the same sequences take place over and over again. I think that modern day 2K has gotten so animation heavy that unless something changes, repetition in what we see may not cease to exist. Which is very unfortunate and hopefully not what the future of basketball video games holds.
Great input here and honestly it's an excellent reason to still hold on to your old consoles

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 09:33 PM   #6
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:

Getting a 360 now is getting harder and more expensive . The bundle I bought last year was one$199 now it's $320. Ugh .

Old 03-05-2018, 09:35 PM   #7
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Getting a 360 now is getting harder and more expensive . The bundle I bought last year was one$199 now it's $320. Ugh .

Man! I don’t know where you’ve been shopping but I’ve seen them as low as $60!
Old 03-05-2018, 10:26 PM   #8
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Man! I don’t know where you’ve been shopping but I’ve seen them as low as $60!
I'm talking new. I don't like buying used 360s. Too risky.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »