Home

YouTube community it’s claiming nba 2k18 is dead

This is a discussion on YouTube community it’s claiming nba 2k18 is dead within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 01:39 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 1
YouTube community it’s claiming nba 2k18 is dead

https://youtu.be/hTJq2dFcr8I

https://youtu.be/6D1IxkqLy_w

https://youtu.be/l3pnfN9pVdU

There’s a few more videos a saw but I’ll use these 3. I follow agent zero on YouTube so at times I get recommended videos by these others guys and there’s a constant them with theme..2k18 is dead.

I go through the comments and it’s people saying they stopped playing because they miss open shots where they filled the bar..missed layups or lost the ball in traffic...they never mention the traffic part lmao.

Now on one hand they’re all crying imo but my 15 yer old cousin doesn’t even play the game anymore he switched over to fortenite full time in December. He’s of the same opinion as these youtubers that this is the worst 2k he’s played.

What are y’all thougts?

What does this mean for us? Will 2k cave in to their demands of hitting contested layups and every open shot hs to fall?

Last edited by loso_34; 03-14-2018 at 01:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2018, 01:52 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: YouTube community it’s claiming nba 2k18 is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
https://youtu.be/hTJq2dFcr8I

https://youtu.be/6D1IxkqLy_w

https://youtu.be/l3pnfN9pVdU

There’s a few more videos a saw but I’ll use these 3. I follow agent zero on YouTube so at times I get recommended videos by these others guys and there’s a constant them with them..2k18 is dead.

I go through the comments and it’s people saying they stopped playing because they miss open shots where they filled the bar..missed layups or lost the ball in traffic...they never mention the traffic part lmao.

Now on one hand they’re all crying imo but my 15 yer old cousin doesn’t even play the game anymore he switched over to fortenite full time in December. He’s of the same opinion as these youtubers that this is the worst 2k he’s played.

What are y’all thougts?

What does this mean for us? Will 2k cave in to their demands of hitting contested layups and every open shot hs to fall?
the game is broken. thats a fact. some things look great but in reality. it is broken.

No professional basketball player should blow layups when these 2k players blow layups that are rated 80+. they blow layups like a 5th grader. its ridiculous. someone will bring up the overall fg%'s of the games. thats due to a lack of defense and a lack of defensive tools to play better defense if you knew how to.

for the most part. real life people do not just randomly drop passes they have already caught just so the play wont work. thats 2k for you.

traffic or no traffic. traffic should bother the pass by actually allowing a bad pass to hit the defender on the body if he's in that lane. But just constantly dropping passes after you've already caught the pass like you have grease on your hands is cartoonish.

now if 2k wants to make a game where you have to some what turn to catch the pass or press a button to put your hands out and tap it again to secure the pass. fine by me. but just dropping passes after you caught them is ridiculous.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:06 PM   #3
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Hahahaha YouTube...... I stop taking opinions from those guys a while back. Anyone that says it's "broken" has no clue what goes into the game.

What I'm guessing is they want to close it up more back to last year and the year before.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2018, 03:02 PM   #4
MVP

IMO it's the best 2k ever made, players don't usually miss wide open lay ups, they miss contested lay ups they claim were wide open. Ya you're gonna miss some open shots, but that's basketball. The ball drop animation usually only triggers on forced passes. A lot of bad players claim the game is broken because of deficiencies in their game and the refusal to improve
Old 03-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #5
Pro

Compared to previous 2k's this game is dead. Lack of patches to fix in game issue and the neighborhood really not living up to expectations hurt this game a lot. . Older 2k's started to die around Mid Summer. It's only March and the numbers are already super low. Streamers aren't pulling in good numbers on Twitch either. No 250K tourney has almost killed the PRO-AM scene since the combine is over. Just hoping 2k19 is much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2018, 03:32 PM   #6
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
Compared to previous 2k's this game is dead. Lack of patches to fix in game issue and the neighborhood really not living up to expectations hurt this game a lot. . Older 2k's started to die around Mid Summer. It's only March and the numbers are already super low. Streamers aren't pulling in good numbers on Twitch either. No 250K tourney has almost killed the PRO-AM scene since the combine is over. Just hoping 2k19 is much better.
Its not that the game is bad, because it isnt.... Its just that so many people arent going to be playing 2K or watching 2K streams... cuz Fortnite.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:36 PM   #7
MVP

I don't get the hype over fortnite, I downloaded it and gave it a try but was bored after like 10 minutes... really lacks depth for my liking, but hey to each their own. The Show is coming out soon so that should take another chunk of players
Old 03-14-2018, 03:43 PM   #8
Pro

rwntrl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
Must just be for you online guys. Pretty sure most Play Now/MyLeague/MyGM players, though not as many as online guys, think the game is great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »